Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cashogy_reborn
03.26.2013 , 10:30 PM | #2251
the lowbie bracket is the most innately imbalanced form of PvP i have ever seen.

skill based PvP in lowbies, lol
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Dakotafett
03.27.2013 , 12:48 AM | #2252
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..
I agree totally. You get tossed into pvp with recruit gear and are expected to compete with people in WH or higher gear right from the start. Total BS. I am a casual player, I don't get to sit on my pc for hours and earn coms for gear. Bio needs to separate the WZ's somehow. I love PVP I hate getting gang banged by some shadow with 24k in hit points over and over again not doing any damage to him getting my 2 mercy coms and starting over again. I guess if these ego elites get there kicks by killing new PvP 50's over and over, they have bigger issues they need to deal with. Make it a challenge ffs and go up against players of equal gear and rank.

Vladnar
03.27.2013 , 10:32 AM | #2253
Lower level 49 is awesome fun, people just getting in there and having a go, ive levelled 3 toons through class quests and pvp only and absolutely love it..........UNTIL you hit level 50 and decided to get full war hero and its pug pug pug vs team team team with everybody bored to death of massacre one way or the other.

GET THE TEAMS out of pugs please and stick them in ranked.....and bring the fun back into 50 pvp for all our sakes.............50 pvp is a massive chore and BORING................pvp is brilliant but landslides either way do nobody any good at all.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Wraithwarr
03.27.2013 , 05:21 PM | #2254
Not sure what server you play on, but on mine I never have to wait more that 2 minutes for a solo queue. If premades are bothering you that much, join a pvp guild.
Riistetyt Delekhan - Sorcerer of The Bastion
<Dark Aftermath>"I make things go squish"

Wraithwarr
03.27.2013 , 05:24 PM | #2255
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
the lowbie bracket is the most innately imbalanced form of PvP i have ever seen.

This ^

10-49 pvp is ridiculously unbalanced, and seriously people complaining about how hard it is to get War Hero gear? You can do the dailies for a few weeks and have enough to get most of a set.
Riistetyt Delekhan - Sorcerer of The Bastion
<Dark Aftermath>"I make things go squish"

DarthRaika
03.27.2013 , 07:39 PM | #2256
Ya, I feel lowbie pvp is balanced. When I used completed quests inside a wz and put on all legacy augmented near min/maxed wh gear on my jug some of the players I smashed still had some health left. So it was obviously very balanced .

MidichIorian
03.27.2013 , 07:50 PM | #2257
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakotafett View Post
I agree totally. You get tossed into pvp with recruit gear and are expected to compete with people in WH or higher gear right from the start. Total BS. I am a casual player, I don't get to sit on my pc for hours and earn coms for gear. Bio needs to separate the WZ's somehow. I love PVP I hate getting gang banged by some shadow with 24k in hit points over and over again not doing any damage to him getting my 2 mercy coms and starting over again. I guess if these ego elites get there kicks by killing new PvP 50's over and over, they have bigger issues they need to deal with. Make it a challenge ffs and go up against players of equal gear and rank.
While I agree that it's not completely fair that people from different gear tiers have to compete against eachother I also feel that the gear "issue" is the player's responsibility. There's really no justification for entering the 50-bracket in full recruit. If PvP is in your interest you've probably played warzones pre-50 too and had time to save up comms. Saying that you don't have hours to play every day is not an excuse. It can take a person 6 months to ding 50 but what's important is what he/she is doing with the time he/she has at his/her disposal. If you want to level through PvE it's your choice but you also have the choice to do it through warzones. As I see it end-game PvE doesnt start until you ding 50, end-game PvP starts much sooner.

You don't see PvP'ers posting that it's unfair that they can't take on EC NiM because they chose to spend their time in warzones instead of gearing up through other operations.

Another thing is that people seem to think that they will be able to raise hell from the get-go. Lower your expecations and play the roles you can play instead of trying to solo 3 people in recruit gear. It's the same as in lowbie, some AC'es have to adjust at the lower levels on behalf of not having all of their abilties. And regardless of whether or you play 1h or 100h per week it's going to take more or less the same amount of games to gear up ("more or less" because of the weekly), it's not like people with a lot of time on their hands simply are given the gear.

hellspawnpl
03.27.2013 , 08:20 PM | #2258
Go to The Progenitor EU (RP server) and play 50wz.
We don't have any ranked match, so there is no "we premades just wait for rwz, so why not destroy some pugs?" excuse.
They (premades) just destroy random pugs all time, i don't know what satisfaction they get from this :/

My opinion:
1. BW must create some cross server wz's and separate pugs from groups of premades.
2. OP specs (now: sweap/smash, pyro's and bubblestun) totally ruining fun of playing what you like, because it almost force you to play OP spec (because your opponents play it), so balance is veeeeery important thing to do.

MidichIorian
03.27.2013 , 09:20 PM | #2259
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

Yes and no. Both lowbie and 50 lack balance is a bunch of areas but assuming that everyone was set to level 49 in lowbie and bolstered we'd have the best PvP this game possibly could get, for the simple reason that there's less difference between certain AC'es when they're equally geared at lvl 49 than there will ever be at 50. 50 allows some serious abuse of power stacking, something that benefits some AC'es while others not so much.

cashogy_reborn
03.27.2013 , 09:31 PM | #2260
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Yes and no. Both lowbie and 50 lack balance is a bunch of areas but assuming that everyone was set to level 49 in lowbie and bolstered we'd have the best PvP this game possibly could get, for the simple reason that there's less difference between certain AC'es when they're equally geared at lvl 49 than there will ever be at 50. 50 allows some serious abuse of power stacking, something that benefits some AC'es while others not so much.
the imbalance of lowbie PvP has nothing to do with gearing.

you are matching players with different amounts of character progression, incomplete skill trees, and incomplete ability complements. class balance is designed around performance at 50; how can you even begin to compare even two classes of the same level when they are below 50? the short answer is, you cannot.

as far as what you can an imbalance in 50 PvP, every player has the ability to min/max their gear. ignoring the advantages/disadvantages certain classes innately have, 50 PvP is "balanced", with the only real variable being player skill. which, because their is such a wide range of player skill, does often result in very imbalanced warzones. but that is out of anyones control but the individual players.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads