Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Ybini's Avatar


Ybini
02.19.2013 , 09:00 AM | #2231
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You can synch queue with another group of 4 and most times you'll all get into the same WZ together. There's also those times when a good group of 4 will get paired with another good group of 4. For PUGs, that's usually a disadvantage they can't overcome.
And there'll be times you queue up and 4 guys drop out just as things are loading, they're trying to get their two 4 man premades to queue together to make an 8 man premade. They just need to stop calling it solo queue. If you're grouped, you're not solo.

JackNader's Avatar


JackNader
02.19.2013 , 09:15 AM | #2232
This could be solved so easily via an intelligent queue system.


Groups of 4 are put into one queue rotation.


Groups of 2 and 3 are put into another rotation. Groups of 2 can only be tacked at the end of an existing team of 6 players.


Solo queue and groups of 2 can be put into a third rotation.

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
02.19.2013 , 10:20 AM | #2233
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
And there'll be times you queue up and 4 guys drop out just as things are loading, they're trying to get their two 4 man premades to queue together to make an 8 man premade. They just need to stop calling it solo queue. If you're grouped, you're not solo.
I'm not sure what your point is. And certainly not, at least in my guild, we do not drop out. If we get to play all 8 of us cool. If end up playing against each other even better so. Why not doing ranked at that point? Maybe because we are missing the key classes in our composition, none else is qing or we just wanna relax. But certainly playing against each other is big fun and the losers will always blame the other 4 . But certainly we won't drop out because we didn't end up in the same team.

Keldaur's Avatar


Keldaur
02.19.2013 , 10:36 AM | #2234
So according to a few guys asking for ...

- Cross server (not my favorite since it finally destroy any kind of community pvp'er on that server, but it has its own upsided, give you that)
- Proper Matchmaking (my favorite, some people will hate it because it push your winrate to 50% except if you are exceptionally good or bad, that means, premade or not, most warzones will be challenging).

... is just beind a baddie.

Full of genius.

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
02.19.2013 , 08:43 PM | #2235
Lol at Redderic. You know nothing about me.

First of all, I have done a fair amount of premading (if you had read my post you would have seen me say that). I got bored quickly when I was part of a very good premade and I stopped doing that. Since then I have spent a decent portion of my time pvp'n with friends of random gear/skill levels. However, most of the time I pug.

I have 6 50s and I only play after work. You prob don't know what work means but it is what adults do to make money and buy things. I complete weeklies every week for 4 of them and usually 5 although I don't play 2 of my 50s much at all. I also do a fair amount of lowbie pvp. I win more than I lose even when pugging, however that doesn't prove anything about me.

My main problem with the current system is lack of any real competition. It is not pugging and facing premades. I would like to make a great premade and fight other good premades. When I bring up the point about the pugs having problems I am talking about the average casual player. If you don't realize that the average casual player pugs more than anything then it just demonstrates your extreme ignorance.

A little about myself...I have played mmos for many years and have led a couple pvp guilds. I am a decent pvpr (and I am sure that I am far better than you Red). My last game was Rift and my premade was by far the best in our server group and I was widely considered the best mage in my server group. Also, many people told me I was the best rogue as well. Now you don't have to believe any of this but I know it is true and so insults like yours are just laughable to me.

Learn to think outside of yourself. If I only thought about myself my only point would be that I want to fight premades, however I understand that what I want would also benefit the average player.

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
02.20.2013 , 02:36 AM | #2236
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Lol at Redderic. You know nothing about me.

First of all, I have done a fair amount of premading (if you had read my post you would have seen me say that). I got bored quickly when I was part of a very good premade and I stopped doing that. Since then I have spent a decent portion of my time pvp'n with friends of random gear/skill levels. However, most of the time I pug.

I have 6 50s and I only play after work. You prob don't know what work means but it is what adults do to make money and buy things. I complete weeklies every week for 4 of them and usually 5 although I don't play 2 of my 50s much at all. I also do a fair amount of lowbie pvp. I win more than I lose even when pugging, however that doesn't prove anything about me.

My main problem with the current system is lack of any real competition. It is not pugging and facing premades. I would like to make a great premade and fight other good premades. When I bring up the point about the pugs having problems I am talking about the average casual player. If you don't realize that the average casual player pugs more than anything then it just demonstrates your extreme ignorance.

A little about myself...I have played mmos for many years and have led a couple pvp guilds. I am a decent pvpr (and I am sure that I am far better than you Red). My last game was Rift and my premade was by far the best in our server group and I was widely considered the best mage in my server group. Also, many people told me I was the best rogue as well. Now you don't have to believe any of this but I know it is true and so insults like yours are just laughable to me.

Learn to think outside of yourself. If I only thought about myself my only point would be that I want to fight premades, however I understand that what I want would also benefit the average player.
Yea, I can see where you are coming from. I used to run a premade with some friends but after a while the ranked matches just stopped. We tried to get people to start matches up and we don't even wait for the "perfect" setup, just get people that want some competitive matches.

Sadly there are usually only 2 or 3 guilds(maybe even less) that will sign up for these ranked matches. The ranked pvp in this game isn't really driven by any real form of competition. Hopefully some changes can be made to bring life into it.

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
02.21.2013 , 03:39 PM | #2237
So, 2.0 comes to PTS.

Did we see solo pug only queue or not?
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Givemedanger's Avatar


Givemedanger
02.24.2013 , 01:00 PM | #2238
When will the pugs be separated from those game ruining premades?

Caeelar's Avatar


Caeelar
02.24.2013 , 05:30 PM | #2239
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Yea, I can see where you are coming from. I used to run a premade with some friends but after a while the ranked matches just stopped. We tried to get people to start matches up and we don't even wait for the "perfect" setup, just get people that want some competitive matches.

Sadly there are usually only 2 or 3 guilds(maybe even less) that will sign up for these ranked matches. The ranked pvp in this game isn't really driven by any real form of competition. Hopefully some changes can be made to bring life into it.
If they forced all premades (ie. 3 or more queing together) to use the ranked queue, it most certainly would upstep the ranked queue and give the pug queue a better chance at having a non-faceroll match. The problem with a premade isn't JUST the fact they they tend to better geared, more coordinatd, and on voice chat.. it's also has largely to do with the fact that they have a much better balance. Most premades have some sort of very solid healer, a stealther, a jumper, and a sorc for pulls. You get those 4 in a premade, you can pretty much beat any solo queue group except maybe the rare random one that has 8 very solid players and is well balanced. Most solo queue groups have MAYBE one healer, and at least 2 - 3 recruit gear wearing folks.

rbkrbk's Avatar


rbkrbk
02.24.2013 , 06:27 PM | #2240
Quote: Originally Posted by Redderic View Post
have you tried getting good? problem is no one cares. they are not going to stop people from getting in a group in a MMO. if you cant win against a premade make a premade and l2pvp correctly
Some of us have these things called jobs. Many of us within that group work anywhere from 8-16 hours a day, leaving very little time to "get good". But we still want to be able to enjoy the PvP of the game. Why not just have the flippin' matchmaking system, where people like me, who are too busy trying to make sure that model in excel has no formula errors, get matched up with other people like me? Of equal skill? Wouldn't THAT make more sense? To just match people that like occasional video game entertainment, instead of TELLING us to sacrifice time from our professional and social lives just to, as you call it, "get good"?

I used to play SC 2 for a while after it came out. I was in Diamond League 1v1's. You know what? That never bothered me, because I knew I would never have the time to commit to learning uber-micro, high level strategies, or every detail about every unit of every race. I knew I would never get into Master/Grand-Master ranks, but I STILL HAD FUN. If that game had a sub, I would have paid it.
"The Old Republic is in EA’s top 10 franchises in terms of profitability, “but it’s not in our top five”. “So it’s a business contributor, while important, is not as important as Medal of Honor or Battlefield or FIFA or Madden or The Sims or SimCity..."
- John Riccitiello, CEO, Electronic Arts