Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Jjix's Avatar


Jjix
02.17.2013 , 04:19 PM | #2191
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Why do people who don't actively try to improve the quality of their pug group complain about getting stomped. From that survey, all I really cared about was the part where you weren't a healer. Especially if you are pugging, why would you expect another person to go heals for you if you won't heal yourself?
Spoiler: the answer isn't that you're such an amazing dps that having you go heals would be a great disservice
I prefer and excel at Scrapper spec, but I end up healing on my scoundrel more often than not because I don't want to leave the group I'm in without a healer. Btw, saying that your class doesn't have a heal tree is invalid because your character selection did not only allow you to select Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior, and you AC Trainer did not have Commando/Merc, Scoundrel/Operative, and Sage/Sorc grayed out.
I see, the whole PvP problem is solved! Don't play unless you are a healer!

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.17.2013 , 04:27 PM | #2192
Quote: Originally Posted by Jjix View Post
I see, the whole PvP problem is solved! Don't play unless you are a healer!
Not quite, don't complain unless you're willing to actively better your comp.
-10 internetz for bad reading comprehension
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Jjix's Avatar


Jjix
02.17.2013 , 04:36 PM | #2193
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Not quite, don't complain unless you're willing to actively better your comp.
-10 internetz for bad reading comprehension
So don't complain unless you play a healer?
-10 internetz for making no sense whatsoever

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.17.2013 , 04:52 PM | #2194
Quote: Originally Posted by Jjix View Post
So don't complain unless you play a healer?
-10 internetz for making no sense whatsoever
Actively bettering your comp includes going tank in huttball, combat sent is nice as well. Engineering/Sab spec in Novare is great. Really playing to a classes strengths in each match can make a full pug group strong.
You really aren't good at this........
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Soulwave's Avatar


Soulwave
02.17.2013 , 05:21 PM | #2195
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Actively bettering your comp includes going tank in huttball, combat sent is nice as well. Engineering/Sab spec in Novare is great. Really playing to a classes strengths in each match can make a full pug group strong.
You really aren't good at this........
Yea, a single hero can turn the tide in a unorganized pug run :P

Zhaker's Avatar


Zhaker
02.17.2013 , 05:29 PM | #2196
Dear all you people that cant find a group to premade with and complain about being roflstomped by premades.

Learn 2 play.

Yes seriously, learn 2 play. Its already annoying as hell seeing people doing stupid stuff repeatedly and making the team worse.

Even if your War Hero geared, you folks that complain still probably hit < 100k damage while going on the full offense because you suck.

You find 10-49 WZ fun because you can mindlessly do random **** and get away with it because 95% there do the same thing.

But in 50 WZ where wins are required for the weekly and to help speed the dailies doing random **** isnt a good idea.

Especially when people want their weekly and daily done, it doesnt help that your mindset is being herp derr random ****.

If you were trying to win as a group but lose then you should form a premade and do it often so you play better as a team and win. Oh wait did I break your stupid logic? my bad.

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.17.2013 , 05:59 PM | #2197
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulwave View Post
Yea, a single hero can turn the tide in a unorganized pug run :P
Who ever said a pug run has to be unorganized? The chat panel is a quick enough means of communication, unless you're fighting the fabled all-stealth zerg squad You're mistaking "bad player" and "pug". There are plenty of bad players in premades, and there are a lot of bad pugs, but that doesn't mean that all pugs have to be bad. Correlation =/= causation.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Mournblood's Avatar


Mournblood
02.17.2013 , 06:12 PM | #2198
220 pages and the answer still eludes most of the posters.

Spoiler


That's right. With that one simple feature, BW could segregate solo and group queues (solo queues would never see a premade ever again and premades would play against premades), they could could gear match solo queues (by tying Valor to gear level in a meaningful way), and they could have a ladder system in Ranked that actually works. You'd also dramatically reduce the number of players quitting WZs (I'd estimate conservatively by at least half).

So if you want to complain about something or blame someone for ruining your WZ experience, point the finger at Bioware for their shortsighted design and their inability/unwillingness to fix it. Demand change from Bioware, but hating on your fellow players for trying to make the best of a craptastic queue system isn't going to change anything.

Jjix's Avatar


Jjix
02.17.2013 , 06:27 PM | #2199
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Who ever said a pug run has to be unorganized? The chat panel is a quick enough means of communication, unless you're fighting the fabled all-stealth zerg squad You're mistaking "bad player" and "pug". There are plenty of bad players in premades, and there are a lot of bad pugs, but that doesn't mean that all pugs have to be bad. Correlation =/= causation.
The problem is that the source of the imbalance is not bad players or even lack of communication. It isn't even the absence of healers as you earlier suggested . . . it is gear imbalance, plain and simple. Of course, players who enjoy the success of premades would LIKE to believe its because of their superior skill -- social, tactical, strategic, or mastery of their class and understand of other classes -- and thus they come onto this forum and tell everyone to learn2play. But the reality is premades tend to be collections of players whose gear makes them elite, they then band together for the ultimate steroidal power trip. You see another elite player, you invite him to the group, and eventually you have a group of nothing but elite geared players reaping destruction upon anything in their path.

Give everyone the same gear, however, and really the whole phenomena of a group of elite geared players vs poorly geared players goes away, problem solved. Unfortunately, this won't happen because Bioware believes they need to have some system of reward in place so that players feel PvP is worth their time.

SDTAXantos's Avatar


SDTAXantos
02.17.2013 , 06:34 PM | #2200
Quote: Originally Posted by Jjix View Post
The problem is that the source of the imbalance is not bad players or even lack of communication. It isn't even the absence of healers as you earlier suggested . . . it is gear imbalance, plain and simple.

...players who enjoy the success of premades would LIKE to believe its because of their superior skill -- social, tactical, strategic, or mastery of their class and understand of other classes...

But the reality is premades tend to be collections of players whose gear makes them elite...

You see another elite player, you invite him to the group...
I lol'd. 11/10
<The Heartbreaker>
Erotik ~* - Corpulence *┤ - Risqué - Flirt - Adipose - Zaftig - Buxom ¥Θ - Heavyset ¥»
Erotiq ≈) - Ecdysiast ┤) - Gatstrapped ⌐» - Sapphik - Pin-up ≡»