Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cycao
01.17.2013 , 09:34 AM | #2081
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaharuquiel View Post
I just finished playing a non-ranked warzone.

In my quest to finish my Weekly, I've logged on three times today to see if I can make up the 7 wins I needed. Know why I couldn't? Because every game I got into, save one, was made up of premade-Guild Super Sith.

I have recruit armor and I'm sure they were all smiling with their Cheetoh-stained teeth, the only thing visible in their mancaves besides their screens. They roll up with their EWH armor and mow me and my team down.

Forget being discouraged about getting my Weekly done in time, I'm discouraged from even getting better armor at this point. Why would I want to do to some other recruit-armored Sith what I'm getting right now? Not fair to them, and it's certainly not fair to me.

Another Tuesday will come and go, and I'm sure Bioware will not fix their matchmaking.
There is no matchmaking afaik but they said they are working on one. They also will be boosting expertise on recruit and making expertise in general the same across all gear levels.

FatEdd
01.17.2013 , 11:01 AM | #2082
The only thing I see spoiling the game is a lot of brown noses, not premades, but plain and simple brown nosses and snakes in long grass.

Also having visited a few guild websites to see what they are about, the ugly muggshots of them is enough to put anyone off.

So to wrap it up, Brown Nosses, Snakes in the grass and ugly mugg shots, that is the spoiler.

Ta

FatEdd

moouuno
01.17.2013 , 12:39 PM | #2083
4ppl paremade is so stupid
dont even Valor balance
90valor team vs recruit?????

cycao
01.17.2013 , 12:45 PM | #2084
Quote: Originally Posted by moouuno View Post
4ppl paremade is so stupid
dont even Valor balance
90valor team vs recruit?????
Post of the day.

UncelSam
01.17.2013 , 01:54 PM | #2085
Lvl 50 PVP is just unplayable right now as PUG.

You cant match those powerhealing teams guarded by tanks. You just dont get a team like that on random picked team members.

cycao
01.17.2013 , 02:13 PM | #2086
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Lvl 50 PVP is just unplayable right now as PUG.

You cant match those powerhealing teams guarded by tanks. You just dont get a team like that on random picked team members.
This is true, you don't see pugs working as a team 90% of the time.

LarryRow
01.17.2013 , 02:43 PM | #2087
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
There is no matchmaking afaik but they said they are working on one. They also will be boosting expertise on recruit and making expertise in general the same across all gear levels.
I am relatively certain that the game currently does its best to match premades against each other, if that counts as matchmaking. Do you not think that is the case?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Ybini
01.17.2013 , 04:05 PM | #2088
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I am relatively certain that the game currently does its best to match premades against each other, if that counts as matchmaking. Do you not think that is the case?
No, I've rolled into games where everyone but me is 15k hp and we're fighting a bunch of WH guys. Using the term fighting loosely, its more along the lines of focus fire death.

Usually people only stay because they get a tick on their daily. After their daily is done, and they see this they bail.

LarryRow
01.17.2013 , 04:09 PM | #2089
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
No, I've rolled into games where everyone but me is 15k hp and we're fighting a bunch of WH guys. Using the term fighting loosely, its more along the lines of focus fire death.
Are you sure you read my [very short] post? I didn't say anything about gear, just premades. Not to say that the gear gap isn't really painful if the matchmaking dice are against you.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Avanami
01.17.2013 , 04:10 PM | #2090
On ToFN every 3rd game for Republic vs 4 man imp group premade. but you get used to it
This game just need CROSS-SERVER Warzones. And put premade vs premade. Most ppl play normal warzone as premade because its to long to wait queue for rwz/ with cross-server wz all problems will be solved.
Akinaro - Jedi Shadow of ToFN