Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Isislol
01.15.2013 , 09:10 AM | #2021
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Probably because there is no reason for them to comment on this.
They don't comment on anything because they don't really care as long as we pay our monthly sub. We gonna get more cartel packs before they fix smash, bubble stun and 10 other things that are far from being balanced.

cycao
01.15.2013 , 09:16 AM | #2022
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post
They don't comment on anything because they don't really care as long as we pay our monthly sub. We gonna get more cartel packs before they fix smash, bubble stun and 10 other things that are far from being balanced.
...or there is nothing to change and they said we will get some sort of matchmaking system this year and making expertise the same across all gear levels.

Arlanon
01.15.2013 , 09:18 AM | #2023
Herp and Derp were sitting in a boat.

Herp fell out. Who was left?

UncelSam
01.15.2013 , 10:03 AM | #2024
The current situation is just painful when it comes to PvP:ing as LvL 50+. I recently rolled a new char and BING - the Pvp was fun and challeing again as low Lvl Pvp! Real long and hard battles again, lovly!

When i came back to my main I noticed how big the differance was! Jeez, been playing off and on for 2 weeks (as PUG player Lvl 50+) now and still havent finished the 9 successfull PvP WZs. When you face premade teams with fully balanced groups of healers and tanks protecting the healers theres just ZERO chance of winning as PUG team.

I just ask myself - Whats the point of this unbalance, Biware? Where is the fun for either part in these WZs? The Premades has far too easy mode and the PUGs has impossible mode.

Where is the FUN?

Shwarzchild
01.15.2013 , 10:31 AM | #2025
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
The current situation is just painful when it comes to PvP:ing as LvL 50+. I recently rolled a new char and BING - the Pvp was fun and challeing again as low Lvl Pvp! Real long and hard battles again, lovly!

When i came back to my main I noticed how big the differance was! Jeez, been playing off and on for 2 weeks (as PUG player Lvl 50+) now and still havent finished the 9 successfull PvP WZs. When you face premade teams with fully balanced groups of healers and tanks protecting the healers theres just ZERO chance of winning as PUG team.

I just ask myself - Whats the point of this unbalance, Biware? Where is the fun for either part in these WZs? The Premades has far too easy mode and the PUGs has impossible mode.

Where is the FUN?
I had what amounts to the opposite of your experience. I had very little fun in the pre 50 pvp groups. But as a 50, I am having a ball. I will group with one friend, we both are getting gear along the way, but mainly recruit with war hero stuff mixed in, and we've been a part of some epic matches. Last night him and I both finished up the weekly win 9 matches. Yeah it can be difficult, and the odds of getting a team that is bad is high. I think we played around 15-20 games last night. We won 5. Even won a huttball game (which was awesome. Shameless plug I scored my first ever huttball goal. Pumped). I do agree that going against a premade team is tough. But, I like the challenge. Just me though.

cycao
01.15.2013 , 10:32 AM | #2026
Chances of facing a premade as a pug 100%. Chances of being with a premade as a pug 0%.

Aiobhill
01.15.2013 , 01:51 PM | #2027
Three times against premades in EWH in a row. Learn how to program a working matchmaker, learn to sanction people quitting losing battles, till then I'm back in Starcraft 1v1 for some fun pvp.

Washingtoon
01.15.2013 , 03:02 PM | #2028
I experienced what must have been a personal record for me last night; 21 imps on the scoreboard at the end of the game. This was the outcome of the pubs managing to get two of their best premades on the same team. On the imp side we had three 14-15K people, those were the ones who didnt quit, and five spots where the players rotated as more and more were quitting. I joined at the end of the first round as the pubs were farming my awesome team mates.

It didnt get much better in the following games. Threw a fit when I noticed that my horrible team mates were camping a home node, long before the game was actually won by the other team, so I probably recieved a bunch of reports for that. I don't mind facing premades but for some reason I'm always ending up with people I've never seen before and who most likely only play once per week so this is where we need some form of ranks for normal warzones. It's no guarantee that someone is good just because he/she plays a lot but the likelyhood of them having some clue of what's going on is significally higher than with people who more or less never play or hasnt been on since back in the Champion gear days. Experienced players shouldnt have to deal with the newbies and I won't re-sub unless there's a change to the current system before my current prepaid time has run out.

LCEM
01.15.2013 , 03:59 PM | #2029
There should be a limit of, say, 2 in a group when queuing for non-ranked warzones. If people want to queue larger groups (but less than 8) the ranked warzone environment should be altered to accommodate them or they should have to wait until such time as a similar sized group is available to act as opposition. Pre-mades have too large an advantage when opposed by 7 or 8 individual players. The advantage is so large that it voids any attempt to offset it via player skill.

Larry_Dallas
01.15.2013 , 06:21 PM | #2030
Quote: Originally Posted by LCEM View Post
There should be a limit of, say, 2 in a group when queuing for non-ranked warzones. If people want to queue larger groups (but less than 8) the ranked warzone environment should be altered to accommodate them or they should have to wait until such time as a similar sized group is available to act as opposition. Pre-mades have too large an advantage when opposed by 7 or 8 individual players. The advantage is so large that it voids any attempt to offset it via player skill.
I'd be fine if there were a limit of 4 grouped players per team per warzone, regardless of if it's 2 groups of 2 or 1 group of 4.

4mans aren't a problem and anyone who says so is wrong.

The problem is when you've got 6-8 dropping queue until they get a simultaneous pop. I've no time for griefers who are too afraid to play rateds.