Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Givemedanger's Avatar


Givemedanger
01.14.2013 , 11:50 AM | #2011
When will solo queue be a solo queue then? Why are we forced to group up to win wz's?

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
01.14.2013 , 11:51 AM | #2012
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.
This^^
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
01.14.2013 , 12:10 PM | #2013
Quote: Originally Posted by Givemedanger View Post
When will solo queue be a solo queue then? Why are we forced to group up to win wz's?
I found a solo only queue, but not sure which language it is in. It appears as "duel"

All kidding asside; it is bads that ruin WZs as someone posted. I don't even mean "bad" as far as does not perform the way they should as X class. I mean the ones that do not know what role they should play given their class and the warzone they are in, or the modern Napoleans that are out there that think they are General ranked geniuses and have figured out a "new" strategy which should have worked despite multiple failures at attempting it with a PUG. If only they had "good" players on their team, I guess. Couldn't be their strategy.

V-Serp's Avatar


V-Serp
01.14.2013 , 01:20 PM | #2014
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
I agree, pug vrs pug is some of the best matches i have ever played in, pugs and premades need their own seperate que and a cross server pvp que to boot.
It's really two completely different playstyles. Honestly I really don't get how some of these premades can have fun rolling PUGs, to me that was always boring.

To me premades are only fun against other premades, and honestly I never liked having to work with PUGs when I'm on a premade, I'd much rather bring my entire guild. If you can only get 4 and not 8 they should just group another premade with you, usually everyone is on Vent anyway even with different premades.

PUGs you know you're going to have a random team makeup and you don't know who your teammates are or their tendencies. It is supposed to reward those who adjust quickly. But it's not fair to put these PUGs against premades who don't have that issue, it's just not a fair game.

When i PUGed I always hated having a premade with me too, especially if it was a good premade. I strongly preferred to go up against these people instead and bully them, although usually you need your own premade to do that because most premades never solo queue at all. It's rare that you'll see a skilled premade player solo PUG, but those are generally the best players imo because they don't need the voice chat and teammates to carry them and can perform on level playing fields. I was one of those but Fatman had many on Repub side that were similar, so we generally won a lot. We just couldn't ever beat the top premades, especially when they'd double queue against us when PUGing (which REALLY should never happen).

symke's Avatar


symke
01.15.2013 , 02:32 AM | #2015
I have to agree with OP.
Being in a WZ which you finish with 0 objectives, 0 medals, 0 valor, 0 WZ comms is not something I wish or look forward to. It happens rarely, but it's still not fun and it takes the desire to do more WZs out of me for some time. I am still human after all . And yes, it does usually happen against extremely good teams, there is not doubt about that. They stomp our behinds like tornado for which they do deserve praise.

But the thing is, I don't care that much about winning or losing as the main focus for me atm is collecting comms and especially experience against good teams in PVP. The problem with PUGs Vs pre-mades is also quitting on losing team. There is constant quitting and joining on our team in such WZs and this also does not help. Someone might say that those that quit or those that are not so good in PVP (bads as you like to call them) are the problem. To that I would say that this problem just means WZs have to become adjusted according to it. After all it is much, much easier to adjust the game than it is to adjust people.

Which also brings me to another interesting thing ... how do those stomping pre-mades find enjoyment in these kind of fights. I understand there are many people that get "hard" by being so much more powerful, but it just can't be the majority of them, can it?

Ainsland's Avatar


Ainsland
01.15.2013 , 03:31 AM | #2016
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
I agree, pug vrs pug is some of the best matches i have ever played in, pugs and premades need their own seperate que and a cross server pvp que to boot.
I do think this is one reason why there are far less blowouts in the 10-49 wvz's = fewer lowbie premades.

Also, I'd rather be in a non premade group (w/decent players, of course) myself. For one, I've noticed PUG healers are more likely to heal me.

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
01.15.2013 , 07:18 AM | #2017
Quote: Originally Posted by Ainsland View Post
I do think this is one reason why there are far less blowouts in the 10-49 wvz's = fewer lowbie premades.

Also, I'd rather be in a non premade group (w/decent players, of course) myself. For one, I've noticed PUG healers are more likely to heal me.
Couldnt be because they are gaining xp for completing the warzone then?

Masarko's Avatar


Masarko
01.15.2013 , 07:24 AM | #2018
202 pages, no Bioware reply, which means that the premaders will still rock the warzones!
Raptorem / Imimba
Impulse / Coral
I know it's your opinion, but you're wrong!

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.15.2013 , 07:39 AM | #2019
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
202 pages, no Bioware reply, which means that the premaders will still rock the warzones!
Probably because there is no reason for them to comment on this.

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
01.15.2013 , 09:05 AM | #2020
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Probably because there is no reason for them to comment on this.
^this. How shocking people are good at this game.

"please remove them from my queue"
"no."

/thread