Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

JP_Legatus
12.25.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1881
My favorite games are the ones that are lopsided. In fact I get irritated when I'm in a close game because then I'm forced to actually play the game when I really just want to do damage
When you're on the losing team it's annoying since it is much harder to dps but if you use your head you can find lone targets and etc

CommanderKeeva
12.25.2012 , 04:25 PM | #1882
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Not our problem.

Get friends to queue with or get out.
I can assure you that people are, in fact getting, out. And a lot of them as far as I can tell from the amount of new faces I'm seeing in warzones. Because the more people leave the better, right?

Spoiler
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Smashbrother
12.25.2012 , 05:36 PM | #1883
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
I did, if you read back many, many pages.

I find many of the premades that are regular PVP guilds are awful people that will putdown the rest of the team even if they're playing well. And heaven forbid the team should lose, it's your fault, not the poorly put together premade's.
Yeah, I'm not gonna read through 180+ pages. But the fact remains that you're in the extreme minority. There's a "premades ruining normal WZs" thread every week, and everyone of them is about going against premades, but never playing with them and getting easy wins. This is why I don't take all of you who want solo Qs seriously.

criminalheretic
12.25.2012 , 07:58 PM | #1884
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I can assure you that people are, in fact getting, out. And a lot of them as far as I can tell from the amount of new faces I'm seeing in warzones. Because the more people leave the better, right?

Spoiler
If the people leaving are also the ones arguing for queue segregation; yes.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

DarthSabreth
12.25.2012 , 08:34 PM | #1885
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
If the people leaving are also the ones arguing for queue segregation; yes.
erm no just no, people are leaving due to excessive CC and due to premades. two of my co workers tried the F2P to see what it is like and they like to pvp. when they saw the PVP in this game as it is they basically said no way. to say it makes you want to pull your hair out of your head and kick in the wall is an understatement. it was somewhat fun pre 1.4 but after it its just plain silly. the premades are running 24/7 rolling pugs and getting gear 2 times as fast as the typical pugger. this stuff has to stop. but.....

when you suggest that to a premaider his typical responce is hostile... but why???? is it because it would ruin your ego to go up against a equal team? is it because you cant ROFL STOMP on lesser geared people? is it because if they stoped it there would be no one to carry you?
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

criminalheretic
12.25.2012 , 08:53 PM | #1886
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
erm no just no, people are leaving due to excessive CC and due to premades. two of my co workers tried the F2P to see what it is like and they like to pvp. when they saw the PVP in this game as it is they basically said no way. to say it makes you want to pull your hair out of your head and kick in the wall is an understatement. it was somewhat fun pre 1.4 but after it its just plain silly. the premades are running 24/7 rolling pugs and getting gear 2 times as fast as the typical pugger. this stuff has to stop. but.....

when you suggest that to a premaider his typical responce is hostile... but why???? is it because it would ruin your ego to go up against a equal team? is it because you cant ROFL STOMP on lesser geared people? is it because if they stoped it there would be no one to carry you?
I love that. In one paragraph you talk about premades rolling pugs, yet in the next you insult the skill level of those same players by suggesting they need to be carried...

Premades response is typically hostile because we DO play ranked. It takes coordination, scheduling, and is typically only available in a 2-3 hour window on a daily basis. So it is not a stretch of logic to assume that a 4+4 v 4+4 only queue, will have a wait time that is somewhere between regular and ranked. Either way it spells longer wait times for anyone that wants to play with their friends. Then when you consider that the only reason people are asking for that to begin with, is because they want to win more than they are, without actually getting better, particularly when the option to group is available to EVERYONE. Well that arouses contempt in the heart of anyone who is painted as a monster, just for being better than average at a player vs player game, and wants at least 3 of the remaining 7 people on his team, to also be better than average.

There are no "pro" PvPers in this game. None of us received training, or collects a paycheck for playing this game. This is the park. And when you roll up to the park, ball in hand, you don't complain to the park district if there is a group of 4 kids who are better than you, using the court.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

DarthSabreth
12.25.2012 , 09:02 PM | #1887
I love that. In one paragraph you talk about premades rolling pugs, yet in the next you insult the skill level of those same players by suggesting they need to be carried...

Premades response is typically hostile because we DO play ranked. It takes coordination, scheduling, and is typically only available in a 2-3 hour window on a daily basis. So it is not a stretch of logic to assume that a 4+4 v 4+4 only queue, will have a wait time that is somewhere between regular and ranked. Either way it spells longer wait times for anyone that wants to play with their friends. Then when you consider that the only reason people are asking for that to begin with, is because they want to win more than they are, without actually getting better, particularly when the option to group is available to EVERYONE. Well that arouses contempt in the heart of anyone who is painted as a monster, just for being better than average at a player vs player game, and wants at least 3 of the remaining 7 people on his team, to also be better than average.

There are no "pro" PvPers in this game. None of us received training, or collects a paycheck for playing this game. This is the park. And when you roll up to the park, ball in hand, you don't complain to the park district if there is a group of 4 kids who are better than you, using the court.
ROFL @ better than you using the court. what makes them better??? because they are rolling random / unballanced / undergeared teams? If there was a cross server que and a very short wait time for rated wz's i would be willing to bet that they would still be rolling pug groups. the fact is that pvp guilds are running premades 24 hours a day and gearing twice as fast as those whom are pugging. so rolling pugs requires skill because?
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Daminion
12.25.2012 , 09:23 PM | #1888
I agree with this post, pvp guilds are full of Puusays that just want to pick on the Recruit geared peeps, eather take away group ques for pvp and only allow group pvp for ranked or ill continue to leave ques as soon as i see a premade.

DariusCalera
12.26.2012 , 12:20 AM | #1889
Quote: Originally Posted by Daminion View Post
I agree with this post, pvp guilds are full of Puusays that just want to pick on the Recruit geared peeps, eather take away group ques for pvp and only allow group pvp for ranked or ill continue to leave ques as soon as i see a premade.
And what if a person does not belong in a PvP guild, but a PvE one and groups with friends for something to do until raid time?

There actually are people that do casual PvP with friends.

P-Chan
12.26.2012 , 12:37 AM | #1890

You know... Your ABSOLUTELY right... There ARE better players and worse players. However, to use your "park analogy", if you keep rubbing your wins into other peoples faces, then you will find only yourself to play with. You talk about long queues for Ranked. *** do you think is going to happen when all the "bads" you people complain of stop filling the queues and all your left with is the Pre-maders you would normally queue RWZs against... Then you get JUST as long of a wait time for PvP. Then you will B**** and Moan about No one queuing. When it will just be the peoples fault who refuse to want change. Most of the people I know I plain left the PvP in this game. I have myself. I got sick of having recruit gear and being farmed for kills. ****, on multiple occasions my group was being farmed at the spawn point. How in the HELL is that supposed to be fun? I don't care if I win or lose, as long as that loss came with a good game. But its getting harder and harder to get the Good Games Match ups. So people leave. Thats our only option, because if we suggest anything else, all we get is trolls. Like you. So like Ive said many times in this thread. Enjoy your Minimum 1-2 hour queue times. They are coming, and a lot sooner then you think.