Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

YaanaOhtar
12.24.2012 , 07:51 AM | #1841
Quote: Originally Posted by Giberelina View Post
Rebel_L: tl;dr.

Definitely what I'm thinking. That is why I said "Patch this thing or lose subscribers".

Well whatever, imo, you have to be a masochist if you enjoy that. Or a premade. (Though, I can't understand how they enjoy a match with zero difficulty).

I'm shaking my head too here. I don't have a problem admitting sometimes I suck, sometimes I win lots of medals. So? Yes, it's my first MMO and I'm a noob, still, I notice the difference between a fair defeat and not being able to drop alive from the spawn door in Voidstar (not kidding, the entire team just dying there, against 2 republic pvp guilds, also Sunday)
In fact I don't have a problem if I'm the last in the scoreboard, it's just these joke matches that ruin everything.
The word for premade who enjoy this is "sadist"

Knockerz
12.24.2012 , 09:37 AM | #1842
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
Very well said, most premaders will try to sell to people that pugs are just as chalanging as going up against other premades.... yet when its suggested that the que should be designed so that every premade is sent up against other premades only, they are all up in arms about it. guess there afraid of a challange.
Based on my experience with premades in wow, premades don't want to face other premades. Every premade I was in never wanted to face other premades. There are exceptions, but I think the vast majority don't want to face other premades. First, facing other premades means you will gain honor slower in wow. The same is true in swtor. Facing other premades means a slower rate of earning commendations since your force to face other organized groups instead of random assortment of pugs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Evanouss
12.24.2012 , 10:04 AM | #1843
^^^^^^^^^ and again ^^^^^. Exactly. Putting a group together gives you an advantage over pugs, that is the main reason ppl group together, yes occasionally you get a friends team up together but they are not usually as effective as a group of like minded decent to good players on vent coordinating attacks and battle strats. If you are in a premade, your goal is usually to pwn random pugs and gain easy comms. I'm not saying all premades do this but I'm sure most do. Theres nothing wrong with having a tactical advantage, but playing as the random pug it is certainly a miserable experience when facing premades. It needs to be adjusted.

Geglad
12.24.2012 , 11:20 AM | #1844
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
all i see is a bunch of bad players

all this thread has become (or ever was tbh) is a massive cry fest. if it such a bother to you, quit SWTOR and go play a game that *does* separate the premades from the pugs.

this is an MASSSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game. if grouping gets your knickers in a bunch, i suggest a new genre for your next video game purchase. perhaps a plain old RPG or a good ol' action shooter?
I enjoyed this post. Entertainment on the forums is nigh better than the game itself...in my opinion. I especially liked the MMO part; italics mine.

*laughing*
That is... is some funny stuff...MMO indeed...
*laughing*
Uno avulso non deficit alter.

Cody-licious
12.24.2012 , 11:50 AM | #1845
Quote: Originally Posted by Evanouss View Post
^^^^^^^^^ and again ^^^^^. Exactly. Putting a group together gives you an advantage over pugs, that is the main reason ppl group together, yes occasionally you get a friends team up together but they are not usually as effective as a group of like minded decent to good players on vent coordinating attacks and battle strats. If you are in a premade, your goal is usually to pwn random pugs and gain easy comms. I'm not saying all premades do this but I'm sure most do. Theres nothing wrong with having a tactical advantage, but playing as the random pug it is certainly a miserable experience when facing premades. It needs to be adjusted.
Isn't this what RANKED WARZONES are for?

Can't we just leave the Warzone 'quick-queue' for pugs and randoms and put the pre-mades where the are on a level playing field with other pre-mades?
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

stuffystuffs
12.24.2012 , 12:30 PM | #1846
I don't think premades themselves are bad.

It's more like, facing a premade with a sucky team (either due to bad players or a bad class comp).

I would guess that people who are complaining about them would be okay with premade groups if the match was somewhat kind of competitive...but typically you get the above situation and it's a stomp fest that's not fun at all.
Node guarder

Venomback
12.24.2012 , 01:41 PM | #1847
Your all a bunch of wannabe crybabies. If you were good at pvp'in, or part of a premade then you wouldn't complain. Don't whine because you suck or have no friends with which to do a premade with. If you are part of a premade and still think premades suck then your just plain retarded.

Premades with the assistance of voice comm makes this game and any other MMO fun. Who then hell in their right minds wants to play with lousy pvp'ers whether they are on the same team or not. Jesus you people are crazy trying to sell the developers on making a scrub only warzone queue.

What they need to add is the damn ability to queue an 8 man premade other than ranked so all the pugs can get *********** organized BEFORE they go into the damn warzones. Then EVERYONE will be a premade if they know *** they are doing. Then you won't have friends SUPERQUEUING to get all 8 guildies in the regular WZ.

Hey Bioware, BTW, fix world pvp, add some benefit to killing scrubs in the open world, make the warzones larger than 7 scrubs plus me, take away the modification restrictions so that people can use whatever mods they want in any piece of gear...its called being VERSATILE!, jesus Bioware copy some of the good **** from other MMOs and get a freaking clue!

Rilok_Singz
12.24.2012 , 02:07 PM | #1848
Quote: Originally Posted by Venomback View Post
Your all a bunch of wannabe crybabies. If you were good at pvp'in, or part of a premade then you wouldn't complain. Don't whine because you suck or have no friends with which to do a premade with. If you are part of a premade and still think premades suck then your just plain retarded.

Premades with the assistance of voice comm makes this game and any other MMO fun. Who then hell in their right minds wants to play with lousy pvp'ers whether they are on the same team or not. Jesus you people are crazy trying to sell the developers on making a scrub only warzone queue.

What they need to add is the damn ability to queue an 8 man premade other than ranked so all the pugs can get *********** organized BEFORE they go into the damn warzones. Then EVERYONE will be a premade if they know *** they are doing. Then you won't have friends SUPERQUEUING to get all 8 guildies in the regular WZ.

Hey Bioware, BTW, fix world pvp, add some benefit to killing scrubs in the open world, make the warzones larger than 7 scrubs plus me, take away the modification restrictions so that people can use whatever mods they want in any piece of gear...its called being VERSATILE!, jesus Bioware copy some of the good **** from other MMOs and get a freaking clue!
not sure why but this made me lol
S h a d o w R i l o k | G u a r d i a n R y y j i n
T h e B a s t i o n | P o t 5

ArchangelLBC
12.24.2012 , 02:09 PM | #1849
Quote: Originally Posted by Cody-licious View Post
Isn't this what RANKED WARZONES are for?

Can't we just leave the Warzone 'quick-queue' for pugs and randoms and put the pre-mades where the are on a level playing field with other pre-mades?
Except ranked warzones require an 8 man team. A group from 2 to 4 can queue for normal warzones, and composition is much less important.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

YaanaOhtar
12.24.2012 , 02:31 PM | #1850
Quote: Originally Posted by Venomback View Post

Most dumbest idea ever.