Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Druidregalia
12.13.2012 , 06:39 PM | #1791
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
You sir are an idiot.

But seeing that you are using Real World scenarios. Let's try this:

So Lebron James left Cleveland to join the Miami Heat, so he must be a bad player right? I mean he just got Finals MVP for winning the NBA 2011-2012 season right cause he got favourable calls right? (NOTE: I am a Bulls fan not a Heat fan).

But let's use SWTOR World Scenarios here:

A good player that is playing with PuG is like going to keeping PuGGing if his team is stupid not to try to win? Right? If that person is you, good for you! You must be so good you can beat anyone right?

So let's put this in light. In RWZ, what killed it wasnt to do with good killing bads, it was a mixture of server issues, latency and wierd **** going on in RWZ.

You also know why RWZ got killed, is because people abused it to get RWZ comms in the first place, they queue dodged those that were "too good" and tried to queue to face each other to get the max comms.

So ok, let's ask this question, those "good" players should be doing what?

- Pugging with bads? If they wont listen then those "good" players are going to have fun amirite?
- Reroll to the other side? If they want to but now you're forcing them. And they cant be fudged.
- Play another class? Same thing as Rerolling.
- Do nothing and unsub? Thats possible, but not good for Bioware no?
- Premading with friends while waiting for RWZ? I think this is the choice they would choose for MAX enjoyment.
so you're the lebron james of swtor? Cool story.

Anyways I pug all the time on my Sorc healer. I hit 560k healing last night with nothing but recruit gear and my WH mainhand. I was only guarded in about the first third of the match too. The rest of the match I was keeping our team at south alive, while we recaputured it. We barely won and I do believe I had a big impact on that match. People need to stop blaming their teammates and blaming their class or blaming the other team(how DARE they fight back) and work hard themselves to be the difference for their team.

If you're running to cap nodes and you're going alone, stop, wait(hide or stealth if you have it) and let a teammate or two catch up to you. That will help a great deal. If teammates are struggling to cap a node, get there as fast as possible and make whatever difference you can. Use your CC and make sure not to break that of your teammates. Focus fire enemy healers and intercept those who are focus firing your healers.

TLDR: PVP in this game is actually pretty easy. I hate to burst anyones bubble but it really is. Teamwork is always possible even as pugs and will make the differnece in securing that win(more wins means more valor more comms) Stop blaming bad teams and enemy premades. Start making the diffrerence yourself.

DarthRaika
12.13.2012 , 06:53 PM | #1792
Look Z I believe you don't see what I am trying to say

. I want more even matches that is all.

I also believe this will benefit casual and new players which will bring in more development money (which is more important than what I want and that is why I bring this up).

Premade matching would put randoms with randoms more often and premades with premades more often. More even matches.

I assume you agree that the skill softcap in this game is rather low. Now a great player can go far above that skill cap since it is a soft one however players that are only marginally better or worse in other games are about the same here. That is why there are many mediocre players that gear up and form premades and stomp pugs but refuse to q up for ranked.

I WOULD RATHER PREMADE 70% OF THE TIME (I believe to stay skilled you must pug at least around 30%).

I just want to make sure that I have challenging fights. I actually prefer to be pugstomped than to do the pugstomping. That is why I want premade matching and that is why I don't premade now unless its with random guildies that don't pvp much lol.

UGLYMRJ
12.13.2012 , 06:55 PM | #1793
Seriously.... this thread is still going?

Did you guys get tired of arguing east/west vs snow/grass?

NoTomorrow
12.13.2012 , 06:57 PM | #1794
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

Ugly why are you bumping it then?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Arlanon
12.13.2012 , 08:09 PM | #1795
So I met this Republic person who had an Imperial Sorcerer alt. We'd won 15 matches together, her healing, me guarding her.

After win 15, I invited her to group with me. We won 6 more in a row before going to bed (not together).

YES IT WAS A PREMADE PUG. FEEL FREE TO HEAD ASPLODE WHENEVER YOURE READY

Druidregalia
12.13.2012 , 08:12 PM | #1796
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
So I met this Republic person who had an Imperial Sorcerer alt. We'd won 15 matches together, her healing, me guarding her.

After win 15, I invited her to group with me. We won 6 more in a row before going to bed (not together).

YES IT WAS A PREMADE PUG. FEEL FREE TO HEAD ASPLODE WHENEVER YOURE READY
OMG you used TEAMWORK!!!! in an MMO, this clearly makes you an unskilled player.

Zhaker
12.13.2012 , 08:34 PM | #1797
@Druidregalia:

Thats what I'm trying to get at. But I'll add one extra thing, that frustrated people will want to group with other frustrated people to PREMADE, its not because that they lost, its because its HOW they lost. Who wants to play a WZ where 87.5% of people are doing random ****. Thats NOT fun.

PREMADE lessons this, you have it from 87.5% of random idiots to 50%, and even if its 50% premade could still lose because the other team full of PUG could win.

If people skilled up to do the basics of the WZ, not about individual skills of the class then the WZ would actually be more fun.

@DarthRaika:

Oh I understand this. But DO understand that ANYTHING that could make queue times longer for Regular WZ is not a good way to go about it. I mean anything longer than 10 minutes and I usually just call it. Because I hate waiting. Premade or PuG I experience long waits when Empire is on a Roll and Republic play stupid or vice versa.

Now I have the options to PUG or to Premade, and I usually PUG first than premade. Why? Because its faster to PuG than premade, no need to organize and set up players and wait for them to finish and yadda yadda yadda.

I premade when it gets to the point that us individuals that we go up against a constant Premade Republic or that Empire that we are with are stupid.

But of course Aralian ( or whatever that tool name is ) thinks I'm a scrub cause I support premades, but oh wait he premades too. Not only that he insults me for thinking premades are not last resort, to me they are. To others it might be for grouping with like minded people and also for friends and guildies.

EDIT:

I'll also admit something too. I sometimes **** up, I do stupid things and costed WZ and I always apologize and improve from that cause its stupid to do.

Now that said, I don't expect people to repeat the stupid **** and/or not improving ad nauseum, cause whats the point of playing, you cant just play because you want to. You all want to win right? There are other ways to do this than just trying to punish the premades.

Prettyevilish
12.13.2012 , 09:08 PM | #1798
I hate being put ON a premade team most of the time. These are the people that ***** at you for being in PVP recruit gear (like you should magically be able to get WH without ever PVPing) and shout 'omg, you suck so bad!' in chat over and over (and if you tell them to stop, they act like it's constructive criticism and say 'you need to admit you suck before you can get better').

I play with my guildies usually and half the time end up with a new guy who has NO PVP recruit gear (and will not go buy any, but I can't boot him because the guild masters frown on being mean to your less intelligent team members) and one or two who are in PVP recruit gear. That's fine. As long as everyone tries their best I can even forgive someone who doesn't have recruit gear, but to then get tossed onto a 4 man premade who berates you the whole time (without actually giving anything constructive like 'hey, don't use your CC breaker on that first bubble stun because they're going to throw another stun at you right after') just sucks the fun out of it.

Arlanon
12.13.2012 , 09:29 PM | #1799
does anyone actually read Zhaker's posts all the way through

i dont

AboB
12.13.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1800
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

God, I hope not. Those were my favorite PvP "discussions"