Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

DarthSabreth
12.12.2012 , 12:56 AM | #1761
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
I get a huge laugh at the people who act all stuck up and make fun of people that want a decent matching system. You people are so funny. Do you want new warzones? more gear? less lagspikes? world pvp?

If you answer yes then you want more money coming into the game and if you want more money coming into the game you want more players.

This system is bad for new 50s and for casual players. This is the majority of players in any thriving mmo (I say thriving because as subs get low enough and a game dies then it is more hardcore and this is what you people want lol!)

It is not a skill thing. I, for example, want to premade. In mmos with premade matching I make GREAT premades. I have been a pvp guild leader in a couple best server group pvp guilds in other games. I like premades. I hate pugstomping and I refuse to do it frequently (only when drinking lol). Sure I refuse to lead a guild anymore as I'm older and can't stand drama but I'd still like to premade.

What many people want, including myself, is more near even matches.

What I want isn't even important though. What is important is development money. If you want this then you must make a system that is not extremely punishing to casuals and noobs (you know the people that you once were).

I really believe if it wasn't for people like you then pvp in mmos would be nearly (well maybe not nearly but not as far off lol) as popular as fps games are. This would bring more competition, better class balance, more classes, more game choices, and much more pvp than us mmo pvp'rs currently have.

Think about this.
Very well said, A decent matchmaking system would be great.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

LenrocNewDawn
12.12.2012 , 01:34 AM | #1762
The lack vision and abstract thinking of some people that post in this thread is absolutely staggering. And when you think that experts say is one of the **** sapiens definitory traits. Monkey thinking like " I'm standing, so the earth must be flat" is abundant in this thread o\. Common guys, for crying out loud, learn to see the big picture.

I'm done with this thread, what needed to be said have been said.

Cheers and have fun in SWTOR.

Edited: LOL H*mo sapiens is a dirty word (I learn something new every day).
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

ArchangelLBC
12.12.2012 , 02:05 AM | #1763
Quote: Originally Posted by LenrocNewDawn View Post
The lack vision and abstract thinking of some people that post in this thread is absolutely staggering. And when you think that experts say is one of the **** sapiens definitory traits. Monkey thinking like " I'm standing, so the earth must be flat" is abundant in this thread o\. Common guys, for crying out loud, learn to see the big picture.

What?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Prabhunath
12.12.2012 , 03:04 AM | #1764

Another new thing you can learn today is that we are not monkeys (they have tails), we are descended from the ape family (no tails). Also, H*mo is latin for mankind but that issue has to do with Bioware and their regulators, not you.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

DarthSabreth
12.12.2012 , 04:13 PM | #1765

Wait what? because folks are tired of dealing with premades that makes us monkeys some how? Premades should be matched with other premades and the game needs a cross server pvp que. if you dont like this thread then stay out of it.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Veniras
12.12.2012 , 04:16 PM | #1766
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
Premades should be matched with other premades and the game needs a cross server pvp que. if you dont like this thread then stay out of it.
C'mon. Stop wishing for something the devs have stated isn't coming. It's a pipe dream.

MiaRB
12.12.2012 , 04:23 PM | #1767
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
C'mon. Stop wishing for something the devs have stated isn't coming. It's a pipe dream.
stop making stuff up. devs never said xserver is never coming, just that its on the back burner for a while.

would be a total waste of devs time to spend it creating xserver that will only actually be used by a small group of the overall player pop. especially since xserver will not fix the real problem with rateds. as long as wins/loses are counted and recorded along with a rating that is counted and recorded, xserver rateds will be the same as current rateds. a few teams on each server playing in rateds legit... the rest, ducking best teams and explointing the system by setting up phony matches.

BW should remove all ratings and ranking and just make it full 8 vs full 8 WZs with normal wz rewards. if they want top level esport like PVP then they have to do a tournament system that is run by GM's.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Veniras
12.12.2012 , 04:42 PM | #1768
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
stop making stuff up. devs never said xserver is never coming, just that its on the back burner for a while. .
I predict that you will not see X-server within a year. Most likely never.

Zhaker
12.12.2012 , 05:02 PM | #1769
I don't know why people are saying this game is catered for "Fresh 50's" and/or "Casuals".

- Does this qualify them to play stupid?

- Does this qualify them to screw around in a WZ and not asking how to play the WZ properly?

- Does this qualify them to just let them do whatever they want cause their "Casual" or "Fresh 50"?

Seriously if that is the case why bother making WZ with objectives or PvE with anything except beat each other up because MMO's are about pressing buttons and watching each other die and stuff.

DarthRaika
12.12.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1770
Zhaker if you read my post I say nothing like you just did.

The point is not to make it so that bad players can beat good players. Infact it is the opposite as many bad players currently enjoy optimizing their char and setting up a strict composition premade to beat on new 50s. These people also often avoid ranked.

My point is to make it so that casuals don't feel extremely puninshed and to make it so that good players can form premades and fight other premades. This also discourages the really bad premades as they will now have to fight premades and they won't be able to pugstomp much anymore. Bad casuals will still do poorly it is just they won't face premades with way more stats all the time.