Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cycao
12.06.2012 , 07:23 AM | #1601
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
No, what is sad is that people can't recognize that ppl queuing solo are at a severe disadvantage when paired against 4 or 8-man pre-made groups. And that, on certain server/faction combinations (Harbinger, Republic), you have virtually NO chance of ever seeing a pre-made on your side.

I accept that my gear needs to get better, and my skills. And no, contrary to your hyperbole, I do not expect BW to give me a one-shot and win button. Hell, even as a PvE'er only PvPing for a couple of weeks (valor 35!), I have lost *plenty* of matches where I thought the PuG I was in did a great job and we were just slighting outmatched, but were still competitive. But getting 3-capped and spawn capped by an 8-man pre-made...what exactly am I supposed to learn from that? Really, tell me. So far, the only lesson I've learned is that I either need to dedicate ALL of my swtor time to PvP so I can hope to get into one of the uber-leet PvP guilds, or I need to change factions, or I need to accept that I will lose 90% of the time even when I get gear.

Other than that, I agree that deserters should be shot on sight IRL. Or banished. Or some equally horrible punishment doled out for screwing the rest of the team over.
I highlighted what I feel is the most important thing you posted.

Technohic
12.06.2012 , 07:51 AM | #1602
I will go out on a limb with numbers pulled out of thin air (like I see on here so much) and say that 80% of the time, when I am in a PUG and they complain about the other team being a premade; it actually isn't even a premade. Team is just bad.

Nothing personal to those who I have been teamed with, but to expect to win when nobody wants to even type anything in chat, or regroup rather than run single file, one at a time; it just isn't going to happen.

chaosmadness
12.06.2012 , 07:57 AM | #1603
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
I guess it's good your opinion does not mean much too BW.
Really ? I have a different point of view...
I have a lot of games out there to play...I dont like the premades in normal warzones and if BW dont do nothing about this i go player another game, simple.

So, BW must listen players because only the players can keep Sw:tor up

TheBigBee
12.06.2012 , 09:01 AM | #1604
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
Its so hard get more 7 ppl to do Ranked in a MMO ?! jeez
ranked isnt a pug game
PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!

TheBigBee
12.06.2012 , 09:07 AM | #1605
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post
ranked isnt a pug game
thats like saying just grab 8 people and do EC nm mode....
PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!

NoFishing
12.06.2012 , 09:14 AM | #1606
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I highlighted what I feel is the most important thing you posted.
Why do you feel me being primarily a PvE'r doing PvP on the side is the most important part of my post? Is it so you feel justified in disregarding my opinion? You don't need 2000 hours of PvP time and valor 100 to see that pugs vs premades is, far more often than not, a terrible match.

Pvtcarnage
12.06.2012 , 09:21 AM | #1607
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
I love how premaders continue to justify an unfair system by blaming the victim. If you guys are really that good, why don't I see you in ranked? I only roll in premades because I know soloing is absolutely pointless. I'll be on the same weekly for a month. If I can't find a group I don't bother queuing because the experience won't even be remotely enjoyable. As a side effect, I find myself PvPing less and less as dedicated PvPers know better and leave this game and I have a harder time finding ppl to play with. Is this really how you want the trend to continue? The idiocy of these people is beyond me. I want everyone to have the opportunity to have fun. Not just the elite few. Sorry if that's a crime to the elitists.
Victims huh? that's funny. Premades put forth the effort to group up, and the "victim" chooses not to which means they choose to be victims. Of course I don't feel like a victim when I solo que. I can even have fun if I lose, Why do I still have fun? because I enjoy PvP and it's not something I do to just get a daily done.

But BW is taking care of gear gap and working on better match making, better start practicing what the new "Victim" will need to come here and moan about.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

cycao
12.06.2012 , 09:25 AM | #1608
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Why do you feel me being primarily a PvE'r doing PvP on the side is the most important part of my post? Is it so you feel justified in disregarding my opinion? You don't need 2000 hours of PvP time and valor 100 to see that pugs vs premades is, far more often than not, a terrible match.
Well you have minimal experience and gear so right there will put you at a disadvantage not just facing premades and getting 3 capped and blah blah blah. Yes those things happen I have been on the giving and receiving side of everything you listed. Sometimes its playing a premade or facing one either way it happens and I take it with a grain of salt either way.

Pvtcarnage
12.06.2012 , 09:30 AM | #1609
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
Its so hard get more 7 ppl to do Ranked in a MMO ?! jeez
I see, you want welfare help by making the people who play with some friends to go out and find more so we que else where and all for your enjoyment.

Gee now that I think about it feel so bad for having friends when others don't
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

TonyDragonflame
12.06.2012 , 10:07 AM | #1610
In fact, there are two kinds of premades - "casual" premades of 2-3-4 guild (or not) friends, very often without any voice communications - and "hardcore" 4-mans groups from pvp-guilds, with hi-end gear, correct team composition, who play ranked wz and have high rank.
I think, when "casual" premades faced "casual" pug, there is not a problem.
Problems begins, when "hardcore" premades faced casual pug, "casual" premade. or even "hardcore" pug.

So, "hardcore" premades must be not allowed to regular wz. If you have rank (= wanna competition), play ranked. If you have zero rank, play regular.