Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Pvtcarnage
12.05.2012 , 09:14 AM | #1571
Quote: Originally Posted by YaanaOhtar View Post
That is 1 side. Another side is newly 50 with recruit gear against premade. What lesson should they learn to win against premade ? Nothing. They dont have a single chance. Any pt with 2 recruit gears will lose against premade 4, and i dont want to start on 8. If you keep losing, or got killed in 20 sec touching the battle ground, would you able to learn anything beside farming better gear ? And losing only give them 50 medal at best. It would take weeks for them to get full BM and even that they will still lose against premade - in all my pvp i have never seen any premade 4-8 with anything less than WH. You said it's fairness ? Then explain to me why a pt of 8 WH+ aug premade want to roll on un ranked ? While they know for sure that 70% they will meet BM/recruit ? For more than 2 WZ ?
Any game that you don't start at launch you will behind, and anyone with a few brain cells will learn and improve, not all premades are created equal and then there will be the times they are grouped with premades.

Some of the crud throw out here really stinks of people that played pewee leagues the did not track score and everyone one is a winner. Such a sad state of affairs.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

YaanaOhtar
12.05.2012 , 09:42 AM | #1572
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
This is a terrible analogy. It would be more like if it were 2 pro-football teams and one was full or rookies while the other team is a veteran team, and then their would have to be some sort of "gear gap" to prove your point, but I cannot think of one for football here.

There is also another exaggeration of you not seeing that you will not be the rookies forever, and you will have some veterans on your team a good bit of the time with the better gear. And you also will be more likely than not to face another team that has both veterans and rookies just like you and every rookie can move a little close to being a veteran with better gear each time, even with a loss.

I took a sniper toon to its first 50 last Tuesday, and I have to tell you; you win some and you lose some but you get yours and it is not much unlike sub-50 TBH. Sometimes you get rolled. Sometimes you don't, but if you play objectives, outside of my very first match I have got at least 3 medals and after the first day, I would say most of the time I get to at least 8. I also ran into a premade in Huttball; which is the king of organized PvP and I got 8 even while we got smoked. You know what though? Been in sub-50 where a premade rolled through. Big deal. What I found funny was half way through the match, someone said "It's a premade. no sense sticking around." and quit. That was stupid seeing as you are already half way to getting your comms you would get.

Look people. It is not going to kill you to lose and you can still make progress while doing so here. Just hang in there and relax. If you are running into a premade a lot; I would finish the match that I am doing and do something else if I had something else I was working on for a while if it bothered me so much. The premade will be done doing their thing by then most the time, but I typically just keep queuing and doing what I can, getting what I can. Just remind yourself it is just a game and it doesn't matter if you win or lose; even if you don't get any medals, so long as you are learning a thing or 2 about what you are doing or even how the premade is doing things.
Nop; My comparison is correct, if you included teamspeak to order healing- protect healer - inc .

I put in the percentage to see the chance of winning and losing for the newbie. I've been in pvp and 60 to 70% time i met premade WH+aug.

Seeing you as a sniper; i would say Imp has it more easier than Rep - though this could be wrong -. I'm with BMs + Elite WH hand and off hand, i play as DPS with ability to guard do you know how much medal i got when facing premade ? 7 medals. If i'm guarding then i could get 10 medals. But that are classes with tank spec so they can earn defend point. I dont know how you can earn 8 medals with recruit gears damage against WH gears without guarding the object and when your team got creamed.

It's fine to do like that. joining 4 wz getting 60-70 coms each. But it kill the pvp. People will rolling it just to get the coms. And what about learning how to play your class in pvp when you killed in 20 sec touching the ground. It's a game. Of course, just like Olympic, all fun and peace. Until the U.S basket ball national team cream the whole Basket ball event, since then the U.S only let their university team to go for Olympic basket ball.

Point is, Why premade WH+aug want to fight against PUG ? with 70% they will meet under gear team ? ( Since i'm only in Rep i could only name Empire player in Progenitor server, Exo-dus and his groups, can't remember all the weird name in online game ). And these action discourage new player want to join in pvp. They will think like you:" Just joining for 4 game then quit ". The Wz is where player compete each others, when this become "no competition" there will be no competitors.

Vladnar
12.05.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1573
Pug for random pug wz's, it doesn't stop people pressing the queue button at exactly the same time and they may still end up in the same group but at least itd all be more entertaining than it is now..........either way win or lose id rather it was closer.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

YaanaOhtar
12.05.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1574
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Any game that you don't start at launch you will behind, and anyone with a few brain cells will learn and improve, not all premades are created equal and then there will be the times they are grouped with premades.

Some of the crud throw out here really stinks of people that played pewee leagues the did not track score and everyone one is a winner. Such a sad state of affairs.
So PUG are pewee leagues ? Then answer freaking why so pro premade 8 WH+aug like to roll on our pewee league ? Keep rolling in there days after days ? What does that make those guys ?

If you are so pro. Stick to your pro league. No want beg you to come to our pewee league.

Pvtcarnage
12.05.2012 , 10:09 AM | #1575
Nop; My comparison is correct, if you included teamspeak to order healing- protect healer - inc .

I put in the percentage to see the chance of winning and losing for the newbie. I've been in pvp and 60 to 70% time i met premade WH+aug.

Seeing you as a sniper; i would say Imp has it more easier than Rep - though this could be wrong -. I'm with BMs + Elite WH hand and off hand, i play as DPS with ability to guard do you know how much medal i got when facing premade ? 7 medals. If i'm guarding then i could get 10 medals. But that are classes with tank spec so they can earn defend point. I dont know how you can earn 8 medals with recruit gears damage against WH gears without guarding the object and when your team got creamed.

It's fine to do like that. joining 4 wz getting 60-70 coms each. But it kill the pvp. People will rolling it just to get the coms. And what about learning how to play your class in pvp when you killed in 20 sec touching the ground. It's a game. Of course, just like Olympic, all fun and peace. Until the U.S basket ball national team cream the whole Basket ball event, since then the U.S only let their university team to go for Olympic basket ball.

Point is, Why premade WH+aug want to fight against PUG ? with 70% they will meet under gear team ? ( Since i'm only in Rep i could only name Empire player in Progenitor server, Exo-dus and his groups, can't remember all the weird name in online game ). And these action discourage new player want to join in pvp. They will think like you:" Just joining for 4 game then quit ". The Wz is where player compete each others, when this become "no competition" there will be no competitors.
Stop making up numbers will you? you can't inspect enemy players and with the ability to swap gear guts it not that easy to tell what people have. All you can do is look at health. If your are constantly getting facerolled then maybe your server is not balanced with skilled players. I never run into the situations you mention enough for it to be a concern on my server.

And most premades are a group of friends playing together having fun and getting gear (not all premades are decked out) And I have yet to see premade folks coming here and claiming that they like easy-mode. You will have to wait for BW to implement it's match making. Premades are here to stay and if people are smart there will only be more.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Doomsdaycomes
12.05.2012 , 10:22 AM | #1576
*Sigh* Is this still going on?

Bioware's Q&A acknowledged a change to the PvP system and that change will be matchmaking. They have no current plans to split the queues.

Also, 1.6 is confirmed to be removing the gear gap between PvP tier 2 and PvP tier 3. Idk if we'll be given BM instead of recruit, but gear is no longer an issue.

Bioware's already taking care of the real issues behind this "problem" and notice none of them were "Premade's OP."

TheBigBee
12.05.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1577
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosmadness View Post
In my opinion, premades should play in a specifique warzone AKA Ranked warzones.
Normal warzones should be for solo queues...
With that changes PVP gets more fun. If we continue have premades in normal warzones PVP never gonna be balanced in this game.

Its the true.
You should probably educate yourself before having an opinion

Please explain how 3 friends can do an 8man ranked team
PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!

Arunas
12.05.2012 , 10:32 AM | #1578
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
And most premades are a group of friends playing together having fun and getting gear (not all premades are decked out) And I have yet to see premade folks coming here and claiming that they like easy-mode. You will have to wait for BW to implement it's match making. Premades are here to stay and if people are smart there will only be more.
This.
Several days ago we kept accidentally getting double pre-mades vs poorly geared rep pugs. Needless to say everyone logged into alts after few games because face-rolling is not fun unless you are really sad person. There was a bit of discussion about removing some pieces of gear in this situation to compensate but honestly people that are competitive do not want to nerf themselves to have fun but rather play at the max so this does not happen... Next patch should help with gear gap at least, but pugs will still mostly lose to organized groups with voice chat.

Technohic
12.05.2012 , 10:35 AM | #1579

You just pointed out why your analogy is even worse. Tell me how having team speak in game translates to the pros being able to talk to each other while the city league can't. Both can talk to each other so that is why it is a poor analogy.

And I am not full recruit. I have the 4 piece in BM from PvPing prior to 50. If you don't do that, then I don't know what to tell you. Using your analogy, as poor as it is; that would make you the guy that worked a desk job his entire life watching football then saying "Hey, I can do that." Then getting thrown into the NFL expecting to be a Pro Bowler.

TheBigBee
12.05.2012 , 10:42 AM | #1580
So here we go
1 group make up of a premade is random friends (since you think its always 4 man groups ill play this game)
a 4 dps
b 3 dps 1 tank
c 3 dps 1 healer
d 2 dps 2 tanks
e 2 dps 2 healer
f 2 dps 1 heal 1 tank
g 1 dps 2 healer 1tank
h 1 dps 1 heal 2 tanks
I 4 healer
j 3 healer 1 tank
k 2 healer 2 tanks
L 1 healer 3 tanks
m 4 tanks
2 Now anyone of these groups has a HUGE disadvantage when paired with 4 random pugs
examples (ill go with what you think is common)
a 2 healer (since u like to say cross healing) 1 dps 1 tank premade group now the pugs are 2 healer 1 dps and 1 tank .......thats 4 healer 2 tanks 2 dps pretty weak group what you really wanted from the pug was 1 tank 3 dps or even 4 dps

b 2 healer 2 dps premade pug group 3 tanks 1 healer......not a very good combo having 3 heal 3 tanks

I can go on and on about this but i think you get the point ... reg wzs are like a box of chocolate you never know what your gonna get

3 All premades are good.... this is so far from the truth....not really even gonna talk about it
4 All premades are geared....once again....you fail....Ill play along tho
a this now leaves 4 players that might all be in recruit gear (meaning half the team is easy pickings)
b since qs are random your team could be all full wh players or even half....teams are now even

5 mumble and vent ( yes this is an advantage but not that big ) you still have 4 people not on it so if you have to call inco well still got to type it....but yes going for CC caps it helps (until that guy not in mumble comes over and screws it up)

What you are really crying about!!!!!
group comp ( hate to tell you but I still cry when going into wz with a full premade and looking at the other 4 players that will be with me )

In short non ranked pvp or reg wz are not for competition its for fun if you are not having fun stop pvping or make a group..... it is alot more fun with a group of friends but you do not have to (its a choice)
Just gonna keep spamming this till I educate people

AND YES YOU HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF HAVING A PREMADE ON YOUR TEAM AS YOU DO PLAYING AGAINST ONE...If you make your own premade you have 100% chance of being in a premade...but not 100% chance of winning

PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!