Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cashogy
12.04.2012 , 09:45 PM | #1541
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
So then you'd rather them trickle down and do the same to the vast majority of the player base that run Normal queues? Yes, let's annoy the vast majority of the player base to appease a small to moderate portion of the remaining player base (People that run Premades in Norm Wzs), that will go over well for our game.

The problem here is our system, split queues can and do work, made blatantly apparent by one of the most successful games out now, WoW, while it may not be perfect and their PvP has entirely different problems, no one can argue their Cross Realm, Robust Matchmaking System, and Split queue system work great. This is what we need as well, all three.
we wont get cross server pvp. likely ever, b/c of the systems this game is built on

matchmaking that takes into account rating would be helpful, but bioware seems to have no intention of going that way

and again, like i said unless there is ample population in the premade bracket, you will see those people trickle into the solo bracket

and i did not say i *wanted* what i posted. i said that it is the inevitable outcome. i would much prefer a separate queue, and some good matchmaking, etc etc. but that is all up to bioware

LeonHawkeye
12.04.2012 , 10:09 PM | #1542
Agreed Cash. That's a sad excuse on their part and why the community needs to demand these three functions for PvP and no less. Anything less and we have a preposterously dysfunctional system that effectively repels players. Despite their excuses and lack of foresight they need to understand they have no choice if they want to keep a healthy population thriving for years to come. Whatever PvP resources they have left need to be funneled into this and proper class balancing.

VragonBral
12.04.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1543
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
Cross Realm, Robust Matchmaking System, and Split queue system
Bioware, MAKE IT! You know you want to. Since I would react like this:

**** AND TAKE MY MONEY!
Always remember the first rule of power tactics; power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
-Saul Alinsky

Stanimir
12.04.2012 , 11:38 PM | #1544
The only defense of TOR PvP at level 50 left is "lulz L2P n00b."

Other than that, its a disaster and fundamentally un-fun. I don't blame the premades, I blame the epic failure of ranked warzones. What are they supposed to do, other than troll new players and drive them away from the game? Bioware sewing the seeds of its own PvP's destruction.

HaLeX
12.05.2012 , 12:35 AM | #1545
Quote: Originally Posted by Stanimir View Post
The only defense of TOR PvP at level 50 left is "lulz L2P n00b."

Other than that, its a disaster and fundamentally un-fun. I don't blame the premades, I blame the epic failure of ranked warzones. What are they supposed to do, other than troll new players and drive them away from the game? Bioware sewing the seeds of its own PvP's destruction.
I agree with this.

Beakertanks
12.05.2012 , 12:52 AM | #1546
I haven't received a new piece of PvP gear in over 3 months. 3 MONTHS. And I still can get three buddies together and win more than I lose. YOU. PEOPLE. WHINE. TOO. MUCH. Seriously. I find this PvP thread disturbing. If this thread is an accurate reflection of the current state of affairs in western society then the doom of our time is at hand.

By the way if you don't like premades in Regular Warzones why don't you recommend they increase the awards for Rateds....Oh wait then you would just complain about how unfair it is that people who do rateds get gear so much quicker.

People hate to lose, but apparently they hate doing any self improvement to fix the problem even more.

Generally I find the people who whine about warzones don't know the difference between Tactics and Tacitus. Think a Hot Key is what you use to start the flame thingy on the stove so they can cook their Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And feel that somehow their win loss record in warzones with lightsabers actually provides an accurate reflection of their true self worth.
Kira Carson: "It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy went over to the Empire."
Me: "Yes. Yes they have."

P-Chan
12.05.2012 , 01:19 AM | #1547
Quote: Originally Posted by Beakertanks View Post
I haven't received a new piece of PvP gear in over 3 months. 3 MONTHS. And I still can get three buddies together and win more than I lose. YOU. PEOPLE. WHINE. TOO. MUCH. Seriously. I find this PvP thread disturbing. If this thread is an accurate reflection of the current state of affairs in western society then the doom of our time is at hand.

By the way if you don't like premades in Regular Warzones why don't you recommend they increase the awards for Rateds....Oh wait then you would just complain about how unfair it is that people who do rateds get gear so much quicker.

People hate to lose, but apparently they hate doing any self improvement to fix the problem even more.

Generally I find the people who whine about warzones don't know the difference between Tactics and Tacitus. Think a Hot Key is what you use to start the flame thingy on the stove so they can cook their Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And feel that somehow their win loss record in warzones with lightsabers actually provides an accurate reflection of their true self worth.
If you havent recieved any new gear in 3 months, then You are either A) fully geared or B) not really playing. This thread is legit in the fast that there IS something broken in the PvP system, and if you can't see this... well then I guess Ignorance really is bliss. if you are able to start the season out with everyone else, then its not so big a deal. The problem is you get people who hit 50 later in the game, or for other reasons are just coming back to the game, and get ran over by full groups in Elite War Hero armor. If you are in recruit gear its damned near impossible to kill someone in EWH gear. Plain and simple. And for you to come in here and attempt to lord over other players is disgusting. Plain and simple. It really shows the character of YOUR true self and your ACTUAL self worth by saying the stupid **** you did.

DarthSabreth
12.05.2012 , 03:01 AM | #1548
Quote: Originally Posted by Beakertanks View Post

If you said it take a longer period of time to get geared then i would be on board with you, but not received any that is a bit of a hyperbole.

But back on subject, the premades are dominating the wz's, we need cross server que's and a seperate que for premades and for solo que'rs
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Ycoga
12.05.2012 , 03:28 AM | #1549
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
But back on subject, the premades are dominating the wz's, we need cross server que's and a seperate que for premades and for solo que'rs
They don't ALWAYS dominate. The Crimson Moon on Progenitor tries to dominate under50 WZ's all the time using premades and seldom wins anyway.

But yes, I also think there should be seperate 'queue group' and 'queue solo' matching.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Didy_Kush
12.05.2012 , 03:39 AM | #1550
Premades ruining non ranked warzones? Hmm no if premades didn't queue for warzones there wouldn't be half as many pops as there are now. You just need to stop this "solo player" crap suck it up and group with people and form your own premade (shocker I know grouping with people in an mmo)

Now shut the **** up about premades already /yawn.