Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.04.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1531
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I just dont get it that with over 50.000 views, 150 pages and 1500 posts, this thread has to be the hottest topic on the PvP forums. Why doesn't Bioware acknowledge it at least with their usual ******** (we are aware of the issue blah.blah,blah.....working on a fix.....blah,blah,blah......no ETA blah,blah, blah)

They can't ignore this thread forever. They will have to open another one eventually, when it reaches even more pages.
the dont acknowledge because it is ridiculous.

as ive already explained in this thread multiple times, splitting the queue into solo and premade would eventually lead to "premades" in the solo queue. funneling down the queue takes about 10 minutes for the first warzone, and then people will be able to solo queue in groups.

this type of funneling is already do-able in current wzs. getting a full 8man premade into wzs is fun. granted, you run the risk of being on opposite teams which is always fun
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
12.04.2012 , 06:04 PM | #1532
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the dont acknowledge because it is ridiculous.

as ive already explained in this thread multiple times, splitting the queue into solo and premade would eventually lead to "premades" in the solo queue. funneling down the queue takes about 10 minutes for the first warzone, and then people will be able to solo queue in groups.

this type of funneling is already do-able in current wzs. getting a full 8man premade into wzs is fun. granted, you run the risk of being on opposite teams which is always fun
not if there was cross server ques, premades rolling pugs is just silly.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.04.2012 , 06:07 PM | #1533
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
not if there was cross server ques, premades rolling pugs is just silly.
cross server queues wouldnt prevent any of that
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

KiranK's Avatar


KiranK
12.04.2012 , 06:48 PM | #1534
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the dont acknowledge because it is ridiculous.

as ive already explained in this thread multiple times, splitting the queue into solo and premade would eventually lead to "premades" in the solo queue. funneling down the queue takes about 10 minutes for the first warzone, and then people will be able to solo queue in groups.

this type of funneling is already do-able in current wzs. getting a full 8man premade into wzs is fun. granted, you run the risk of being on opposite teams which is always fun
It's clearly not ridiculous. PvP queues are taking longer and longer and matches are riddled with leavers who see premades on the opposing team and simply leave. Matches often start off 4 v 8 or 8 v 4 because soloers don't want to face premade teams and waste their time. Some people leave the match half way through. You calling it ridiculous only shows your ridiculous bias.

No one said premade teams are bad, just that they need their own queue. Even if, as you say, premade teams start queuing up solo, there's no guarantee they'll get into the same WZ. There's a chance, but no guarantee. Given how unbalanced some servers are faction wise, there's no guarantee they'll even end up on the same team, since same faction warzones plague some servers. If more people queue up, then the chances of people queuing simultaneously ending up in the same WZ go down. With the chances of a balanced game occurring being higher, more people might want to queue. Ignoring the problem will only continue to damage PvP queue times. The fact that EABioware ignores this only shows their incompetence and their apathy towards PvP in general.
There's no QQing in baseball.

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
12.04.2012 , 06:51 PM | #1535
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
cross server queues wouldnt prevent any of that
by putting more people into the pvp que via cross server queing, there would be enough folks to que for solo ques, all those premades we run into all the time then will have more folks to do rateds by diverting them into the rated slot.

Any one who runs a premade would certainly agree that runing against other premades would be more rewarding, chalanging, and fun vrs rolling a pug..... unless of course they are not very skilled and cant win otherwise....
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Eldriq's Avatar


Eldriq
12.04.2012 , 07:10 PM | #1536
I love it when people bring up x server que. BW has said repeatedly that yes they want to do this but it is very far in the future so having that as part of your plan is saying you don't expect your plan to start for years in the future. Which is fine really.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

LeonHawkeye's Avatar


LeonHawkeye
12.04.2012 , 09:20 PM | #1537
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
It's clearly not ridiculous. PvP queues are taking longer and longer and matches are riddled with leavers who see premades on the opposing team and simply leave. Matches often start off 4 v 8 or 8 v 4 because soloers don't want to face premade teams and waste their time. Some people leave the match half way through. You calling it ridiculous only shows your ridiculous bias.

No one said premade teams are bad, just that they need their own queue. Even if, as you say, premade teams start queuing up solo, there's no guarantee they'll get into the same WZ. There's a chance, but no guarantee. Given how unbalanced some servers are faction wise, there's no guarantee they'll even end up on the same team, since same faction warzones plague some servers. If more people queue up, then the chances of people queuing simultaneously ending up in the same WZ go down. With the chances of a balanced game occurring being higher, more people might want to queue. Ignoring the problem will only continue to damage PvP queue times. The fact that EABioware ignores this only shows their incompetence and their apathy towards PvP in general.
This, well said. Bump for justice because Pug Vs Premade should not exist in any way, shape, or form. I consider myself a hardcore PvP fanatic, I once PvPed all day, every day when not working, eating, or sleeping. Slowly it dwindled down to only PvPing when my friends/Guild were on to avoid the horrible frustration that is Pug Vs Premade. Now I'm bordering on 0-2 Wz per day and they happen to be in the 10-49 Bracket.

I don't even bother with the level 50 queue, it's frustrating, dysfunctional and not worth the annoyance of having to constantly dance around other people's time schedules to avoid a horrible gaming experience (Pug Vs Premade). I don't consider myself anti-social, in fact I have close to 15+ active friends and am in one of the most active PvP guilds on our server yet still only manage to get into a Premade group 60-70% of the time due to: never overlapping schedules, logging on when groups are full, logging on when no one else is on or interested, people are running PvE content, or people have simply disappeared and quit due to the overwhelmingly poor experience in PvP. After a while of logging on and not being able to form a Premade group for any of the stated reasons, I stopped completely and moved on, playing an abundance of other games that don't have the archaic and unnecessary problems that SWTOR insists on harboring, all the while contemplating just letting my Sub expire. I know for a fact I am not the only one, several others on my friends list and guild are doing the same or long since left, even the ultimate, elite, hardcore PvPers that were running Ranked are beginning to quit because of the lack of content and abundance of problems with our current PvP system.

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
12.04.2012 , 09:30 PM | #1538
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
It's clearly not ridiculous. PvP queues are taking longer and longer and matches are riddled with leavers who see premades on the opposing team and simply leave. Matches often start off 4 v 8 or 8 v 4 because soloers don't want to face premade teams and waste their time. Some people leave the match half way through. You calling it ridiculous only shows your ridiculous bias.
I've actually seen more people leave because of who was on their team more than who was on the opposing team.

They notice that a good portion of their team is in either PvE or full recruit PvP gear and they bounce. If they do stick around and it's a slaughter then they leave half way through as well. The other team won't even need a single premade in it.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.04.2012 , 09:35 PM | #1539
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
by putting more people into the pvp que via cross server queing, there would be enough folks to que for solo ques, all those premades we run into all the time then will have more folks to do rateds by diverting them into the rated slot.

Any one who runs a premade would certainly agree that runing against other premades would be more rewarding, chalanging, and fun vrs rolling a pug..... unless of course they are not very skilled and cant win otherwise....
except you will have the exact same situation with rateds that we had before. the top 3-5 teams will eventually cause everyone else to stop doing them because people get butthurt and dont want to play against those good teams.

just like with what happened with the release of rateds, you will see a positive change for a month or two, and then dominant teams will establish themselves, and everyone else will go back to the non-ranked brackets.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

LeonHawkeye's Avatar


LeonHawkeye
12.04.2012 , 09:41 PM | #1540
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
except you will have the exact same situation with rateds that we had before. the top 3-5 teams will eventually cause everyone else to stop doing them because people get butthurt and dont want to play against those good teams.

just like with what happened with the release of rateds, you will see a positive change for a month or two, and then dominant teams will establish themselves, and everyone else will go back to the non-ranked brackets.
So then you'd rather them trickle down and do the same to the vast majority of the player base that run Normal queues? Yes, let's annoy the vast majority of the player base to appease a small to moderate portion of the remaining player base (People that run Premades in Norm Wzs), that will go over well for our game.

The problem here is our system, split queues can and do work, made blatantly apparent by one of the most successful games out now, WoW, while it may not be perfect and their PvP has entirely different problems, no one can argue their Cross Realm, Robust Matchmaking System, and Split queue system work great. This is what we need as well, all three.