Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
12.04.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1521
Quote: Originally Posted by Ionna View Post
actually the ques have slowed....you just dont see it during normal play times yet. The ques start off popping 24/7 every 5 mins or so....then pop drops a bit and the ques pop a bit more slowly starting in the off hours (3 am server to 9 am round abouts) ...... then the off hours slot starts popping very rarely ( like it is now) every 30 mins to an hr or so.....then the ques dont pop at all during this timeslot and the que time jumps up a bit during normal playing hours (ie 15 mins or so per pop) then more and more....til they do a server combining and the whole process restarts. I guess the f2p did almost the same thing pop wise and maybe yet again theyll do it with a cross server que.....not sure where theyll go from there tho. They can only cover diminishing subs for so long (tho note if you unsub now, you get moved to a f2p sub and will prob be counted as an active sub whether you play or not).
All I can say is I play at different times and never have a problem, nor am I worried.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
12.04.2012 , 08:50 AM | #1522
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
I don't care. If a pug is getting 'rolled by a premade and the fun-factor is in the negative numbers, I see no reason to stay.
Then maybe PvP is not really your thing, There is always a chance and if not coordinate to focus just one down
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
12.04.2012 , 09:03 AM | #1523
So; last night I got in a couple of matches against a premade. One Hutball where it was almost comical as my team tried fighting the last person who scored in the pit repeatedly. Some even nice enough to do so while standing up in the endzone area for the leap. Others up top got leaped to, then pushed to the goalline then leaped to again. It was awesome in that some of it had to do with the other team; but a lot had to do with my team. I even got pushed to the goal once myself and leaped to as I ran across the fire trap on the right closest to mid.

It was a good lesson learned.

Then; I got a match where I saw 4 people with the same guild tag on my team in NC. I was thinking after the Hutt Ball match "Sweet! Time to be on the giving end." LMAO It wasn't even close. WE LOST BAD! In fact, I would say it was about as unorganized of any PUG I have ever been in.

Either way, I still came out with plenty of medals and comms. I really don't see what the big deal is. I would say, I walked away a little smarter and more efficient.

TheBigBee's Avatar


TheBigBee
12.04.2012 , 09:11 AM | #1524
OMG OMG SAME SOLO Q GROUP OWNING US IN NON RANKED WZS BECAUSE THEY ALL Q AT THE SAME TIME... BIOWARE PLEASE DONT LET GOOD PLAYERS BE ON THE SAME TEAM.


Now you say to me "well if you think your so good then solo q" (me) Because you are a backpedaling keyboard turning noob and Id rather pick a spot for a good play instead of your worthlessness.......AND BECAUSE I HAVE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


NOONE SAID YOU CANT SOLO Q STOP SAYING YOU CANT GROUP...................SPLITTING QS HURTS Q TIMES FOR EVERYONE
PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!

TheBigBee's Avatar


TheBigBee
12.04.2012 , 09:14 AM | #1525
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
So; last night I got in a couple of matches against a premade. One Hutball where it was almost comical as my team tried fighting the last person who scored in the pit repeatedly. Some even nice enough to do so while standing up in the endzone area for the leap. Others up top got leaped to, then pushed to the goalline then leaped to again. It was awesome in that some of it had to do with the other team; but a lot had to do with my team. I even got pushed to the goal once myself and leaped to as I ran across the fire trap on the right closest to mid.

It was a good lesson learned.

Then; I got a match where I saw 4 people with the same guild tag on my team in NC. I was thinking after the Hutt Ball match "Sweet! Time to be on the giving end." LMAO It wasn't even close. WE LOST BAD! In fact, I would say it was about as unorganized of any PUG I have ever been in.

Either way, I still came out with plenty of medals and comms. I really don't see what the big deal is. I would say, I walked away a little smarter and more efficient.
You Sir get it...........Let me shake your hand
PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
12.04.2012 , 09:58 AM | #1526
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
I don't care. If a pug is getting 'rolled by a premade and the fun-factor is in the negative numbers, I see no reason to stay.
^ this.
When I am solo in pug and see high ranked guild premade, I leave because its just wasting time and not fun. I play only for win and play for loosing its just not fun.

There is one and really only one solution of problem in this thread - /leave.

And if you are solo and faced premades- /leave.
And if you are solo and faced premades every time - /unsub.

Hope, BW will be glad with money of that hardcore premaders, but seems BW dont care about solo casual players. Well, there are plenty other good games.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 90 | Focus vr 90 | Assault vr 87 | Infiltration v 80 | Sharpshooter v 71
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
12.04.2012 , 10:09 AM | #1527
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
No, it isn't.

Because then you'll never beat them = not a solution.

Giving up before a fight even starts ensures you'll never win.

Even if you're pretty sure you're going to lose that warzone, you can try something and see if it works if only for practice, or try and take out one of their players. If you're getting beaten badly it's over quick and you can requeue. The only lasting damage is to your ego and that's all down to you. Longer term, do something to improve your chances individually or as a group.

Very poor attitude.
I second that, even in a match gone completely awry, where our team cannot hold a single node, I usually get at least 5 or 6 medals. (50k dmg, 2,5k hit, 5k hit, 2,5k heal, 10 kills, defended an objective etc, delivering a killing blow).

The only map where I might not get any medals is Hutball, if the enemy premade team has chainpulling sorcs, force speeding, invincible tankasins and leaping juggs. It has happened before that they scored 6 goals in less then a minute.

So, most of the time you actually get stuff out of staying in a losing warzone. And to be honest, I run into premades while solo queuing with such an alarming frequency that if I left every match with a premade on the opposing side, I might as well just stop PvP'ing entirely.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

FatEdd's Avatar


FatEdd
12.04.2012 , 10:17 AM | #1528
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
So; last night I got in a couple of matches against a premade. One Hutball where it was almost comical as my team tried fighting the last person who scored in the pit repeatedly. Some even nice enough to do so while standing up in the endzone area for the leap. Others up top got leaped to, then pushed to the goalline then leaped to again. It was awesome in that some of it had to do with the other team; but a lot had to do with my team. I even got pushed to the goal once myself and leaped to as I ran across the fire trap on the right closest to mid.

It was a good lesson learned.

Then; I got a match where I saw 4 people with the same guild tag on my team in NC. I was thinking after the Hutt Ball match "Sweet! Time to be on the giving end." LMAO It wasn't even close. WE LOST BAD! In fact, I would say it was about as unorganized of any PUG I have ever been in.

Either way, I still came out with plenty of medals and comms. I really don't see what the big deal is. I would say, I walked away a little smarter and more efficient.
The problem is with the good premades as well, is they are pretty arrogant and forget there are another 4 players in the group. So yes, from time to time you will see those good premade groups fail, due to there superiority disorder by forgetting there are another 4 people in that group. Some of those high end premade groups if and when they lose will always blame the other 4 not in a premade group for a loss, but ultimately the buck lays with the high end premade group to work as a unit of 8, not a unit of 4 expecting to always get the win. They wont admit it, but I know for a fact if they lose, the blame is never on them, the blame will always be put on the other 4 people in the group who have tried there best to communicate and organize things.

Now when you see these people who premade a lot, but not in a premade group, so on there own or two of them, then you get to see just how good they really are, and in my experience, funny enough a lot of them when isolated are quite frankly abysmal at pvp. Again they wont admit it, because they have a superiority disorder, but it sure is nice to crush them when they are isolated and without the numerous heals and full on group .

Now finally, if the "premade" group respected everyone in the group, no matter what armor or level the other 4 are at, and if they had communication skills, then they would win 100% of the time. Luckily, the good "premade" groups lack those communication skills, therefore leading to them losing on occasion, when on paper they should have won.

FatEdd's Avatar


FatEdd
12.04.2012 , 10:28 AM | #1529
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
^ this.
When I am solo in pug and see high ranked guild premade, I leave because its just wasting time and not fun. I play only for win and play for loosing its just not fun.

There is one and really only one solution of problem in this thread - /leave.

And if you are solo and faced premades- /leave.
And if you are solo and faced premades every time - /unsub.

Hope, BW will be glad with money of that hardcore premaders, but seems BW dont care about solo casual players. Well, there are plenty other good games.
Not all the time, I have been in mish mash groups that have been dominant against pretty much any premade I have come up against. So it does happen, and it does help if you have an Ops Leader who has communication skills, as this ultimately is where a win for a mish mash group will come from, if against a well drilled premade.

It would be nice if they had an in game communications server, that everyone can get into. This would then possibly lead to many of these premades being put to bed in the long run as communication is to me the key to any win, whether against premade or a mish mash group.

Ionna's Avatar


Ionna
12.04.2012 , 02:55 PM | #1530
Quote: Originally Posted by FatEdd View Post
Not all the time, I have been in mish mash groups that have been dominant against pretty much any premade I have come up against. So it does happen, and it does help if you have an Ops Leader who has communication skills, as this ultimately is where a win for a mish mash group will come from, if against a well drilled premade.

It would be nice if they had an in game communications server, that everyone can get into. This would then possibly lead to many of these premades being put to bed in the long run as communication is to me the key to any win, whether against premade or a mish mash group.
I guess comms is useful, but most comms can be done over reg chat just announcing stuff inc and numbers etc.... the biggest thing premades have over solo que ppl is group composition. 2 or 3 heals and rest dps/tank vs a pug grp that has maybe 1 healer in a blue moon. Of course gear, comms, etc make a diff...just feel the grp make up is the most impt and least contrtollable by the the solo que ppl (how many times have you qued solo and watched a tank call for a healer to protect....and no one answers).