Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

ArchangelLBC
12.02.2012 , 11:30 PM | #1471
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
It doesn't work like that. Its not "log on and form your own group".

First, for many people, making a group takes time. That is time we don't always have. It can take upwards of an hour or two to from a competent group of people to queue up. This is taking time away from what most of us want to be doing: playing the game.

Even if marginally better, premades offer so much in terms of organization they more than make up for any issues they have. Generally speakin, premades that even run a sliver of communication will have a tremendous advantage in a system DESIGNED to allow puggers to pick up and play.

If the PvP system was specifically designed with a group in mind, then puggers wouldn't have much of an excuse as they wouldn't even be allowed to play. You know as well as I do that pugs keep the system alive. Without them it dies a quick death.

Premades of 4 or more need to go to their own queue, end of story. It got so bad in WoW they had to do the same thing. It got completely out of control.
First, why does it take an hour or two to form a group? You don't have to have the absolute best players. Ask in guild chat when you log on. If your guild has any sort of subgroup that PVPs on a regular basis, you should find someone to play with quickly. You can still solo queue if no one says yes.

And you've already proven my point about it actually. A little organization and playing with players you trust goes a long way.

I say lets see how this matchmaking thing works out.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy
12.02.2012 , 11:44 PM | #1472
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I say lets see how this matchmaking thing works out.
the best way for matchmaking for there to be a solo ranked queue. youd need a solo rating and a separate group rating. matchmaking would lump similarly solo-rated players together in the solo queue, while regular ranked would function as it currently does.

bioware is likely going to come up with some bs system centered around Valor rank, or average gear rating. which have nothing to do with in game skill, and only have to do with the amount of time invested into the game.

so you will still have throngs of people coming to the forums and whining that theyre are getting matched against opponents that are too hard.

P-Chan
12.03.2012 , 12:53 AM | #1473
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I really wish you'd read most of the thread, because everything I'm about to say has been said atleast a dozen times. I numbered your paragraphs so I can respond more easily.

1. If you've made friends and/or joined a guild, forming the average premade is less than a few minutes process. Type "Spot for PvP?" You either get an invite, or someone says "I'm solo atm." Follow up with /invite, and snag people as you go. I don't believe anyone is saying "Never solo queue again" ... if you only got a match or two of time, then it's not that big a deal. If you are on for an hour or more... group up.

2. I don't know if this was refering to organization as in team composition or just more organized fighting. If it's the former, it's still luck of the draw, just a little better. A team with a healer and a tank could just as easily be grouped with 3 other healers or 3 more tanks as it could 4 dps. If it's the second... more organized fighting is based on a willingness of each player to communicate and/or follow instructions... which just means the premaders are better players. Why is that a crime?

3. If the PvP was designed with "solo-centric" (ie, not forming a group, relying on randoms or thinking your own skill will carry your team) They'd just have 1 vs 1 warzones. PuG warzone teams are like a PuG'ed Flashpoint/Warzone... they -can- get the job done, they're just alot less likely than a premade, =P simply cause most "good" players see the logic in making your own team and gravitate towards it.

4. You will not get split queue's more than likely, atleast not in the next few updates. Bioware confirmed in it's Q&A (link can be found in this thread if you look). Instead they are aiming for a comprehensive match making system that will balance the teams on some criteria, while remaining flexible enough to get as many matches as possible in a decent amount of time.
[/QUOTE] ...which just means the premaders are better players. Why is that a crime? [/QUOTE]

Where is the "Most" in this statement? Your "Most" comment isn't even referring to the players that group up, its to whether the "good" players see logic or not... Try Again?

Doomsdaycomes
12.03.2012 , 02:01 AM | #1474
Quote: Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post

Where is the "Most" in this statement? Your "Most" comment isn't even referring to the players that group up, its to whether the "good" players see logic or not... Try Again?
See the logic in grouping up?

<.< have you been up 48 hours again? That statement clearly says most "good" players see the logic in picking their team.

Unless you're refering to the comment about premades beating pugs via coordination... which isn't coordination a skill, and a sign of a good player?

DaltarSpitfire
12.03.2012 , 02:36 AM | #1475
I've read most of this thread..and I believe its time to bounce some things off the masses.

now first off
Arsenal Merc (not a pvp favorite atm. however its my personal favorite and the toon from which this post is based.)
i've been playing close to 10 months now. by the second month i was lvl 50 and had a valor rank of 50. I play at least 2-3 hours a day, at least 5 days a week. i have the time. i run at least 6 warzones per day.. most days many more.
its been 8 months since i hit 50. i'm still 2 peices short of fully augmented warhero. i solo que. and only a hand full of times have i been able to group que. as a solo que Imperial on Jedi Cov...and what used to be Canderous Ordo.
i avg 8 medals per warzone. i've got 12,900 some odd kills currently, and a total of 315 wins since i started pvping. mind you over 100 of those are from 10-49 bracket. my valor rank is 79. when i que for a day...i might win one out of every six to ten matches. even with 8 or more medals I don't make alot of comms. i spend roughly 1500 warzone per week on WZMed-packs. my avg dps is 350-400, my avg damage is 300k. and i normally have 7.5k defender.
i'm more defence than offence. i know each map, i've read every thread i can on pvp, i've done everything i can to better myself. i use Grenades. and stims. i normally die around 8 times per WZ.

anyhow...sorry for the ramble of stats and junk...my point was thanks to Pre-mades on my server.. its taken me over 8 months to get warhero gear. is this what Bio-ware wanted? damn near impossible to get pvp gear? i don't really understand how the newbs are supposed to get gear...i understand why alot quit...it takes so long its gonna take me at least another 4 weeks to finish getting my war hero at this rate. this is not fun. its painful. anyhow thats just my thoughts on why Pre-mades are killing Random Warzones.
Through Fire, Wind and Rain, I've Stood my Ground, For Ages Untold I Stood Alone, Ere The Sun Shone, When This World Was Dark and Cold, I Stood Alone, The Earth Turns, The Wind Fades, And Rain Falls, Yet Still I Stand Alone. I am Spitfire Falcon, Last of My Clan, Dark Lord of Naritus.

Veniras
12.03.2012 , 07:32 AM | #1476
People keep deluding themselves:

THE DEVS STATED THAT THERE WILL BE NO SPLIT QUEUE

Please stop the wishful thinking and deal with reality.

enteri
12.03.2012 , 07:45 AM | #1477
Quote: Originally Posted by DaltarSpitfire View Post
I've read most of this thread..and I believe its time to bounce some things off the masses.

now first off
Arsenal Merc (not a pvp favorite atm. however its my personal favorite and the toon from which this post is based.)
i've been playing close to 10 months now. by the second month i was lvl 50 and had a valor rank of 50. I play at least 2-3 hours a day, at least 5 days a week. i have the time. i run at least 6 warzones per day.. most days many more.
its been 8 months since i hit 50. i'm still 2 peices short of fully augmented warhero. i solo que. and only a hand full of times have i been able to group que. as a solo que Imperial on Jedi Cov...and what used to be Canderous Ordo.
i avg 8 medals per warzone. i've got 12,900 some odd kills currently, and a total of 315 wins since i started pvping. mind you over 100 of those are from 10-49 bracket. my valor rank is 79. when i que for a day...i might win one out of every six to ten matches. even with 8 or more medals I don't make alot of comms. i spend roughly 1500 warzone per week on WZMed-packs. my avg dps is 350-400, my avg damage is 300k. and i normally have 7.5k defender.
i'm more defence than offence. i know each map, i've read every thread i can on pvp, i've done everything i can to better myself. i use Grenades. and stims. i normally die around 8 times per WZ.

anyhow...sorry for the ramble of stats and junk...my point was thanks to Pre-mades on my server.. its taken me over 8 months to get warhero gear. is this what Bio-ware wanted? damn near impossible to get pvp gear? i don't really understand how the newbs are supposed to get gear...i understand why alot quit...it takes so long its gonna take me at least another 4 weeks to finish getting my war hero at this rate. this is not fun. its painful. anyhow thats just my thoughts on why Pre-mades are killing Random Warzones.
How did you get 100 wins before 50s bracket if you broke 50 8 months ago, before pre season 1? You were counting them personally?
By doing dailies and weeklies you can get about 2000 rwz comms a week (7x 100 + 300 + (1000/3) = 1333 + about 300 a day that you get from wzs is 700 rwz comms a week. It's not lightning speed, but fast enough for people to get 1 piece a week. And in 1.6 it will be much faster with WH.
Also why do you collect WH gear if you don't do competitive PVP with others? If you do PVP just for fun I think that you forgot that purpose.

Digimanbyte_ID
12.03.2012 , 08:55 AM | #1478
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
See the logic in grouping up?

<.< have you been up 48 hours again? That statement clearly says most "good" players see the logic in picking their team.

Unless you're refering to the comment about premades beating pugs via coordination... which isn't coordination a skill, and a sign of a good player?
If they made an ingame voice system instead of relying on third party software I would say yes. But when it comes to forming a premade and using a third party chat system for organization. Then no. There is none.

There is nothing fair about a pug being smashed against a premade or hell even a match where the other side is clearly outgearing the other.

Its why premades should be stuck with other premades. Then comeback and tell me about your skill in that match.

See a military get taken out by an unorganized group of morons even if they have the same set military grade hardware?

You entire argument is based around you having the time to make friends and be on the same game time to have fun with them. Come to master darnalla and see how far that logic will get you or any APAC server.

Digimanbyte_ID
12.03.2012 , 08:58 AM | #1479
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
People keep deluding themselves:

THE DEVS STATED THAT THERE WILL BE NO SPLIT QUEUE

Please stop the wishful thinking and deal with reality.
That doesn't mean it won't change, when the subs start dropping out and the income dwindles they will be forced to adapt their matchmaking system to suit their customers. Just because they said it doesn't mean they will be forced change it. Never make that assumption with something as fickle as PvP queuing.

prodigyqnz
12.03.2012 , 09:27 AM | #1480
Quote: Originally Posted by Digimanbyte_ID View Post
That doesn't mean it won't change, when the subs start dropping out and the income dwindles they will be forced to adapt their matchmaking system to suit their customers. Just because they said it doesn't mean they will be forced change it. Never make that assumption with something as fickle as PvP queuing.
Something as fickle as PVP queueing? You are making the same wrong assumption the the dev's made in the beginning. That PVP isn't a big deal and that it doesn't matter to most players. Well Guess what you beyond wrong.. The day they make this game so that you can no longer group with your friends/guildmates to play PVP or any other activity for that matter is the day everyone will pack it up and Unsub. And not just unsub they will stop playing. The metric trackers they have will plummet beyond acceptable losses. They will undo it.. send out mass apology emails and free service time with the roll back. Basically it wont happen.

I don't even know how this post is still going.. If you don't want to play with other people via joining a guild or making friends, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING AN MMO? There are millions of XBOX/Playstation games that can give you the same experience you are looking for without forcing you to be social.. This game is not for you anti-socials, So quit trying to ruin in for everyone else.
If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are.. a different game you should play... --Yoda
Prophecy | Pröphet | Profit | Professìonal etc... 20x55's and bored...
(used to be)The Fatman