Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

P-Chan
12.01.2012 , 01:29 AM | #1431
Ok, as someone who doesn't like the idea of premades being able to queue up against solo, I will say that Matchmaking DOES make about the most sense to fix this problem. As many have stated, if you break up the premades from queuing altogether there is nothing stopping those players from queuing solo just to grief on their own. However, instituting a system where you are grouped with and against people with similar gear is more then likely going to result in you getting queued with people of similar skill as well. At the very least it will give the players who keep getting labled as "baddies" (whether because they actually are bad or just have to learn) a softer curve in the learning process. Thus making WZs less fusterating, and ensuring a likely more enjoyable experience. This in turn will help them improve (as they will face greater and greater opponents as their gear increases) and will likely keep them returning for more. Just a thought...

CommanderKeeva
12.01.2012 , 05:51 AM | #1432
Quote: Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
ok, Ive been up for 48 hours now, so please (and I mean this, not being sarcastic) forgive me if I misread this. But how is making WH gear harder to obtain NOW going to decrease the Gear Gap? The people who have the gear will continue to have the gear, and those that dont will have an even harder time catching up. This is one of the things that are discouraging players from PvP as it is. Again, if I misunderstood what you were saying, I am truly sorry, and please correct me, but that is how I read it and my sleep deprived mind just frizzed.
WH is actually a lot easier to obtain now that it doesn't need rated comms. I guess you misread it.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Doomsdaycomes
12.01.2012 , 08:40 AM | #1433
Alright, it's a little bad but...

=P Called it!

Live Stream Q&A.

Namely this part here.

Quote: Originally Posted by Livestream
Q: Any plans to have separate Warzones for non-elite level 50 players?

Hickman: I don't think so.

Schubert: Not a true separation, but we hope to improve the match making system in the future. We also want to improve the bootstrap gear a new max level players receives so skill becomes more important than gear. Right now, gear is very important in PvP.
I still think we need Cross server queue's, but elimination of gear gap and proper matchmaking is the best step!

Okay, I'm done being bad for now.

Veniras
12.01.2012 , 08:57 AM | #1434
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Schubert: Not a true separation, but we hope to improve the match making system in the future. .
Thank you Schubert for the vague answer. I hope to stay subscribed in the future but i must admit, my hope is dwindling.

Premades vs PUGS is simply an unacceptable abomination IMO.

So to sum up: No seperation of queues, nor cross-server is coming. Deal with it in your own way.

CommanderKeeva
12.01.2012 , 11:19 AM | #1435
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Alright, it's a little bad but...

=P Called it!

Live Stream Q&A.

Namely this part here.

I still think we need Cross server queue's, but elimination of gear gap and proper matchmaking is the best step!

Okay, I'm done being bad for now.
In the future far, far away.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

DarthRaika
12.01.2012 , 11:45 AM | #1436
Ya I'm glad they are saying it will be through matchmaking and making gear matter less. Split q systems are actually the easiest to game. What you do is you get a whole bunch of your friends in vent and get them to q at the same time. Some will get in a different wz and if it is a training scenario then maybe some even on the other team but you can often get even more than 4 people on a team this way in previous games.

With a good matchmaking system if there are multiple premades q'n up within 5-10mins of eachother then they will be on different teams most of the time instead of in different wzs.

HuaRya
12.01.2012 , 12:33 PM | #1437
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Ya I'm glad they are saying it will be through matchmaking and making gear matter less.
So what would be the point of playing if you didn't have better gear to work toward?

MiaRB
12.01.2012 , 12:46 PM | #1438
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
So what would be the point of playing if you didn't have better gear to work toward?
the point of playing PVP is because its fun and you like PVP. if you dont like pvp, then you dont even need the gear to begin with. but, you will have better gear to work towards. only the gap between dif levels of gear will be much less.
can't wait for this game to come out!

fungihoujo
12.01.2012 , 01:05 PM | #1439
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Fun?

You realize League of Legends, DOTA, CoD, Battlefield, etc.... all have millions and millions of players without gear grinds- because people find the games fun and the pvp balanced.

Real pvpers will stay for fun pvp- it's the people who get full gear then quit that aren't going to stay regardless.

Doomsdaycomes
12.01.2012 , 02:22 PM | #1440
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
Thank you Schubert for the vague answer. I hope to stay subscribed in the future but i must admit, my hope is dwindling.

Premades vs PUGS is simply an unacceptable abomination IMO.

So to sum up: No seperation of queues, nor cross-server is coming. Deal with it in your own way.
=P Matchmaking will actually target the real issue, which is gaps in skill level. while eliminating the gear gap also removes 1 of the main "complaints" about premades.

4 okay premaders vs. 4 okay pugs in the exact same gear is a pretty even match. Likewise, 4 exceptional premaders vs. 4 exceptional pugs in the same gear is also an even match.

The only -real- difference would be if the premaders were using voice chat, which I would hope is BW's next "plan".

Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
In the future far, far away.
Meh... Gear gap gone in 1-2 weeks.

Matchmaking in 2-3 months. It's -really- not that long, as the gear gap being gone is going to be a giant leap towards equality. My only hope is Solo-centric people will step up their own game now that gear won't be such an obstical. =P can't tell me a PvP guild won't take them now unless they have EWH.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Ya I'm glad they are saying it will be through matchmaking and making gear matter less. Split q systems are actually the easiest to game. What you do is you get a whole bunch of your friends in vent and get them to q at the same time. Some will get in a different wz and if it is a training scenario then maybe some even on the other team but you can often get even more than 4 people on a team this way in previous games.

With a good matchmaking system if there are multiple premades q'n up within 5-10mins of eachother then they will be on different teams most of the time instead of in different wzs.
Pretty much agreed Raika. Can't wait for match making. =P also to finally bring my champion merc out of retirement in 1.6, since she'll be WH geared in a week.