Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

NoTomorrow
11.29.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1381
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Not to mention the bad pre-mades... or the good pre-mades that are on their team. Logic like that seems to go ignored in this thread though. Instead of controlling the situation and grouping up they'd rather whine that they aren't winning enough and ignore the fact that they aren't using the tools at hand to improve their chances of winning.

Then there's the mythical 8 man pre-made in regular war zones... which I see less than 5% of the war zones I'm in.. and that's being generous.

The way I see it... you win some... you lose some.

The way they see it... you win some... and when you lose some create rage threads on forums and cry for changes.
No, its bad because. I either get roflstomped, or i am roflstomping when a premade ends up in my team. In the second case its no challenge at all, and not fun
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

UGLYMRJ
11.29.2012 , 03:41 PM | #1382
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
No, its bad because. I either get roflstomped, or i am roflstomping when a premade ends up in my team. In the second case its no challenge at all, and not fun
Maybe I'm a control freak... but I prefer of putting the odds in my favor by being that pre-made.

We either ROFLstomp, which is OK. Get the weekly done quick and winning is fun.

OR

We have a competitive, challenging game... which is fun too.

The remaining 4 player or w/e it is on our team would have to be pretty bad for us to get roflstomped... so personally, because I use the system as it's intended I don't have the frustration of getting roflstomped. See how that works?

Instead of trying to change the system.... why not just change YOUR system?

Why wouldn't I stack it in my favor? It seems silly not to. You don't get brownie points for pugging nor is it a good idea to play solo in any multi-player game. Groups and team work will always win.

UGLYMRJ
11.29.2012 , 04:49 PM | #1383
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Yea I wasted 20 min writing a explanation of the average evil pugs reasoning a few posts above and I bet I do not get one response on it lol
Sad but true... I've noticed most of my well thought out posts simply get bypassed and they move onto whatever else they find and can manage to twist in their favor.

MiaRB
11.29.2012 , 05:11 PM | #1384
Sad but true... I've noticed most of my well thought out posts simply get bypassed and they move onto whatever else they find and can manage to twist in their favor.
"I prefer of putting the odds in my favor by being that pre-made."

"We either ROFLstomp, which is OK. Get the weekly done quick and winning is fun."

"Why wouldn't I stack it in my favor? It seems silly not to."

dont need giant walls of text. that is all your need right there. instead, many of you write these mini-novels trying to spin the fact that you want to win, finish quests fast, stack odds in your favor and so on. just be honest, running premades in normals has has very little to do with wanting competition. if you wanted competition then you would be in rateds all the time( hard to do i know because so few want competition ) or you would be in favor of premade teams vs premade teams instead of the current premade vs random pugs.

what is even worse is when some( maybe not you ) actually try to say its just "bads" complaining that they are "bad". look, when i que with a group and demolish a bunch of random undergear pugs, that doesnt mean im "good" at pvp or they are "bad" at pvp.

anyway, this whole argument will be moot eventually. 1.6 might help a little i guess. but new matchmaking system they mentioned will cut down on min/maxed premades from getting put in WZs with helpless low geared pugs. i imagine it will also put groups vs groups much more than it does now as well.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Pvtcarnage
11.29.2012 , 05:46 PM | #1385
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
"I prefer of putting the odds in my favor by being that pre-made."

"We either ROFLstomp, which is OK. Get the weekly done quick and winning is fun."

"Why wouldn't I stack it in my favor? It seems silly not to."

dont need giant walls of text. that is all your need right there. instead, many of you write these mini-novels trying to spin the fact that you want to win, finish quests fast, stack odds in your favor and so on. just be honest, running premades in normals has has very little to do with wanting competition. if you wanted competition then you would be in rateds all the time( hard to do i know because so few want competition ) or you would be in favor of premade teams vs premade teams instead of the current premade vs random pugs.

what is even worse is when some( maybe not you ) actually try to say its just "bads" complaining that they are "bad". look, when i que with a group and demolish a bunch of random undergear pugs, that doesnt mean im "good" at pvp or they are "bad" at pvp.

anyway, this whole argument will be moot eventually. 1.6 might help a little i guess. but new matchmaking system they mentioned will cut down on min/maxed premades from getting put in WZs with helpless low geared pugs. i imagine it will also put groups vs groups much more than it does now as well.
My wall of text I last wrote had not mentioned wanting competition once Nor did I blame or name call others. It was a honest post about what the average Premade is made of to try and dissolve the hate and generalization use about us.

and of course we have to explain in walls off text so as not get trolled because it was not explained to cover every angle that could be construed the wrong way.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

UGLYMRJ
11.29.2012 , 05:54 PM | #1386
and of course we have to explain in walls off text so as not get trolled because it was not explained to cover every angle that could be construed the wrong way.
This.... so much of this...

MiaRB
11.29.2012 , 05:59 PM | #1387
My wall of text I last wrote had not mentioned wanting competition once Nor did I blame or name call others. It was a honest post about what the average Premade is made of to try and dissolve the hate and generalization use about us.

why are you making it an "us" vs "them" thing? most people que solo sometimes and with groups other times. if im grouped i want to face evenly match groups in WZ, not random pugs.

also, when people make threads like this they are not really talking about EVERYONE who groups for WZs. there is a big dif between 4 friends grouping up to que and a PVP guild ( on voice ) all min/maxed picking the right 4 to group and then having the other 4 or more queing solo so they end up with 6 in the WZ instead of just 4. most of the complaints are about the latter.

really dont understand how you or some of the others in this thread are so against matching groups vs groups and pugs vs pugs... as well as matching top gear to top gear and low gear with low gear. because anyone who wants groups vs pugs doesnt really want competition. same as people who want min/maxed top gear vs recruit gear doesnt really want competition.
can't wait for this game to come out!

CommanderKeeva
11.29.2012 , 06:10 PM | #1388
Maybe I'm a control freak... but I prefer of putting the odds in my favor by being that pre-made.

We either ROFLstomp, which is OK. Get the weekly done quick and winning is fun.

OR

We have a competitive, challenging game... which is fun too.

The remaining 4 player or w/e it is on our team would have to be pretty bad for us to get roflstomped... so personally, because I use the system as it's intended I don't have the frustration of getting roflstomped. See how that works?

Instead of trying to change the system.... why not just change YOUR system?

Why wouldn't I stack it in my favor? It seems silly not to. You don't get brownie points for pugging nor is it a good idea to play solo in any multi-player game. Groups and team work will always win.
Yeah, you nailed down the problem pretty well. In either case, one side is too often stomping the other. There are some great, close matches, too, no doubt, but sadly I find those rare. Too often one team is completely dominating the other and that is what we should do something about.

Also, I don't think any of us actually know "how the system is intended to work". There is no "We want you to queue up as a group." or "We want you to play solo." warning next to the PvP button. It's not group versus group, not solo versus solo, it's player versus player, where both group versus group and solo versus solo should be a viable option with a fair chance of winning for both. Not the predetermined matches we get and all the roflstomping "fun."

I wonder if the developers actually took a look at how Guild Wars 1 (and not 2!) handled this problem because it was superb. If you wanted to play solo, you had Random Arenas, where you got a team based on an RNG number. If you wanted to play as a team, you had Team Arenas, where you could fight as a predesigned, carefully balanced, highly skilled team. Not this "hey let's throw 8 random guys together and have them fight against No.1 premade team on the server" bull*****. And no one ever complained about pug vs premade problem.

I'm not against common sense, but as long as you have a "queue solo" option it should be just as viable a means to win as the "queue group" one. Otherwise if it's pointless to queue anyway as solo because you inevitably end up losing horribly to premades, why even include it in the first place? To provide fresh meat for the premades to slaughter? No that doesn't make sense. Giving someone an option that turns out isn't really an option after all?

I'm sorry but I really think that the system is inherently flawed. I cannot name any single sport that would allow random amateurs compete against the national champion team (maybe you can, I can't).
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Eldriq
11.29.2012 , 06:10 PM | #1389
Man this thread just keeps going. Over the weekend I teamed with a few people for premades "I know I am the Devil or as I call myself Little Cthulu". In the next matches we were matched with another premade in fact the same premade. Is is perfect? No but I do think it is getting better and they are working on it. Plus really the average premade is not the problem you are really upset about. I am part of the average premade and no one is going to call me a great player "most won't call me a good player really " we do not stomp people we fight like crazy for every win as I only team with friends "Usually in weird specs because we would rather play what we want instead of what is best for winning i.e. dps sorcerer, dps merc some of them in recruit".

The ones you are talking about that stomp people are the best players on the server and I have said it before they have gear "yes they are min/max and they hit hard" they have team speak "oh the horror" but most importantly they have team tactics that work. They focus on one person and burn them down then another, how many times do you see the entire team pick a different person to attack? Totally counterproductive to the entire exercise. So what it boils down to is that these mutant freaks with lightning reflexes team with other mutant freaks like the veritable Brotherhood of Evil Mutants slaughtering everything in there path. And you know what they win and if they are a great guild they don't talk trash doing it because they don't have to, there actions have spoken saying simply "We Are The Best". Pyramid of ability exists in nature and mankind as in real life so in games. I don't like it when I get killed 30 times in a match and I especially don't like when it happens over and over but I do realize that it is not the system that does it, it is just that they are better however they got there.

Pvtcarnage
11.29.2012 , 06:51 PM | #1390
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
why are you making it an "us" vs "them" thing? most people que solo sometimes and with groups other times. if im grouped i want to face evenly match groups in WZ, not random pugs.

Were did I exactly make the pug vs premade split/separation? Were did I state that I want to go against pug when I'm grouped? I pug as well big deal, it's about the people that say all or "most" premades are some kind of low life. but since your not referring directly to anything I wrote I guess You did not read it are just assuming I'm one of "them" and type away.

also, when people make threads like this they are not really talking about EVERYONE who groups for WZs. there is a big dif between 4 friends grouping up to que and a PVP guild ( on voice ) all min/maxed picking the right 4 to group and then having the other 4 or more queing solo so they end up with 6 in the WZ instead of just 4. most of the complaints are about the latter.

The English language is a beautiful thing, all it takes is to use words like "some" that gives the distinction of what they mean. Just like 2+2=4 A statement like "Premades don't do ranked because they are scared to lose, and like the easy mode" = All not some, not many, not a select few....... But of course your assuming you know what people mean, just like you probably know that what I wrote with out reading it...........

really dont understand how you or some of the others in this thread are so against matching groups vs groups and pugs vs pugs... as well as matching top gear to top gear and low gear with low gear. because anyone who wants groups vs pugs doesnt really want competition. same as people who want min/maxed top gear vs recruit gear doesnt really want competition.

Again lack of reading or translating my post into what you felt I meant again. I will refrain from the long explanation needed to answer that and hope you understand the short version,

I'm not against matching that way, I'm against splitting the que up to do it. No other game even does that, games that have it right use cross server with a good algorithm to make that happen when ever possible and in a timely matter.

But I'm out of time for now, If you wish the long version let me know and I'll spend my lunch time tomorow just for U
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane