Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

TridusSWTOR
11.28.2012 , 05:01 PM | #1341
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
That suggestion is just plain dumb, it's been explained why in many different ways so go re-read. And while your at it name one MMO that does this.

Whats with this non-stop "I'm a victim" attitude?, grow a pair and step up to the plate, Or get stepped on buy those that do.
Nice attitude. So your simple solution is "Got mine, stay or leave."

Which you think they'll do? Yea thanks for making queue's longer

TridusSWTOR
11.28.2012 , 05:02 PM | #1342
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Pretty good actually. I had 5 ranked matches last night. Much fun was had by 15 of us. The 16th guy got mad though and started raging at me when I told DPS to get on a marked healer that was hanging around. Go figure, right?
Nice 5 matches huh? Sounds like they are coming at you non-stop with the pops.

Arlanon
11.28.2012 , 05:08 PM | #1343
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR
Nice 5 matches huh? Sounds like they are coming at you non-stop with the pops.
How many ranked matches would it have taken to satisfy you? Now you are just being arbitrary.

Some people had things to do. Gasp.

Veniras
11.28.2012 , 05:41 PM | #1344
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
No, its been said countless times - we dont want long queues...
You know what I do when the premades are flourishing and the pugs gets stomped?

I stop PVP'ing for the day.

Pvtcarnage
11.28.2012 , 05:45 PM | #1345
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Nice troll post.
Kettle and pot and all that. You just repeat the same garbage over and over. People are playing the game the way it was designed, insulting people and generalizing all premades as ones who are scared of playing ranked and are geared to the teeth taking the easy road only shows either A) Ignorance on a grand scale OR B) Troll

We are allowed to que regular for whatever reason we wish and is not against game policy. It is up to you to take steps toward improving your odds if you wish to do better. You are in dream land if you think people should not play together or go play a mode that is meant for a different type of play and not ment for premades only.

Am I rude here on the forms, sure I am...your kind reminds me of the all the self righteous lazy people sucking off the system looking for hand outs and welfare when you are more than able to work for yourself.

EDIT: this has been suggested before but you should read this
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Arlanon
11.28.2012 , 05:49 PM | #1346
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR
While I still enjoy your reasonable approach and not throwing a tantrum if proved wrong, unlike doom. All the things you listed are happening now.
You've been making statements like this one all day now. (Although many were on the deleted pages from this morning). The fact that you are constantly telling us how you are proving certain people wrong, demonstrates that you yourself do not actually feel as though you are proving anything. If you were confident in your arguements, you would not have to TELL people that they agree with you, because you would know that they would do so on their own.

That's the difference between you and me, really. You are here because you feel as though you need to prove something to us. You just want our love, adoration, respect. You probably don't get that in real life. Well you're probably not going to get it here, either.

I, on the other hand, am just here for the lolz. I don't even have to read your posts. Just seeing how committed you are to a garbage argument is quite amusing.

Doomsdaycomes
11.28.2012 , 05:54 PM | #1347
While I still enjoy your reasonable approach and not throwing a tantrum if proved wrong, unlike doom. All the things you listed are happening now.
Ugh... here I go feeding you. You have -never- proved me wrong. In fact, no one has given a decent answer why better matchmaking wouldn't work, and most have defaulted to "Well it would be easier to just split the queues."

I'm talking about having a healer one side or one or two people well geared on one side. That is going to happen no matter what, so far though no system will be "perfect". While I applaud your enthusiasm for making pvp a balanced environment, some of the suggestions I can't support.

Like better matchmaking- It's just more of the same. Maybe even more so as time goes on since PVP isn't actually fun for new players.
If the system is designed to 1.) have a big enough pool to draw from, and 2.) match on a criteria, then rarely will there be 3 WH's on one side -without- 3 WH's on the other side. Look at any game with proper matchmaking and you'll see that. (Hint, most shooters have a ranking system for matches, as does I believe starcraft and other rts, and they match opponents pretty damn well).

What I do support and think should be put in the game:
Cross server queue's
Mixed faction pvp
Solo bracket pvp.

You can easily think out of the box and change group pvp to 2 or 4 man groups for both ranked or normal warzones. So this "backfill" issue is done away with, it's a shame certain trolls refuse to think of a solution unless it only benefits them.
That "solves" filling, but not backfilling. Backfilling is when someone d/c's or leaves for whatever reason. With split queue's, Group play has no backfilling.

On the other hand, now groups of 3 can no longer player together. *rolls eyes* Cause that's "fair."

I already stated what I wanted in PVP many times and all those solutions help queue times. Unlike "better matchmaking", my solution will actually bring more people in, hence bringing in more future competition. One thing you are going to have to accept is this.
Nope. Your solution will still have newbies facing possible teams in full WH (think faction imbalance) and getting their *** kicked. They won't even have a chance to land on the same team as full WH premade. Where as a matchmaking system would place either all newbies together, or distribute them throughout the teams. Split queue's has -zero- safeguards to stop newbies from getting crushed.

Also, stop hiding behind "Think of the children!" If you were really concerned about new players and not players who "just wanna solo queue without losing" you'd suggest a recruit bracket like Uglymjr did, which would be more effective in nurturing "new" players.

Ranked PVP is dieing, due to lack of competitiveness by premades. They rather pug stomp than face challenging teams. Just because one group loves ranked, doesn't excuse the rest of them. Hence why premades are ruining non-ranked warzones, because they refuse to preform on a higher level.

I probably hurt some e-peen ego's with that bit of truth :P
I will not respond to statements like the above, they do nothing but demonstrate your immaturity.

Arlanon
11.28.2012 , 05:57 PM | #1348
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes
I will not respond to statements like the above, they do nothing but demonstrate your immaturity.
I'll respond to it! He is just flapping his E-PEEN in the wind!

TheronFett
11.28.2012 , 06:07 PM | #1349
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Rather than blaming premades for playing correctly, place the blame on your team (or possibly yourself) for not doing the same. Only at that point can people improve their level of play in an objective based warzone. A solo queue will not do that.
I have never advocated for a solo-only queue, nor am I doing so here. That's my mistake for not being more clear. I've been vocal for a long time about having real matchmaking (and cross-server queues) that pits similarly geared and experienced teams against one another. Premade (4) + 4 PUGS should always face another team with 4 and 4. 8 PUGS vs 8 PUGS, and on down the line. Because this would increase queue times, cross-server is a must for this kind of system.

Pvtcarnage
11.28.2012 , 06:16 PM | #1350
Nice attitude. So your simple solution is "Got mine, stay or leave."

Which you think they'll do? Yea thanks for making queue's longer
I can only speak for my server but PvP has been strong since launch (can get a game just about 24/7) and there is no sign of slowing, there a lot of premades rolling both sides of the ball and more are getting on board each day with team play. And yea I worked for mine and actively recruit/invite new players to group with us to get their fun/gear.And this is on a PvE server to boot. (the shadowlands)

But go ahead and play victim, see how far that gets you.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane