Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
11.27.2012 , 04:46 PM | #1301
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth
I find no response from BW very disturbing esp with the views over 42K now.
BW will not respond they stopped reading at page 2.

Why didn't we?

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
11.27.2012 , 04:59 PM | #1302
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
BW will not respond they stopped reading at page 2.

Why didn't we?
We are all posting in this thread because it's such a fun and entertaining pasttime. It doesn't concern valid problems at all. The current state of PvP is fine as it is. All solo players are Recruit-geared, asocial freaks and noob idiots who need to L2P and never call out incs. All premaders are lifeless basement-dwellers who grasp at every unfair advantage to show off their epeen to compensate for their pathetic real life. We are hoping that all F2P players will have a dreadful experience and leave as soon as possible. Right?

No. This thread is discussing a very valid problem with a multitude of solutions, many of which are very well worth considering. I agree, there are some pages of unavoidable trolling but on most you'll find well-constructed, carefully-organized and well-thought out ideas on how to improve the current state of PvP that Bioware would do damn well to read.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Mancer's Avatar


Mancer
11.27.2012 , 05:02 PM | #1303
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
BW will not respond they stopped reading at page 2.

Why didn't we?
Because I am at work with nothing better to do...
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

QuietGoneJinn's Avatar


QuietGoneJinn
11.27.2012 , 05:14 PM | #1304
All the "nerf this" and "buff that", premade vs pug, etc. threads aren't addressing the real problem with the warzones in that certain abilities are far too weighted.

Like "Pull" in Huttball. Pull people into an instant death hazard, pull people away from the endzone or into it. It's far too weighted for that particular gametype. That same class can also Dash into the endzone, knockback away from the endzone and pile on the stuns with the best of them. One class is incredibly weighted compared to the others.

Look at the Warrior in comparison. If someone uses knockback or pull you have 1 chance to make it out of the pit. That is if somone isn't in "cover" or even range. Plus, the likelyhood of being knocked back down basically makes you left for dead, as you are a sitting duck in the pit for ranged attack. And of course, 4 seconds of camouflage won't get you far enough away or conceal you long enough to cooldown your charge. While you take massive damage, you're also slowed, you can't do jack but waste medpacs or let yourself die.

Inquistors are basically built for success, while Warriors are set up for failure. Just by the pure design of the objectives and layout of the map. Sure some players are geared better or know their classes, but the best inquitor will always win against the best warrior because of the inherent ability disadvantage.

Even the node capture games lean towards ranged DPS and stealthers. The Warzones are just poorly designed for balance.

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
11.27.2012 , 05:16 PM | #1305
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva
It doesn't concern valid problems at all.
Agreed.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva
The current state of PvP is fine as it is.
Agreed.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva
All solo players are Recruit-geared, asocial freaks and noob idiots who need to L2P and never call out incs.
Disagreed. That's not Bioware's fault, and is not up to Bioware to fix. It is a L2P issue. I solo queue all the time. I don't swap to Recruit gear, stop talking to people, and stop calling out incs when I do it.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva
All premaders are lifeless basement-dwellers who grasp at every unfair advantage to show off their epeen to compensate for their pathetic real life.
Disagreed. We are Playing to Win. Their problem is they are Playing to Lose. It seems that you yourself are the one trying to show off your epeen to compensate for your pathetic real life, by attempting to become Sith Jesus to these people. You cannot save them from themselves. They do not WANT to be saved.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva
We are hoping that all F2P players will have a dreadful experience and leave as soon as possible. Right?
Wrong. I'm hoping they stay long enough to get their cheap War Hero gear, then realize that the core of the issue is that they simply need to stop making excuses and IMPROVE THEMSELVES. I hope they learn to play the objectives, join a teamspeak server, and begin forming premades of their own.

Society today has such a victimization mentality epidemic. No one is responsible for themselves anymore. There is always an excuse. Even if Bioware changed everything to suit your whims, you would find other excuses, other things to complain about.

Also: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/

Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva
No. This thread is discussing a very valid problem with a multitude of solutions, many of which are very well worth considering.
Disagree. Many of the "solutions" in this thread would create other problems.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva
I agree, there are some pages of unavoidable trolling but on most you'll find well-constructed, carefully-organized and well-thought out ideas on how to improve the current state of PvP that Bioware would do damn well to read.
Agree, if only so that Bioware learns what NOT to do.

Did I do this right?

Darth-Rammstein's Avatar


Darth-Rammstein
11.27.2012 , 05:46 PM | #1306
This thread is crazy, it's literally the same few people bickering back and forth for pages on end.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
11.27.2012 , 07:03 PM | #1307
About this time last year, I had two fulls sets of Rakata gear, and the epic mount from Karaga's Palace.

People I didn't even know called me an elitist a-hole, for no other reason than the fact that I had two fulls sets of Rakata gear, and the epic mount from Karaga's Palace.

Karaga, and his BFF Soa, did not give me that stuff for free. It took commitment of both time and effort, and a willingness to learn how to achieve victory.

PvP really is no different in that respect. People are complaining because they lack the commitment and the willingness to learn.

Since we are drawing a PvE parallel here, I'll share an amusing one I just thought of. You may say that PvE is easier because the mobs are too stupid to attack the healers. Again, just like in PvP!

wait what

Tyrias's Avatar


Tyrias
11.27.2012 , 07:25 PM | #1308
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
About this time last year, I had two fulls sets of Rakata gear, and the epic mount from Karaga's Palace.

People I didn't even know called me an elitist a-hole, for no other reason than the fact that I had two fulls sets of Rakata gear, and the epic mount from Karaga's Palace.

Karaga, and his BFF Soa, did not give me that stuff for free. It took commitment of both time and effort, and a willingness to learn how to achieve victory.

PvP really is no different in that respect. People are complaining because they lack the commitment and the willingness to learn.

Since we are drawing a PvE parallel here, I'll share an amusing one I just thought of. You may say that PvE is easier because the mobs are too stupid to attack the healers. Again, just like in PvP!

wait what
Comparing PvE and PvP is pretty fruitless, because they're too different. You don't leap straight in to TFB in your Tionese/Columi you got from flashpoints and expect to do anything. So you pick to go EV or KP first, and gear up against appropriate opponents.

I'd imagine that if PvP players had the luxury of always playing against appropriate enemies, most of these complaints wouldn't exist. But they don't, so this is a pretty poor analogy.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
11.27.2012 , 07:32 PM | #1309
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrias
Comparing PvE and PvP is pretty fruitless, because they're too different. You don't leap straight in to TFB in your Tionese/Columi you got from flashpoints and expect to do anything. So you pick to go EV or KP first, and gear up against appropriate opponents.

I'd imagine that if PvP players had the luxury of always playing against appropriate enemies, most of these complaints wouldn't exist. But they don't, so this is a pretty poor analogy.
Aha, you fell into my trap. Even in full Rakata gear, me vs Soa is not an "appropriate opponent". In order to defeat Soa, I must join a PREMADE TEAM to take him down. This premade team must work together and coordinate their efforts in order to succeed.

PvP is no different there. I challenge you to prove otherwise. You are arguing simply for the sake of arguing.

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
11.27.2012 , 07:39 PM | #1310
I don't understand some of you people. I understand the bad premaders and/or the horrible irl premaders because they obviously have a bias towards keeping it as is, however if you are a good premader and don't live in a basement then I would think you would have to be bored most matches with the current system.

We need at least some bandaid matchmaking fix with mixed faction teams allowed for this game to keep a healthy pvp population and especially if we want it to grow. This should be obvious. The average player is obviously not happy and the average good premader (which some of you claim to be) should be bored out of his or her mind most days.

As I have said before, as long as my weekly is done, I enjoy lots of pug v premade matches because it really makes you play your best when there is no chance of winning and makes you improve your situational awareness since you can be stun-killed in seconds if you become the premade's tab target. So I don't have a major problem with the current system (except I would enjoy premading if there was a matching system) but it is blatantly obvious to me that the current system is flawed and that the pvp population won't stay healthy longterm if pvp stays as is.