Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.27.2012 , 12:53 PM | #1281
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Are you telling me you don't find it amusing to take on 3 enemies and win? In the scenario presented by the person you quoted, how did being in a premade aid his soloing 3 baddies at a node?

The sentiment expressed in that post is what solo queuers feel they should be doing. Unfortunately, when the 3 people are coordinated, the solo attacker dies in one stun. Working as intended you might say.

Nice to see that one person supporting premades likes to go Rambo on undergeared players and you feel that is proof that premades are the problem in warzones. All I see is that 3 people don't know how to dig their heads out long enough to stop one person.
Pretty much all it shows is that gear is so greatly imbalanced that aug WH is worth 3 recruits- this though isn't really a surprise.

It's not a problem no, for the people with great gear/premades- obviously. But, most players don't have premades and aren't geared- all this does is prevent people from wanting to pvp.

People can defend the current pvp system all they want- but it obviously isn't working and hasn't been working for almost a year. Most companies, when they see their product becoming less and less popular at such an alarming rate would actually do something about it.

What we instead have is- normal WZ that aren't aimed at normal players, and ranked WZ that are sitting empty. Doesn't take a genius to see something must be done.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.27.2012 , 01:04 PM | #1282
It's depressing that this has far more replies than threads about cross server queue's, merc/commando and pretty much anything else.

The worst part is it's the same, small group of people supporting the idea just commenting repeatedly and unfortunately there is always someone new to feed these guys.

Best part about it all... a solo queue will not happen.

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
11.27.2012 , 01:10 PM | #1283
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
When you log in the game and join a pvp queue, you eventually get put on a team.

What the game does is match you up with people that want to pvp as well, in order to make a game.
OK, so you were trying to deceive people, and will claim you weren't lying because you were using a personal definition of "matchmaking" - without saying so - that is pretty much the opposite of the generally accepted meaning. Or you were lying when you made up the excuse for your bogus claim.

I disagree with CommanderKeeva on the desirability of solo-only queues, or the skill level of pugs/premades. But I get the impression they're trying to argue their point with integrity and reference to reason. If you accept that the other side might have a point, you can come to a better conclusion: for instance, over the course of the various threads I've realised that the point that some way to separate people by their PvP effectiveness is good, as that way we can all get more even and enjoyable games, and improve in our own time rather than be destroyed as a novice and possibly quitting. Though I don't think splitting queues is a smart way to do it for many reasons explained many times.

You aren't an honest debater. I don't actually mind people who disagree with me, but people who just want to "win" an argument rather than argue out the truth of the matter constructively aren't worth wasting time on.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.27.2012 , 02:01 PM | #1284
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Well it's about time someone finally came out and said it. You sir truly have honor, thank you for stepping up and explaining exactly the problem with the current system is.

Good lord I been waiting for this moment.

Well there you have it, the REAL reasons why premades don't sign up for ranked. It's plain as day and even if you log into the game, you can witness it first hand.

So much for premades wanting competition.

Wonder what the next excuse will be...
It's been said before (pretty sure I told you, but to lazy to check), and why should any premade player feel bad i.e. not enjoying killing in PvP regardless what gear the victim has? It's not their fault the other team was not smart enough to notice they had 3 recruits running together instead of splitting people up more evenly across the objectives (it's rare to have 3 recruits in one WZ btw) When I pug Or have a 4man with 4 pugs we make sure that recruits get put with others that can help offset that and certainly would not have them protect a node. But that's why most smart players group, so they have more say in make up and less people that go mindlessly into battle.

But in the end your just a troll, because you have been told many times the valid reasons most do not que ranked. Are there buttheads? Sure buts that a small percentage of premades and just a fact of life, because you give them the satisfaction they are looking for when you come here or in game and cry.... it only reinforces that behavior. Remember only you can give them the power to let them upset you.

I could go on but so far you have been a waste of time.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Tyrias's Avatar


Tyrias
11.27.2012 , 02:19 PM | #1285
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
It's depressing that this has far more replies than threads about cross server queue's, merc/commando and pretty much anything else.

The worst part is it's the same, small group of people supporting the idea just commenting repeatedly and unfortunately there is always someone new to feed these guys.

Best part about it all... a solo queue will not happen.
Depressing, but unsurprising.

Cross server queue is (more or less) something unanimously agreed upon. To support the game in it's current state and get queues (and hopefully ranked) really flowing., it needs to happen. People say it, and then move on, and the thread doesn't go that far.

Same with Commando/Merc. Everyone who's played a good handful of classes can see they are the worst off class for any sort of DPS. It's just not a contentious point.

But Solo-only queue? I can see why people would want it. I can see why people don't. That's why the thread is so big. Ironically, it's more prominent than other threads because it's LESS of a unanimously agreed upon issue.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.27.2012 , 02:21 PM | #1286
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrias View Post
Depressing, but unsurprising.

Cross server queue is (more or less) something unanimously agreed upon. To support the game in it's current state and get queues (and hopefully ranked) really flowing., it needs to happen. People say it, and then move on, and the thread doesn't go that far.

Same with Commando/Merc. Everyone who's played a good handful of classes can see they are the worst off class for any sort of DPS. It's just not a contentious point.

But Solo-only queue? I can see why people would want it. I can see why people don't. That's why the thread is so big. Ironically, it's more prominent than other threads because it's LESS of a unanimously agreed upon issue.
You have a point... I guess I'm just tired of looking at it since i personally think it's a horrible idea and there are far more important things to have on my Xmas wish list.

Of course.... just my opinion.

Kawiki's Avatar


Kawiki
11.27.2012 , 02:25 PM | #1287
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
It's depressing that this has far more replies than threads about cross server queue's, merc/commando and pretty much anything else.

The worst part is it's the same, small group of people supporting the idea just commenting repeatedly and unfortunately there is always someone new to feed these guys.

Best part about it all... a solo queue will not happen.
The vast majority of people that play the game are solo Queue. The real minority is the premade. That's why ranked has pretty much gone away.

I solo queue the majority of the time so I'd love to see a solo (only) ranked queue. I also don't really mind facing a premade either. Who doesn't like a challenge. Now it does get annoying when you face them 5 times in a row but frankly that is what alt-f4 is for.

Also most premade will say "we want a challenge too" well you know, you can have it! Split up into two groups and stagger your queue or solo queue yourselves. But they won't do it. Because frankly most of those players on their own really are not very good players.

But whatever, the real reason why solo queue won't happen is because the ranked queue bombed. Not because the majority don't want it.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.27.2012 , 02:36 PM | #1288
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
The vast majority of people that play the game are solo Queue. The real minority is the premade. That's why ranked has pretty much gone away.

I solo queue the majority of the time so I'd love to see a solo (only) ranked queue. I also don't really mind facing a premade either. Who doesn't like a challenge. Now it does get annoying when you face them 5 times in a row but frankly that is what alt-f4 is for.

Also most premade will say "we want a challenge too" well you know, you can have it! Split up into two groups and stagger your queue or solo queue yourselves. But they won't do it. Because frankly most of those players on their own really are not very good players.

But whatever, the real reason why solo queue won't happen is because the ranked queue bombed. Not because the majority don't want it.
Most premades do want challenges and the other night did have two teams queuing up at the same time for ranked. Its a problem when you cannot always do that. You never know how long you will be waiting and when you do get that ranked queue to pop there is a chance it is empty.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.27.2012 , 02:42 PM | #1289
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
The vast majority of people that play the game are solo Queue. The real minority is the premade. That's why ranked has pretty much gone away.

I solo queue the majority of the time so I'd love to see a solo (only) ranked queue. I also don't really mind facing a premade either. Who doesn't like a challenge. Now it does get annoying when you face them 5 times in a row but frankly that is what alt-f4 is for.

Also most premade will say "we want a challenge too" well you know, you can have it! Split up into two groups and stagger your queue or solo queue yourselves. But they won't do it. Because frankly most of those players on their own really are not very good players.

But whatever, the real reason why solo queue won't happen is because the ranked queue bombed. Not because the majority don't want it.
How can premades be the minority when there is always a double premade on the other team?
At least that's what I learned on the forums.

Any solution advocating for people to not play with their friends is both ignorant and unproductive. What you fail to understand is that you are not Rambo. You say that they aren't very good players apart (not that you would have any idea), but last I checked warzones aren't dueling arenas.

Maybe you should take a step back and examine why you feel that being able to beat any one person on the other team makes you a better player (hint: it doesn't). I'll take a player who can call incs and defend a node from being capped until help arrives over someone who can solo everyone on the other team any day.
I have opinions and stuff

Kawiki's Avatar


Kawiki
11.27.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1290
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
How can premades be the minority when there is always a double premade on the other team?
At least that's what I learned on the forums.

Any solution advocating for people to not play with their friends is both ignorant and unproductive. What you fail to understand is that you are not Rambo. You say that they aren't very good players apart (not that you would have any idea), but last I checked warzones aren't dueling arenas.

Maybe you should take a step back and examine why you feel that being able to beat any one person on the other team makes you a better player (hint: it doesn't). I'll take a player who can call incs and defend a node from being capped until help arrives over someone who can solo everyone on the other team any day.
ummm ok. This is not about me. If I want to play on a team I'll play on a team.

However, when the people I want to group with are not on I am gonna solo queue and like I said I usually don't mind going against that premade because there are some really good solo players on my server that can at least put up a good fight if not outright beat them.

But that's not the point. The point is to have more options for everyone. It really boggles my mind why people are so radically opposed to this idea. It gives us more to do. But but the queue won't pop for us minority is the next argument. So, pop into the solo queue fight your friends. Smack talk over vent. What's the problem?