Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
10.19.2012 , 04:45 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Exgrunt View Post
why should those of us in guilds not queue up together. It only makes sense that we queue together since we like to pvp and look to become a well known pvp guild at some point. It's practice we get used to working together now in nonranked wz we will be ready for ranked wz. If you don't like running into partial premades like us then join a guild with ppl that like to pvp or quit whining.
I didn't say you couldn't Que up togeater in a premade, I just asked if Bioware could give an a option for PUG only PvP for those of us who don't want to be gimped in a warzone because there going up against a premade...

It's funny how all the premade teams are QQ'ing about this idea, maybe it's because they don't want to go against other premade groups?!?

It's simple
Option 1: Que for 8v8 Ranked PvP Warzone <--- premade only teams
Option 2: Que for 8v8 nomral PvP Warzone <-- just like it is now premades and pug people togeather
Option 3: Que for 8v8 Pug Only PvP Warzone <--- premades not allowed

Now can someone give me a legit reason why this wouldn't work ?
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
10.19.2012 , 04:47 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Why should people who want to pug a warzone have to play with Premades in the first place? You just want to use the BS L2P excuse because you enjoy face rolling puggers with your premade groups...

The ONLY People that would be against my suggestion would be Premade groups that want easy targets... If you want to play in a premade fine play against other premades, it's funny how people say L2P yet they insist on fighting Pug groups instead of other premades, hmmm wonder why... Maybe because they suck to bad to play on a level playing field... Against other premades they get face rolled themselves....

With F2P coming and Bioware wanting people to buy Week PvP passes, they better make PvP fun, because people are not going to spend money for week passes just to get face rolled by Premades..
How about without cross-server queuing, your suggestion would drive queue times way up?

How about, blaming others that take the time to make friends, form groups, strategies, etc... for you being lazy is ********?

How about encouraging people to actually try and become better? (If you were playing sports, would you demand everyone you play against be 200 pounds and out of shape if you didn't take the time to exercise?)

How about people who group up love to fight other groups, but don't want 1hr queue times?

Other than that, all that really comes to mind is; "People who only want to fight other PuG's are lazy people who don't want to find friends, invest time in guilds, or face difficult opponents and would rather the other team be the same helter-skelter frag-fest kill-chasers like themselves. May I suggest MW2 or some other solo-based pvp game?"

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
10.19.2012 , 04:52 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
and why do the ranked ques take a hour?

Because all the premades in the unranked warzones!

See how that works?

If they start queing up for ranked, it would start to pop more!

But this isnt about challenge and competition for them.

Its about greifing and ruining others fun.
Hardly a new concept for what we once called PKers.
I will guarentee you 90% of the warzone pre made greifers are the same people that routinely rolled through Ilum heroic areas flagged trying to exploit a bug to flag unflagged players and then kill them.

That got taken away and suddenly the pre made issue explodes

Simple solution is que the pre mades in a pre made que to face each other and may the best team win.

Guarentee you after a couple weeks we will suddenly see 2 man groups trying to load into same WZs as other 2 man groups to get around the anti pre made code so they can once again GREIF those weaker.

The real solution to this problem is a 4 parter!

1) Make the pre made vrs pre made warzone.

2) Then apply a 1225 expertise limit to the current solo que (equiping items after you enter that take you over the limit result in immediate wz removal and 30 minute lock out for attempting to get around the limit)

3) Then create a second solo/partner wz for those with 1226 expertise and higher (no removal or lock out if you downgrade)

4) and finally have the ranked War Zone as it currently exists (though personally I think that should also have a 1225 expertise minimum for entering players to stop the farming of ranked coms by just being farmed)

Do these 4 easy steps and all problems surrounding pre mades and gear are eliminated.
And doing these 4 would actually massively improve the current solo warzone 100 fold and EA might actually convince F2P players the PVP worth it. Cause right now I dont see ANYONE upgradeing from F2P to subscription for the PVP WZs as it stands now.

But we all know those who so stringently defend their right to farm right now will be screaming bloody murder the first time they rolled by a pre made of equal gear and status.

Cause this issue has never been about competition or challenge
Bitter much? People don't premade to maliciously ruin your online gaming experience, or your life. They premade because they would rather play with friends than by themselves, and they would rather win than lose.

Are uneven talent levels creating a poor experience for those with less talent? Yes. Is that bad for the game and/or queue times overall? Yes. Are there a lot of complete d-bags engaging in any competitive endeavor? Yes.

But don't pretend every dude who would rather play with 3 competent guildies, rather than 3 incompetent strangers, is cackling like some comic book super-villain about how easy it is to beat you and crush your PVP dreams. That's just dramatic.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
10.19.2012 , 04:56 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by DeeMoneyBig View Post
Bads end up grouped with premades all the time - there are still 4 pug spots in each group afterall. Don't hear the bads asking for nerfs/changes when they are on the winning team cashing their free 140 comms...
From my own unscientific research this is simply not true. If I solo queue I'm far more likely to end up in a pure pug and will most likely face at least one 4-man premade. It usually takes on average 9 warzones until I get grouped up with a premade (based on guild tags). Sadly those premaders usually suck and manage to lose the nodes they are supposed to guard because they seem to have forgotten how to type in ops chat to request reinforcements when needed.

Personally I'd love to have an opt-in button if I want to queue against premades when I solo queue. It's much more enjoyable that way for everyone and the premaders don't have to get bad solo queuers on their team. If the queue times for premades become just like ranked it just means people want a fair challenge and a fighting chance.

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
10.19.2012 , 05:00 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
From my own unscientific research this is simply not true. If I solo queue I'm far more likely to end up in a pure pug and will most likely face at least one 4-man premade. It usually takes on average 9 warzones until I get grouped up with a premade (based on guild tags). Sadly those premaders usually suck and manage to lose the nodes they are supposed to guard because they seem to have forgotten how to type in ops chat to request reinforcements when needed.

Personally I'd love to have an opt-in button if I want to queue against premades when I solo queue. It's much more enjoyable that way for everyone and the premaders don't have to get bad solo queuers on their team. If the queue times for premades become just like ranked it just means people want a fair challenge and a fighting chance.
So you never get grouped with a premade, you are always against them, and the few times you end up with one, they suck?

Yes, that is unscientific. Don't let people stand next to you when it is cloudy.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
10.19.2012 , 05:04 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
How about without cross-server queuing, your suggestion would drive queue times way up?

How about, blaming others that take the time to make friends, form groups, strategies, etc... for you being lazy is ********?

How about encouraging people to actually try and become better? (If you were playing sports, would you demand everyone you play against be 200 pounds and out of shape if you didn't take the time to exercise?)

How about people who group up love to fight other groups, but don't want 1hr queue times?

Other than that, all that really comes to mind is; "People who only want to fight other PuG's are lazy people who don't want to find friends, invest time in guilds, or face difficult opponents and would rather the other team be the same helter-skelter frag-fest kill-chasers like themselves. May I suggest MW2 or some other solo-based pvp game?"
So basically your argument is that Pug people should be forced to play against premades in order to make the game more enjoyable for premade groups... Because without Pug's your premade group would have to wait longer to play.... ya who's whining now?

Odds are my suggestion would increase pop times for Puggers because more people would go for the PUG only option, which means people like me would get faster pops... I could careless about Premade groups just like you could careless about Pug players...

I do know that Bioware wants to make money and when it goes F2P there not going to be able to sell PvP Week passes pitting new players up against fully geared out premades...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
10.19.2012 , 05:12 PM | #117
Also this has nothing to do with losing a pvp match, I've been grouped with Premades before and our team dominated the other side, what happens is the other team usually gives up and just sits around there one station in order to get defensive medals and the premade group ends up sitting at there two stations doing nothing also, so both sides just wait for the timer to end.. How is this fun?

The best games are the close ones regardless if you win or lose... but with premades that happens less and less in warzones...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
10.19.2012 , 05:13 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
So you never get grouped with a premade, you are always against them, and the few times you end up with one, they suck?

Yes, that is unscientific. Don't let people stand next to you when it is cloudy.
If you didn't need a crutch to PvP you would probably also notice it if you solo queued. My biggest problem with premaders is they neither communicate tactics (if one of them are the ops leader) nor do they follow tactics from the ops leader or anyone else that feels like acting like one. They also fail to call out incs and they rely on their guildies to help them when they get incs. They often lose the node or fail miserably with their new tactics they are trying out for ranked warzones I guess. I'm tired of having my PvP experience ruined by premaders on both my side and the opposite side. It's like PvPing with Russians or Brazilians and that's bad.

denpic's Avatar


denpic
10.19.2012 , 05:20 PM | #119
I find this topic funny its a mmo you're expected to group form friendships play together
The whole notion of separate queues is absurd I mean if you think your at a disadvantage form a group
I predominately solo queue and have never been affected by the rampant
Hordes of premades supposedly ruining every war zone
There seems to be Alot of players on this forum that will blame everything on anything but themselves and their team for their losses

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
10.19.2012 , 05:30 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
I find this topic funny its a mmo you're expected to group form friendships play together
The whole notion of separate queues is absurd I mean if you think your at a disadvantage form a group
I predominately solo queue and have never been affected by the rampant
Hordes of premades supposedly ruining every war zone
There seems to be Alot of players on this forum that will blame everything on anything but themselves and their team for their losses
If they actually socialized with the other 50% of their team it would be fine. Having a warzone with premaders is like having a group finder queue pop and no one says anything during the entire run. It's not like they are trying to attract solo queuers to join their friendship.