Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

foxmob
11.23.2012 , 04:51 PM | #1131
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
You hate solo queuers beyond belief and would rather field a 8-man ops in normal warzones because the other 4 PUGs are usually idiots. But you would hate the idea of the solo queuers having their own queue even though they constantly ruin your PvP experience? You are basically saying that you and your guild are so bad that the only way you would win a warzone is if you play mini ranked in normal warzones against pure PUGs. I don't even see how that can be considered fun unless you are psychopath or something.
no. but he does contradict himself. he hates solo queres and doesn't want them in his guild or his ops. but he wants them to continue to queue in the same pool as his grps so that his queue time remains short. except when the queue pops, he doesn't like it because he's playing with (or against! omg!) solo queres.

I don't know what server he plays on. an oceanic one, I take it? iunno. so I can't speak for his server. but pops on my server are very fast 20/24 hours, with multiple matches at any given moment. there's a plenty large enough pool of players for solo vs. solo. and a separate grp Q (of which solos could still Q). so the argument about queue times is a myth. I'm absolutely positive of that about Jedi Covenant (North America). again, I can't say that about other servers, but I really do laugh out loud when I hear that argument and then think of my own (PvE) server.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

filipesantana
11.23.2012 , 05:15 PM | #1132
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
You hate solo queuers beyond belief and would rather field a 8-man ops in normal warzones because the other 4 PUGs are usually idiots. But you would hate the idea of the solo queuers having their own queue even though they constantly ruin your PvP experience? You are basically saying that you and your guild are so bad that the only way you would win a warzone is if you play mini ranked in normal warzones against pure PUGs. I don't even see how that can be considered fun unless you are psychopath or something.
no...wrong

i dont mind going agsidnt other premades...actualy i guet frustrated when the other team is extremely bad, it ruins the pvp exp for me when im going agaisnt aguy that backpadles half the map for example..theres no competition there.

i would play rated if the quues werent bad...

i jsut dont want bad queues in normal wzs, couldnt care less if i go agaisnt pugs or premades...thisn is, separate queue will make it the "premade" queue as bad as rated...and then i will be forced to solo queue with random terribad people...

Theodulus
11.23.2012 , 05:31 PM | #1133
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
i jsut dont want bad queues in normal wzs, couldnt care less if i go agaisnt pugs or premades...thisn is, separate queue will make it the "premade" queue as bad as rated...and then i will be forced to solo queue with random terribad people...
So it seems everyone knows what actually is killing PvP then. BW needs to do something quick and implement proper match making before no one is ever going to bother queuing for PvP. I guess the wealthy could donate warzone passes to F2P players to keep the queues going in the future as a band-aid solution lol.

DarthRaika
11.23.2012 , 08:26 PM | #1134
My point felipe was that with 1.6 the guilds that require x gear to be in their premade will have a larger pool and therefore there MAY be more premades (ftp'rs and others) and then the solo q might have a chance. In other posts/threads I've made it very apparent that I don't think split q would currently work without cross server. I'm a supporter of a simple matchmaking system along with mixed faction teams.

Also your cred from other games makes me laugh. Who proves that? Also, as having been in that type of guild before all that really means is that you were geared in another game and pvp'd a lot. You don't have to actually be skilled. Don't try to pull that.

I've known many good pvprs and led my own pvp guilds before back when I thought mmos were supposed to be a 2nd job lol so I know that is BS.

Maybe you are skilled, idk you, but what I do know is I have never played with someone who was very skilled and enjoyed pugstomping everyday. I mean sure I've been drinking with friends and had a great time pugstomping but it def gets boring after awhile. That is why I think you would be supporting at least matchmaking if you were truly skilled.

Doomsdaycomes
11.23.2012 , 09:34 PM | #1135
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Indeed we have well over a thousand responses, thirty thousand views and over 110 pages. That makes this the single largest thread ever ignored by the developers! Awesome job Bioware but if you continue to ignore us, then at least don't lie to us that you have a team that reads forum posts.

If you think this thread will just disappear, then you clearly have 0 idea of just how bad the state of PvP is. The thread will stay here but people from your game will keep disappearing instead! So yeah, keep bleeding yourselves to death, lose all the subs and destroy the most expensive game ever developed with:

A. Developer negligence (you are unaware of the issues with the current state of PvP)
B. Developer ignorance (you are aware of the issues with the current state of PvP but you just flat out don't care)
C. Developer incompetence (you are both aware of and care about the current state of PvP but cannot do anything about it for whatever reason)
D. All of the above?

Keep alienating your player base, we all know how beneficial it is for any MMO game! Keep up the good work!
=P Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Apparently they've read -some- of it, as I got a nice friendly warning for using an example of a friend becoming a prostitute (in amuch more graphic and negative sense). =P Maybe it was just what got reported (to which I say whomever reports such stuff just needs to grow up), but Good Job BW. Fix things like some mature themes but ignore the most important theme... >.< ya know, the 100+ page debate over "System Fine"/"Need Matchmaking"/"Need Split queue's."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, I'm glad to see many of whom I had pegged to be "Split Queue" advocates now turning to the "Matchmaking" advocate side. We may differ on the responsibilities of the individual, but atleast we can come to some logical argreements over the system.

foxmob
11.23.2012 , 11:48 PM | #1136
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
=P Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Apparently they've read -some- of it, as I got a nice friendly warning for using an example of a friend becoming a prostitute (in amuch more graphic and negative sense). =P Maybe it was just what got reported (to which I say whomever reports such stuff just needs to grow up), but Good Job BW. Fix things like some mature themes but ignore the most important theme... >.< ya know, the 100+ page debate over "System Fine"/"Need Matchmaking"/"Need Split queue's."
luls (I lul'd but this is just to meet the requisite word limit for a new post)
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

HaLeX
11.24.2012 , 12:51 AM | #1137
"""""i jsut dont want bad queues in normal wzs, couldnt care less if i go agaisnt pugs or premades...thisn is, separate queue will make it the "premade" queue as bad as rated...and then i will be forced to solo queue with random terribad people... """"""

Sometimes you do more harm to your cause by speaking up. I think this is one of those cases. You admit that group pvp unranked will be dead and I agree. Do you know why? Look in the mirror.

Lalainnia
11.24.2012 , 01:12 AM | #1138
They really need some sort of openworld pvp spot or advertise outlaw's den more and no that silly mission at the pvp terminal doesnt count. If it were possilbe they should set up some kinda tutorial...no idea how that would work tbh ,but somthing needs to be done to help new players L2P. I have seen my fair share of *omg wth happened moments*and it comes down to two things that I noticed the most in warzones with pugs. 1.most of the time that happens when im going up against a premade. 2. Because the players really don't understand thier class outside of a pve setting. (or they got them of ebay)

Bioware needs to have somthing that teachs them players how to play...Ik that sounds crazy but its starwars and alot of people know the name starwars so this game will have a great deal of people that prob never even played an mmo before let alone a computer game.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

DarthFamine
11.24.2012 , 02:52 AM | #1139
make it so ranked teams cant que for normals while in que for ranked

I think the gear fix coming in 1.6 will help alot of this issue
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

TonyDragonflame
11.24.2012 , 05:05 AM | #1140
Where are all these guilds from Guild Summit 1.2? Almost all these guilds gone.

Where are solo casual players since 1.2? Plenty of them still in game.

Bioware still dont have a clue who is their target auduience in the game. Its quite poor their game developers work.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN