Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cub-lover
11.23.2012 , 12:04 PM | #1121
those useless backstabbing pigs in blankets, dev team need to abolish premade groups for pvp all together yes theirs going to be god knows how many l2p or stop qqing posts to this one but who gives a flying S*** its the guilds like lord of the drinks that spoil pvp for my server but then again its also the retarded imperials i get stuck with and yes i know theirs gonna be stop pugging go with guildies blah blah blah that would be nice if i was i was in a guild that liked pvp after the 10-49 braket

Ionna
11.23.2012 , 12:54 PM | #1122
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
sigh....

pls answer this:

i pay as much as any "solo queue plox" guy....my wz exp is ruined by playing with randoms..since 90% of them are clueless mindless keyboard turning cliker zergrs.Why should i be obligated to queue with them?(yes because the queue times , as it is, if they get separated for premades they will get much worse)

i even get frustrated with the 4 randoms that join my premade side sometimes..
most of these solo queue people are unskilled keyboard turning clikers completely unaware of whats happening around them, tunnel visioning dpsrs..slow "without mouse over macros" healers ,..that dont use focus frame...focus interrupts...focus ccs....cant look at the game and understand when a quick swap is about to happen...and the list goes on...and on...and on, overall terrible pvpers that for some reason look at the final table and damage/medals will = skill.....this si the kind of people that never strives in rated pvp exactly for these reasons, and they fail to understand that the best way to improve is actualy with playing with others, learnign with others, creating synergie with your team!ASK any pro sponsored pvp player(not me..or anyone that plays swtor for the matter) what do they think, everyone will tell you about the value of teaming up to improve yourself.

i pay as much as you , i dont want to wait longer for queues..and randoms ruion my wz exp, why are these reasons less valid then the "i want solo queue" ones?

ps-if you loose, msot of the time is a matter of coordination and skill, its not about the gear gap(since bm can be obtained in 3/4 days and augmented is pretty close to wh)....also WH gear will cost wz coms in a couple weeks eliminating most of the gear gap.

(sorry for my english)
yes plz BW listen to this guy. He admits there are tons more solo quers and you need to make solo que separate from grp que or youll lose more subs and your game.....

DarthRaika
11.23.2012 , 02:48 PM | #1123
I think 1.6 might be bw's way of wimping out on this topic while trying to help it. By that I mean there are several major advantages that premades have and 1.6 will help with some of these.

1. Communication obv. - this patch does nothing but the average premade doesn't use this to its fullest extent anyway.

2. Composition - in swtor this is a big deal because beyond tank + healer combo we also have protection and we have the tankasin which is great against lower geared pugs. This patch won't do much here except it will help in some ways. Geared tankasins are so good in pugs mainly due to higher tier gear. With same gear they are good 1v1 but they need better gear than the other team to be great pvp dmg dealers since pvp dmg is about burst (they can still top the chart without better gear but that means they were throwing out a lot of trash dmg). Also, tank/op/sorc combos in matches like huttball will be less invincible to the average pug since they were relying on their composition + gear.

3. Gear - The premades that you see frequently are usually pretty hardcore. They play more than others and have better gear. Also, the horrible mess that is ranked allowed many of these mediocre or worse players great gear by wintrading (should be banned imo). Playing since release some of the major premaders that people think are good I remember them in same gear while in a pug and they were horrible lol. Its rare that you see hardcore premades in crap gear. 1.6 will help this in a major way! These premades will be more geared still and still have a decent advantage (a few % on an entire team is still pretty large but I think it is def reasonable and def beatable).

So gear is one of the major problems with premades and composition is greatly improved by gear. So 1.6 will help a lot in both of these respects. Premades will still have a major advantage but 1.6 should still help a lot.

Now matchmaking is still what we need but bw wimped out of that.

One interesting thing though is 1.6 might help the split q idea. I think we will lose some bad premades due to swtor becoming gw2 type excuses but with a lower barrier to entry of being a geared premade more people might want to form them. Idk if this will be the case in a large way but i'm sure at least a few more premades will form.

LeonHawkeye
11.23.2012 , 03:24 PM | #1124
There's a reason why World of Warcraft and other highly populated MMO's are overwhelmingly successful and we're not. An abundant of other superfluous reasons aside that do not pertain to the topic, they sure as hell do not force the horribly dysfunctional and terribly unbearable Premade Vs Pug atrocity on players and they fully support Cross Realm function. Arguing that this game is new, is no excuse, the company should have been wise enough to foresee this problem coming into the MMO industry, this is nothing short of a blind oversight and ignorance.

With the new influx of new and returning players, a queue for lesser geared/skilled and coordinated players looking for a casual experience is crucial. It's not a question of laziness, or being social or not, it's a matter of attracting and holding onto new players with the game experience. All it takes is 1-2 terribly one sided, unbearable games to repel players away from the said content (PvP) or the game entirely, permanently. Be realistic here, do you honestly think the vast majority of the playing population's first thoughts are going to be, "Oh gee, I just hit level 50 and had an absolutely terrible experience in PvP in this game, I want to do that again, I'll spend countless hours looking for geared players naive or generous enough to take me into their premade group and from now on constantly dance around other people's schedules just to avoid an unbearable game experience?" No, the answer is no, the average, casual, player (which constitute the vast majority of the playerbase) will simply quit, it is far easier and much less time restrictive and consuming. There are far too many games out in the market to settle for something so archaic, annoying and not to mention preposterously dysfunctional.

I play premades all the time, heII I just came out of one, we roflstomped 3 games in a row. I also suffer through solo play from time to time because I enjoy PvP an no friends or guild mates are around. I wouldn't so much say I have a bias one way or the other as I would say I grasp the overall concept of what makes MMOs attractive, fun and successful; a frustrating, relatively unavoidable or unreasonably time consuming problem for the average casual player is not part of that equation. Clearly PvP and arguably the game itself are slowly dying, this is one of the top 5 reasons why.

DarthRaika
11.23.2012 , 03:27 PM | #1125
Exactly Leon. It is not a question of laziness of puggers are the mediocres of premades even but one of money. If it stays the way it is most casuals do say F you to pvp.

filipesantana
11.23.2012 , 03:40 PM | #1126
Solo queue does not fix pvp...Solo queue wont make you loose less...solo queue is unfair for those who like to team up and dont want longer queues(which will be a result of seperate queues)...solo queue wont " keep subs" and avoid people leaving...

poeple need to understand something....

the pvp comunity ISNT the majority in mmos...so the "solo queue" beggers is FAR from being a number of concern if all decided to leave(people that ONLY pvp...) which wont ever happen...

no one was still able to tell me WHY are my reasons to NOT get solo queue less LESS valuable then yours.

1-randoms ruin my wzs due to the immense lack of pvp skill/knowledge
2-solo queue being seperate will make premade queues be extremely long
3-I pay the same as you, i dont want longer queues...

(and i could go on into this being a social game etc...but ahh well...sigh)

DarthRaika
11.23.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1127
I've been all for matchmaking I was just saying that maybe there will be more premades with 1.6. BTW you shouldn't be so sure that you aren't one of the mediocres relying on gear and composition.

filipesantana
11.23.2012 , 03:56 PM | #1128
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
I've been all for matchmaking I was just saying that maybe there will be more premades with 1.6. BTW you shouldn't be so sure that you aren't one of the mediocres relying on gear and composition.
my premades/guild dont acept people with no pvp credencials(from other games since there are none in this one)

and i have them..so ye, i doubt its gear and composition.Thats what "solos" dont understand...most of the time they dont loose to gear and composition..they loose because of everything else they lack.

DarthSabreth
11.23.2012 , 03:59 PM | #1129
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Exactly Leon. It is not a question of laziness of puggers are the mediocres of premades even but one of money. If it stays the way it is most casuals do say F you to pvp.
I agree, every MMO i have played, Pvp has been my past time in this game. I have made lots of friends and love playing in the guilds my friends are in. "I am not anti social" i love doing guild functions and doing group activities. I do concider myself a casual, I do enjoy getting the best PVP gear in the game and i love the road to getting geared, it gives me goals and a sense of accomplishment.

But <== the one thing that discourages me is pre made groups getting pited against pug groups, most of any MMO community are not pro's that spend 12 hours + playing they are casuals, casuals do not like going into a WZ and being "RE-ROLLED over and over and over again by the same premade.

What mystifies me is this game is supposed to be a modern AAA MMO, BUT <=== it has no cross server que system in place for pvp. We need the diversity of other players to pvp against, if there was a cross server que then you could seperate the premades directly to the ranked wz's and allow the new lvl 50's to get the gear they want / need to do ranked if they choose to do so.

BW what you have now is a very fustrating experiance that turns off those that would normaly stay to going to another MMO. Please instill cross server ques and seperate the premades from the solo ques.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Theodulus
11.23.2012 , 04:12 PM | #1130
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
Solo queue does not fix pvp...Solo queue wont make you loose less...solo queue is unfair for those who like to team up and dont want longer queues(which will be a result of seperate queues)...solo queue wont " keep subs" and avoid people leaving...

poeple need to understand something....

the pvp comunity ISNT the majority in mmos...so the "solo queue" beggers is FAR from being a number of concern if all decided to leave(people that ONLY pvp...) which wont ever happen...

no one was still able to tell me WHY are my reasons to NOT get solo queue less LESS valuable then yours.

1-randoms ruin my wzs due to the immense lack of pvp skill/knowledge
2-solo queue being seperate will make premade queues be extremely long
3-I pay the same as you, i dont want longer queues...

(and i could go on into this being a social game etc...but ahh well...sigh)
You hate solo queuers beyond belief and would rather field a 8-man ops in normal warzones because the other 4 PUGs are usually idiots. But you would hate the idea of the solo queuers having their own queue even though they constantly ruin your PvP experience? You are basically saying that you and your guild are so bad that the only way you would win a warzone is if you play mini ranked in normal warzones against pure PUGs. I don't even see how that can be considered fun unless you are psychopath or something.