Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

HaLeX
11.23.2012 , 07:54 AM | #1111
EA you need to address this issue as it is becoming worse and worse. Monetizing the cartel was a smart business move and it wasn't done too badly, but if you don't fix this issue, i'm afraid you will have far fewer players using your cartel market . Reduce the number of stuns and come up with a matchmaking system, anything. What is so difficult to understand? The players have spoken, except for the one guy who has made 50 posts defending the status quo.

CommanderKeeva
11.23.2012 , 08:45 AM | #1112
Indeed we have well over a thousand responses, thirty thousand views and over 110 pages. That makes this the single largest thread ever ignored by the developers! Awesome job Bioware but if you continue to ignore us, then at least don't lie to us that you have a team that reads forum posts.

If you think this thread will just disappear, then you clearly have 0 idea of just how bad the state of PvP is. The thread will stay here but people from your game will keep disappearing instead! So yeah, keep bleeding yourselves to death, lose all the subs and destroy the most expensive game ever developed with:

A. Developer negligence (you are unaware of the issues with the current state of PvP)
B. Developer ignorance (you are aware of the issues with the current state of PvP but you just flat out don't care)
C. Developer incompetence (you are both aware of and care about the current state of PvP but cannot do anything about it for whatever reason)
D. All of the above?

Keep alienating your player base, we all know how beneficial it is for any MMO game! Keep up the good work!
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Veniras
11.23.2012 , 09:07 AM | #1113
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
, then at least don't lie to us that you have a team that reads forum posts.
I'm pretty sure the community team hav read the thread and told the devs about the perils of PUGS. We are just not getting an answer.

hunterthesloth
11.23.2012 , 09:12 AM | #1114
i think there should be a queue for solo-ers, and a queue for premades, for unranked 50 and 10-49, so 4 different queues.
Imperial Entanglements
The Blackwalker Legacy
"...Your only hope for survival is complete and utter loyalty"
Its Star Wars not Ground Wars

TonyDragonflame
11.23.2012 , 09:29 AM | #1115
Looks like Bioware' developers themselves love play in premade on regular WZ and roflstomp pugs...
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Polebreaker
11.23.2012 , 09:44 AM | #1116
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I DO NOT notice pugs being grp'd with pugs while grps are with grps. I'm almost certain it's first come, first served.
All we know is one of the devs (I forget who) *said* many months ago back near launch that the que system did try to match groups against groups. But with 2-3 wz's running even in prime time, that leaves basically no room for even this basest kind of matchmaking to work without cross server....

Epic failure that x-server STILL isnt implemented, and that's really what this thread and the hundred others like it are really about. BW is STRONG in the excuses.

foxmob
11.23.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1117
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
please say you are joking about matching heal/tank/dps for wz... srlsy want that?
and about first come first serve, you can always wait 5 minutes (take weee weee, brush your teeth) and not be with same group you lost last time.
grp finder systems like that get abused in every mmo (ppl pretend to be tank/heals if they're a class that can tank/heal). however, I don't see how it's a bad thing to ask ppl to select a role and give preference to which team they play on based on those roles. but again, you're asking them to do a lot more work on the modification of code, and they probably aren't capable of doing this successfully. especially when you try to balance roles with ppl in grps. that sounds worse than trying to implement x-server to me -- at least as far as variables and restrictions/checks.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

filipesantana
11.23.2012 , 10:46 AM | #1118
sigh....

pls answer this:

i pay as much as any "solo queue plox" guy....my wz exp is ruined by playing with randoms..since 90% of them are clueless mindless keyboard turning cliker zergrs.Why should i be obligated to queue with them?(yes because the queue times , as it is, if they get separated for premades they will get much worse)

i even get frustrated with the 4 randoms that join my premade side sometimes..
most of these solo queue people are unskilled keyboard turning clikers completely unaware of whats happening around them, tunnel visioning dpsrs..slow "without mouse over macros" healers ,..that dont use focus frame...focus interrupts...focus ccs....cant look at the game and understand when a quick swap is about to happen...and the list goes on...and on...and on, overall terrible pvpers that for some reason look at the final table and damage/medals will = skill.....this si the kind of people that never strives in rated pvp exactly for these reasons, and they fail to understand that the best way to improve is actualy with playing with others, learnign with others, creating synergie with your team!ASK any pro sponsored pvp player(not me..or anyone that plays swtor for the matter) what do they think, everyone will tell you about the value of teaming up to improve yourself.

i pay as much as you , i dont want to wait longer for queues..and randoms ruion my wz exp, why are these reasons less valid then the "i want solo queue" ones?

ps-if you loose, msot of the time is a matter of coordination and skill, its not about the gear gap(since bm can be obtained in 3/4 days and augmented is pretty close to wh)....also WH gear will cost wz coms in a couple weeks eliminating most of the gear gap.

(sorry for my english)

foxmob
11.23.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1119
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
i pay as much as you , i dont want to wait longer for queues..and randoms ruion my wz exp, why are these reasons less valid then the "i want solo queue" ones?
you're making as much an argument for solo queues as against them. in fact, most of your post is about how bad it is to queue with solos, so..really...more of what you say supports solo queues. make of that what you will.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

TheRampage
11.23.2012 , 11:54 AM | #1120
Before f2p it wasn't problem. Now?

I find my self in WZ with people around 15k in recruit and half BM gear. Against 4 or mroe warlords.

I've seen 2 of those burn through 6 of my teammates in less then minute. What do you expect of us to do in this kind of fight? Yes, I'll wait for guildmates and quee with 3 of them tonight (healer, van dps and random dps). And you know what will happen? Same thing just on opposite side, seen that before, didn't like it, that is no fun pvp.