Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 04:43 PM | #1101
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
My friends and guildies will keep me in this game longer than any gear grind or "solo" content.

People still aren't getting it. People (Atleast for me) aren't saying "No change/system fine," what they are saying is "Split Brackets are a bad idea." Matchmaking on a criteria with safeguards to keep queue's low is the better idea, especially if it can be coupled with the player base rising to the level of the competition, rather than asking it to be lowered to them.
This. A thousand times this. I hate getting rolled by much better geared/skilled players as much as the next guy. Note that I'll at least admit that what I'm getting killed by are better skilled/geared players. Happens when I'm in a premade and when I solo queue. My response is to get better gear and get better skilled.

Quote:
I have a simple question, how many people would quit playing regular warzones if the queues were split, and the only one that popped regularly was the solo queue warzones?

I get the feeling the vast majority would simply suck it up, solo queue themselves and play in that bracket.

On the contrary, how many people that normally premade in the current system, refuse to solo queue when their friends are not online because they know its the only way to actually remain competitive? I'd say a majority. If all of those players are instead solo queueing because everyone is doing it, wouldn't that in turn improve queue times rather than hurt them?

I mean, I get that people want to play with their friends, but I think improving queue times and the competitiveness of warzones is more important when you want a thriving PvP community.

I premade, and I solo queue. I'd rather feel free to solo queue any time of the day and sacrifice the ability to premade, if it meant I knew the games would be 50/50 as far as how good each team is, and the pop times would be almost instant.
I'm gonna say it right now. If I couldn't play with my friends/guild mates whenever I logged on and was looking for PVP then I'd simply stop PVPing. I am not, by nature, a PVP player. I play MMOs to meet people, and achieve a common objective with them. The nature of this kind of gameplay is what I find attractive about MMOs, and my aversion to PVP otherwise is why I DON'T play FPSers online competitively. If they forced me to solo queue, an experience which I find perpetually frustrating when I do it just to grind out a daily, I would most likely stop PVPing altogether and stick to the PVE side of the game.

Like Doom said, my guild is solely responsible for my still having a subscription to this game at all. If not for them I'd have quit awhile ago. But we don't always have 8 people on, or if we do it's not the right composition. The great thing about normal warzones is you don't actually have to care that much about composition when forming premades in guild. Ask who wants to PVP, group up and go. All the fun of teaming up with none of the stress of making sure you're 100% competitive like what happens with ranked.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

LenrocNewDawn
11.22.2012 , 05:01 PM | #1102
So many of you have so many friends that you so want to play with at a higher level of competition and yet the ranked WZs are deserted. Truly mind boggling wouldn't you say?

We don't need split queues just don't let any pre-made face only PuGs in an warzone and I'm happy as a peach. Pre-made + PuGs vs Pre-made + PuGs is fine in my book. It will suck a bit at the beginning when ****** Pre-mades will face good Pre-mades but they'll soon just disband and solo queue hoping for a good pre-made to carry them. This way good 4 men pre-mades will have their competition in normal WZs, we get rid of the leeches and the games will be more balanced and fun with decent queue timers.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

LenrocNewDawn
11.22.2012 , 05:48 PM | #1103
Oh my dear god I've been invalidated. Shoot!!! And you nugget want ranked solo queue huh? Wouldn't you, dude with only 3 friends, like that? Tell me, when you are writing this down, do you do it with a straight face? Damn, it must be so easy to be you.... Well good night for now! Catch u lot tomm 0/.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

DarthSabreth
11.22.2012 , 05:55 PM | #1104
I have been clamoring for cross server pvp ques since launch, and i am mystified as to why they do not have them right now, i am assuming that they dont know how to do it.

Hint to BW, if the player base = your paying customers feel it is needed esp for pvp then hire someone who can make it happen. this is supposed to be a moderm MMO, not having a cross server que in place is hilarious at best and it certainly wont draw in those subs from the F2P you instilled.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 05:58 PM | #1105
Quote: Originally Posted by LenrocNewDawn View Post
Oh my dear god I've been invalidated. Shoot!!! And you nugget want ranked solo queue huh? Wouldn't you, dude with only 3 friends, like that? Tell me, when you are writing this down, do you do it with a straight face? Damn, it must be so easy to be you.... Well good night for now! Catch u lot tomm 0/.
Oh my bad. thought you were trying to have a discussion. So silly of me. Continue with your idiotic trolling then.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

BossDuane
11.22.2012 , 06:17 PM | #1106
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Here are some personal statistics over the past 3 days from solo pvp'ing on the Republic side of the Progenitor server. I used Recruit gear only at the start to see the incentive a new player will have. To see if he will keep playing pvp:

Played 38 matches over the course of 3 days:

Won: 4. Lost: 34.
Number of times queued against a premade (3 or 4 people from the same guild): 23
Number of times queued with a premade (3 or 4 people from the same guild): 2
Number of times lost against the Republic: 0
Number of times lost against the Empire: 34
Number of times won against the Republic: 4
Number of times won against the Empire: 0
Number of times grouped without a healer: 17
Number of times faced an enemy group without a healer: 1
Number of times faced an exceptional enemy group (4 or more players with War Hero title or above): 10
Number of times queued with an exceptional group (4 or more players with War Hero or above): 1
Number of times queued with an inadequate group (4 or more players in Recruit): 10
Number of deaths: stopped counting.

As you can see from this limited survery, queuing solo meant losing the overwhelming majority of the games (a ratio of 4-34), almost all of them against the Empire. I've been in 4 true PuGvsPuG matches and incidentally every single one of them was Rep vs Rep we won.

23 times ouf of 38 (all in Rep vs Imp) we faced three or more players from the same guild. On my team this happened twice but we lost those matches as well due to the fact that:

10 times out of 38 we had 4 or more people (!!!) in Recruit gear (myself included of course), whereas 10 out of 38 times we faced enemy groups where 4 or more people were sporting War Hero, Conqueror, Warlord etc. titles.

This was further compounded by the fact that 17 (!) out of 38 times our team did not have a healer. Only once was I in a match where I could not find an enemy healer to mark.

I did not exactly count how many times our group was utterly annihilated (0-6 huttball, 100-0% novare etc.) but there were a lot of instances where we could not hold a single node in Civil War. Coordination was ok, we always discussed tactics, 9 out of 10 times people called out inc but the general lack of healers AND the overall gear advantage enjoyed by the enemies AND the fact that 23 matches had 3 or 4 people from the same guild made sure that no amount of coordination would make a difference.

Look at the numbers and tell me why a new lvl50 would bother to play pvp again after this?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facing premades more than half the time (23/38) was part of the reason we kept losing but not the only part. The drastic lack of healers wasn't helping either. And the fact that in almost every 3rd match or so we had 4 people in Recruit.

I haven't tried pvp as an Imperial yet. I'm curious to do some statistics when I hit 50 to see if it's easier to level up somewhat as an Imperial.

I've seen many opinions by many people (some say it's fine, the majority call for changes) but I think there is something very wrong with pvp if solo queuing means autoloss.
If I were taking note of all those stats during a PVP match I would probably HAVE those stats as well. When I PVP I only get to see the name of the player who killed me when I'm dead coz I'm too busy fighting. May be you would do better if you focused on killing the enemy or doing objectives instead of writing down titles and guild names and what not.

Arkerus
11.22.2012 , 06:51 PM | #1107
While I am sure it varies for everyone, it does indeed seem solo players get dumped into teams with other solo players. The system, for convenience reasons definitely puts groups together. I have zero stats to back this up but it's definitely how it feels every day.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

foxmob
11.23.2012 , 12:13 AM | #1108
I DO NOT notice pugs being grp'd with pugs while grps are with grps. I'm almost certain it's first come, first served.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

KiranK
11.23.2012 , 12:25 AM | #1109
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I DO NOT notice pugs being grp'd with pugs while grps are with grps. I'm almost certain it's first come, first served.
They can't even implement a "healer/tank/damage" system for the PvP queue like they do for the FP queue. You REALLY think they even try to separate premades and PUGS at all? It's almost certainly first come, first serve, and that also means that the majority of your matches will be against the same opponents. You all get done at the same time and go right back in the queue at the same time. Queue mashes you together again, repeat whatever happened in the previous warzone. Talk about mind numbing.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Atramar
11.23.2012 , 03:27 AM | #1110
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
They can't even implement a "healer/tank/damage" system for the PvP queue like they do for the FP queue. You REALLY think they even try to separate premades and PUGS at all? It's almost certainly first come, first serve, and that also means that the majority of your matches will be against the same opponents. You all get done at the same time and go right back in the queue at the same time. Queue mashes you together again, repeat whatever happened in the previous warzone. Talk about mind numbing.
please say you are joking about matching heal/tank/dps for wz... srlsy want that?
and about first come first serve, you can always wait 5 minutes (take weee weee, brush your teeth) and not be with same group you lost last time.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013