Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Easpeak
11.22.2012 , 12:42 PM | #1091
I form premades because random PUGs are ruining my WZ experience.
Easpeak
Easpeax
Maedex
Heffalo

Arlanon
11.22.2012 , 12:52 PM | #1092
Pretty sad that people want WZs to be determined not by who has the better team, but by who has the worse team.

Why are people striving so hard for mediocrity

I can't believe these people actually graduated Sith School

DarthRaika
11.22.2012 , 01:26 PM | #1093
No arlanon. This game has a very low softcap for skill. You can def do better than others if you are much more skilled and less geared but mediocre players in great gear and in a fotm composition team can be very good when playing random pugs in recruit. This way these mediocre players think they are good and deep down they know it is their team. If they pug and suck they have some excuse and then go back to premading.

DarthSabreth
11.22.2012 , 02:21 PM | #1094
I feel your pain, ive been rolled by the same premade / pvp guild most of the afternoon, most people stoped queing because of this, the que times are usually around 3-5 min now there up to 15-20 min and general chat is ablaze due to this.

We need cross server ques

we also need group ques to remain in rated and solo ques to pugs, this wont be a problem if it was cross server, if you are a premade group then im sure that your leit skills wont suffer against an equally geared and matched team would it?
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Doomsdaycomes
11.22.2012 , 02:36 PM | #1095
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
No, just no, stop posting. I have never seen a more ignorant, self gratifying and blatantly wrong mentality than yours. Telling the vast majority of your player base they are "lazy" and need to play the game a certain way and only that way in order to avoid a frustrating and annoying experience is just plain childish. Being social is a choice, not requirement. Your attitude is a classic pretense to maintain something that benefits or gives an advantage to a small portion of a population mainly or only facilitating that small portion's comfort zone at the cost of the remaining population's. Telling and forcing your player base to play a certain way in an age of clear choices will only push them away from your horribly dysfunctional paradigm. While having options to go above and beyond, improve and conquer is reasonable, forcing your players into that being the only "fun" way to play will not go over well.Just stop.
So basically: "I just wanna play my way >.<" *throws tantrum*

And I'm the ignorant self gratifying one. The problem comes down to people thinking that somehow PuG-centric vs. Premading (or Social Play) is somehow two sides of a coin, or should be two viable play styles. They are -not- equal, as one is a tactic, and one is a lack there of.

The commando in strength armor is playing -wrong.-
The assassin who throws themself at two defenders over and over is playing -wrong.-
The person clicking 100% of the time instead of using keybinds is playing -wrong.-
The tank who doesn't taunt (or keep aggro) on the boss is playing -wrong.-
Etc...

Yes, everyone has a "choice" of how they want to play but that doesn't mean they are the correct choice. Everyone needs to PuG now in then, and everyone has those days or two where they don't wanna be bothered. Yet if you make the choice to queue solo most of the time, you should be prepare to accept you will be teamed with plenty of idiots, or plenty of undergeared people, and that your opponents may or may not be as badly handicapped.

Stop thinking PuG-centric vs. Premade-centric are two equally viable play styles, they are not. Sin tank vs. Jugg tank is an example of different playstyles.

(Ps. In case youre wondering, this falls into my point 3 which nearly all of my posts have followed my 3 point position, or have been used to show name-calling, assumptions, and falsehoods go both ways.)

Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
First coherent post you've made that actually makes valid points. Stick to this. Being against a Solo/Ranked Split Queue system is your opinion and right but it is clearly evident the vast majority of the player base and the game itself would benefit from it the moment it has the tools to support it (Cross Realm) stop arguing against it, the benefits of this system vastly outweigh it's costs. All we'd be losing is Pugs being roflstomped by Premades at the cost of little if any queue time increase when implemented in tandem with Cross Realm. Until then, thanks to people with your hilariously dysfunctional mentality we will have this -------->
I've post those 3 points specifically in at least 3 other posts, and pretty much every post I've made has been about 1 of those 3 posts, it really isn't my fault you haven't understood and/or read them.

The benefits for all do not outweigh the potential costs. First off, we have no accurate data on how the -majority- feel. We've had no poll, no data collection, metrics, etc... to decide what is the causing factor in players quittig/leaving PvP. It could be a number of things:

1. Gear Gap
2. Lack of Content
3. Premades
4. Economy
5. Boring Grind
6. Class imbalance
7. Faction Imbalance
8. Idiots
9. Learning Curve
10. Poor management
11. Angry Skydaddy attempting to smite ToR.

Of all those things, split brackets addresses 1, which is number 3. Meanwhile, it can cause a number of other problems:

1. No dependable backfill for group queue
2. No way to fill for partial premade.
3. No safeguards against longer queue times. If there are 15 pugs and 15 premaders in a split queue (need 16), they can sit indefinitely, effectively having 30 players who can't even -play.-
4. Potential lowering of skill. (Yep, just as PuG'ing -could- make you learn to fend better without support, it can just as easily not teach you how to deal with suported opponents, and even cause you to have no idea what to do -when- supported.)
etc...

fungihoujo
11.22.2012 , 02:45 PM | #1096
Meanwhile, on planet Earth- games that put premades in separate queues from solo play, have ranking systems and understand some people are here for fun and some for competition are being highly successful.

Now, let's take a look at planet Bioware, where their 300 million dollar game is f2p in less than a year. Why do you 'so called' good players want to be in the same queues as the people you call baddies so badly? You know there's no competition there.

If anything, YOU are the ones who should be asking for the premade queues, and for casuals and competitive players to be separated. I see you guys saying you play because you want a challenge, you love a challenge, everyone should love a challenge- yet all you do is defend having huge gear gaps that make the game easier for you, and being able to stomp pugs into the ground without effort in your premades.

If all you want to do is get easy pug-stomping, just say so, but don't pretend you want a challenge when any time someone suggests something that would make the game actually competitive for those who want competition you fly off the handle and rage at the very thought of it.

wadecounty
11.22.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1097
I have a simple question, how many people would quit playing regular warzones if the queues were split, and the only one that popped regularly was the solo queue warzones?

I get the feeling the vast majority would simply suck it up, solo queue themselves and play in that bracket.

On the contrary, how many people that normally premade in the current system, refuse to solo queue when their friends are not online because they know its the only way to actually remain competitive? I'd say a majority. If all of those players are instead solo queueing because everyone is doing it, wouldn't that in turn improve queue times rather than hurt them?

I mean, I get that people want to play with their friends, but I think improving queue times and the competitiveness of warzones is more important when you want a thriving PvP community.

I premade, and I solo queue. I'd rather feel free to solo queue any time of the day and sacrifice the ability to premade, if it meant I knew the games would be 50/50 as far as how good each team is, and the pop times would be almost instant.

Doomsdaycomes
11.22.2012 , 03:31 PM | #1098
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
If all you want to do is get easy pug-stomping, just say so, but don't pretend you want a challenge when any time someone suggests something that would make the game actually competitive for those who want competition you fly off the handle and rage at the very thought of it.
Matchmaking on a criteria would make the game more "competitive" than just splitting the queue's, without any of possible negatives that split queue's bring. I wonder why that answer isn't acceptable...

And oh ya... "Pug-stomping" is more competitive than not playing at all (ie, 30-60 mnute queue times.) Really though... if you don't like being eaten, stop being a sheep.

Doomsdaycomes
11.22.2012 , 03:36 PM | #1099
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
I have a simple question, how many people would quit playing regular warzones if the queues were split, and the only one that popped regularly was the solo queue warzones?

I get the feeling the vast majority would simply suck it up, solo queue themselves and play in that bracket.

On the contrary, how many people that normally premade in the current system, refuse to solo queue when their friends are not online because they know its the only way to actually remain competitive? I'd say a majority. If all of those players are instead solo queueing because everyone is doing it, wouldn't that in turn improve queue times rather than hurt them?

I mean, I get that people want to play with their friends, but I think improving queue times and the competitiveness of warzones is more important when you want a thriving PvP community.

I premade, and I solo queue. I'd rather feel free to solo queue any time of the day and sacrifice the ability to premade, if it meant I knew the games would be 50/50 as far as how good each team is, and the pop times would be almost instant.
My friends and guildies will keep me in this game longer than any gear grind or "solo" content.

People still aren't getting it. People (Atleast for me) aren't saying "No change/system fine," what they are saying is "Split Brackets are a bad idea." Matchmaking on a criteria with safeguards to keep queue's low is the better idea, especially if it can be coupled with the player base rising to the level of the competition, rather than asking it to be lowered to them.

wadecounty
11.22.2012 , 04:36 PM | #1100
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
My friends and guildies will keep me in this game longer than any gear grind or "solo" content.
How is queueing for a warzone solo content? Solo queued or not, you're going to play with and against other players. Maybe I just don't get it.