Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Feskitt
11.20.2012 , 07:04 PM | #1031
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.
LMAO, yeah, sure, keep telling yourself that, hero.

You're awesome.

Keep hiding behind your team. (you'd all prolly backpeddle, hiding behind each other)

Anyhow, to the adults, yeah, we know what it is, we know why it is, and so does the entire gaming world.

200 million, down the drain. The biggest fail in gaming history. And cowards are hiding in it. And doing every single thing they can to make sure their fantasy-land maintains. The only place where they matter.

Doing every thing possible to make sure they stay there. While pretending it's got something to do with them.

(wonder how many of them traded valor on Illum?)
Tracer Missile wasn't even close to a Merc's most powerful attack.
Suckwads spammed it, other suckwads lost to it.
Most apparently didn't even know they had an interrupt. Smart nerf, BW!

TridusSWTOR
11.20.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1032
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Tridus,

I pug 95% of the time because I absolutely despise pugstomping. The only time I do premade is occasionally on my pub chars since I know I will usually fight an imp premade during primetime.

I am not trying to keep the system as is. I HAVE PLAYED GAMES THAT HAVE HAD THESE SAME PROBLEMS AND THEN IMPLEMENTED THE SYSTEM I AM TALKING ABOUT AND GREATLY HELPED THE PROBLEM!

I don't premade often unless I know I will fight other premades. I prefer to premade since it is an mmo and teamwork is fun, however there is no teamwork needed to stomp recruit pugs and that bores even faster than getting pugstomped since at least then I can have some challenging fights and really work on my skills.
I'm sorry if my post seem like I'm hunting you down and only you. When I usually call out people it's more of a broad stroke. I do admit solo bracket won't work without cross server queue's, so I am up for more than one option to solve this problem.

I am not sorry for debunking false ideas like only matchmaking would help. So I will gladly continue to utterly destroy any argument presented in that case.

TridusSWTOR
11.20.2012 , 07:14 PM | #1033
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Man people don't read these days. I said I look for anything that resembles the most basic of team compositions. If I have one or two PvPers that are online in my guild we are grouping since our ultimate goal is getting a ranked team. I don't log in and say well hey they're a few of us online and even though we joined a guild to socialize and do group for anything really...lets just solo queue and see what happens.
You missed the point. Re-read things and come again please.

TridusSWTOR
11.20.2012 , 07:22 PM | #1034
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
*smacks self on the forehead, also know as *facepalm.*

Ya still don't get it.

Some solo players complain that the reason they can't be bothered to make 1-3 friends and play with them when available is a lack of "time."

Then their response is that Premade players should find 4 more people and do ranked, rather than play in non-ranked warzones. The same argument can be said for a Premade player, that they do not form exactly 8 people and do ranked because of time constraints.

The difference is that is the Solo player doesn't form into a group because of lack of time, they can still PLAY. If group oriented players can not form 7 other people (7 is greater than 1-3) for ranked (where ya'll say they should be) do to lack of time, that player CAN'T PLAY at all.

-.- in the age of equality, I think they forgot to tell people what inequality means.
Glad you admit ranked pvp is dieing, I guess that's par for the course since you did openly admit you want the game to die off unless you get your way. That being said...

So you are saying it's a issue for groups because they can't muster that one extra guy, hence the reason why they jump in normal warzones. Because that's the only reason why they are avoiding ranked pvp of course

Anyways,

So if you want to still be able to group with friends and join pvp matches and PLAY(since you like caps so much), how about a bracket for people like you....like 4 man or 2 man groups only bracket. Then you can actually PLAY while the solo queuer can PLAY and then everyone can PLAY.

Or we can stick with the current system, which does in fact let everyone PLAY but here is how it goes.
Premade PLAYS in a match
Pugs PLAY in the same match
Roflstomp happens.

Pugs STOP PLAY due to lack of further interest.
premades STOP PLAY due to nobody queueing anymore.

Hey but adding a solo queue bracket would only cause queue problems, unlike the current system which is "fine" according to most premades.

Muramxx
11.20.2012 , 07:31 PM | #1035
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.
The bads come in all flavors though. Seen them on PUGs and seen them on premades. It's fun when one on a premade team memebers thinks he is a ****** because he has a team holding his hand, and he decides to break off from a node and go after me as I am passing by in the distance thinking "it's a merc I killed him before when I had 2 healers healing me." then gets completely pwned inside of about 3 secs. Premades tend to hide behind one another which is fine by me (kind of the point) but as a PUGer I am use to throwing down with 3 players at once when it's just a 1 sided stompfest, so when that one guy thinks he is the **** cause he won last time cause he had 2 healers healing him and tries fight me one on one.... it's a rude awakening and I make it my personal mission to pick him out, suck him into the open and kill him over and over. Hell I might as well farm medals off killing that one guy 20 times, if the premade group is doing the same thing to my team.

Doomsdaycomes
11.20.2012 , 10:03 PM | #1036
Quote: Originally Posted by Feskitt View Post
Aint it neat how ALL OF THIS NONSENSE would be fixed if there were cross-server queues, with separate solo and group brackets?

It. Would. Fix. All. Problems.
Backfilling and filling for incomplete premades (2-3 players.) That logistical problem is not fixed by split queue's, therefore your answer doesn't fix all problems.

(Notice, a proper matchmaking that matches based on -some- criteria be it win/loss ratio, valor rank, or maybe highest average gear level ever equipped, would avoid the above issue, while serving the same purpose of the split queue system.)

What a bunch of wailing and crying and lying over such a simple fix. And it would be a fix. (makes me think it's really about something else)

ps. if you're not sure which side don't want things to change, the next time you queue solo and go against a PreMade, isolate someone on the other side. Go 1 on 1. You'll find out real quick which side is frantically lobbying against a fix, and why.
Won't ever happen. Even if you managed to get me "isolated" I wouldn't fight you. I'd either delay you till help arrives if I'm in a critical location, move to said critical location (and thus help), or simply allow you to kill me. Me fighting you in the middle of nowhere serves no purpose to team/objective play and I'd serve the team better by dying and redeploying to a critical location.

Doomsdaycomes
11.20.2012 , 10:23 PM | #1037
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Glad you admit ranked pvp is dieing, I guess that's par for the course since you did openly admit you want the game to die off unless you get your way. That being said...
1. Never said ranked wasing dying.

2. My quote is "I would rather see ToR die and be remembered for going down trying, than become so easy that logging in rewards you." Has nothing to do about getting my way, (which btw -my- way -is- to make it easier for PuG's to have "fun." You just never seem to understand it.)

So you are saying it's a issue for groups because they can't muster that one extra guy, hence the reason why they jump in normal warzones. Because that's the only reason why they are avoiding ranked pvp of course
Basic principle of equality. 2 = 2, 3 =3, 4 = 4.

Premades consist of an individual who has found 3 other like minded players and grouped with them. The individual is known as Premader, and he plays in a Premade.

A solo'er (or PuG) is a single individual who doesn't group. Now, the Solo'er loses to the Premader more, because his non-group (or random) loses to the Premader's group. The Premader tells the Solo'er that if they found 3 friends (a task the Premader has -already- done) they would have better chances.

The Solo'er replies that the Premader should find 4 -more- friends and do ranked (with a witty attempt to insult their macho-ness).

No matter how you look at it, on the basic principle of equality, you as the solo player are insisting that the Premader do -more- work than you are willing to do. 4 isn't equal to 3, 7 isn't equal to 3.

(Fyi, if you and I were working together, I would not ask you to clean a toilet if I would not do so myself. Yet by the above example, you would have me a clean a toilet because you are unwilling to do so.)

So if you want to still be able to group with friends and join pvp matches and PLAY(since you like caps so much), how about a bracket for people like you....like 4 man or 2 man groups only bracket. Then you can actually PLAY while the solo queuer can PLAY and then everyone can PLAY.
In that example, a 3 man group can not PLAY. In that example, if there are 14 premaders (of what ever set up of premades) and/or 15 solo'ers in queue, a total of 29 people can not PLAY.

Also in that example, if someone D/C's (or omg, misses the queue) in the Group Queue, that group is gimped the entire match.

Or we can stick with the current system, which does in fact let everyone PLAY but here is how it goes.
Premade PLAYS in a match
Pugs PLAY in the same match
Roflstomp happens.
Roflstomp happens not because the Premaders are "Good" but because the PuG's are "Bad." A Good PuG group can atleast meanage a close loss against a Good Premade.

Pugs STOP PLAY due to lack of further interest.
premades STOP PLAY due to nobody queueing anymore.

Hey but adding a solo queue bracket would only cause queue problems, unlike the current system which is "fine" according to most premades.
I haven't said the current system is fine. You are refusing to hear and understand my words and the balancing system I advocate.

Also, please note the death of PvP in the above example (PuG's Stop Playing due to...) comes from the PuG's giving up first, not the Premades. <.< Wouldn't that mean PuG's killed PvP?

gryhmr
11.20.2012 , 10:36 PM | #1038
This whole thread is a bunch of qq about not having friends or losing to people who play better in PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER. Its pretty pathetic.
Greggas - Shadow/Sin- The Bastion

Muramxx
11.20.2012 , 10:37 PM | #1039

ps. if you're not sure which side don't want things to change, the next time you queue solo and go against a PreMade, isolate someone on the other side. Go 1 on 1. You'll find out real quick which side is frantically lobbying against a fix, and why.

I am about 85% PUG 15% group. Try and take me 1v1. I built my merc around being a target. People look at me and think "Hey it's a merc and I am blah blah" because mercs are the worst PVP class because of utility. that's where skill comes in. I enjoy finding that one guy that is basicly being carried by his premade and thinks he is so good and getting him to pull noob mistakes, like chasing me down. If I am going to get PUGstomped I am going to find that one or 2 idiots, and farm them just like the premades are farming my team.

ctfred
11.20.2012 , 10:50 PM | #1040
I have always found pre 50 bracket fun since you do not need to worry about ppl with high expertise compared to fresh 50's.