Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

MarcoGouveia
11.20.2012 , 08:56 AM | #991
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.
i quote him cos he speaketh the truth.

TridusSWTOR
11.20.2012 , 08:59 AM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
moment they implement newbie single que brackets (like L 50 under 1100 expertiese), the moment I reitem my assassin to gank headless newbie pugs and make their life hard, oh the fun it shall bring.

I mean really. no one sees how it will be abused to make current 'not so bad not so good' system into total 'poop' ?
Because the current system isn't abused at all? I'm glad you accept trade winning and see nothing wrong with it.

TridusSWTOR
11.20.2012 , 09:00 AM | #993
Quote: Originally Posted by MarcoGouveia View Post
i quote him cos he speaketh the truth.
You mean the premades that don't do ranked because it's easier to pug stomp? I totally agree, glad we are on the same page.

Atramar
11.20.2012 , 09:04 AM | #994
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Because the current system isn't abused at all? I'm glad you accept trade winning and see nothing wrong with it.
I've never seen trade winning. You do it? Not good.

You can't fix if other team let's other one win.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Wainamoinen
11.20.2012 , 09:31 AM | #995
How is a group of random's joining a pvp match and meeting NEW people in pvp less social than a premade that runs with the SAME people over and over?
Pretty obvious. Playing with friends, it's a social activity. As opposed to briefly being in the same warzone with people you've never met, won't speak to, and will likely not see again.

Solo-pugging isn't "meeting new people", if you're honest. It's playing alone (the clue is in the "solo" part). And the most common communication you'll see in a pug group is some variant of "*** are you all idiot NOOBZ!!??111", which neither encourages continuing friendly relationships nor winning warzones.

Not that I'm really down on pugging, most of the time I solo PUG. Often because there isn't anyone I want to group with on, but usually because I don't want to deal with other people.

That doesn't make other arguments about PUGs and whether they should have a separate queue, or improved matchmaking, invalid. But claiming they're more social (like claiming PUGs are more skilled), is obviously bogus. Your other arguments would be more convincing if, in your rush to refute every last thing your opponent says, you avoided the temptation to claim PUGs are superior in ways that anyone not actively self-deluding can see they are not.

Oooo look. Over a thousand posts now. A tribute to grim determination.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

cycao
11.20.2012 , 09:38 AM | #996
You mean the premades that don't do ranked because it's easier to pug stomp? I totally agree, glad we are on the same page.
I saw someone make a post yesterday and I will paraphrase it because it was fairly spot on.

I hear a big reason for solo players not wanting to find groups to do normal warzones or guilds for that matter is they have limited playing time. Well this is true for a lot of players. I may only get a few hours or no time to do PvP in general. Now if I have 3 other guildies/friends online great lets get a group going. I am not going to spend an hour or so waiting to get any group together for rateds of the most basic group comp (2 tanks 2 healers 4 dps of ANY class) let alone get an optimized group together because I could be waiting quite some time for that let alone hoping another team is queuing up. I have spent an hour waiting for a rated queue to pop and thats not fun.

DirtyDusty
11.20.2012 , 09:54 AM | #997
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
moment they implement newbie single que brackets (like L 50 under 1100 expertiese), the moment I reitem my assassin to gank headless newbie pugs and make their life hard, oh the fun it shall bring.

I mean really. no one sees how it will be abused to make current 'not so bad not so good' system into total 'poop' ?
Yeah, you could but you might as well tatoo the words bully & loser across your head while your at it. Why would you enjoy a non competitive environment such as that anyway? To thump your chest in superiority? Thats lame.

TonyDragonflame
11.20.2012 , 10:07 AM | #998
Interesting, how long Bioware will be continue ignoring community in this problem?
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Atramar
11.20.2012 , 10:08 AM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDusty View Post
Yeah, you could but you might as well tatoo the words bully & loser across your head while your at it. Why would you enjoy a non competitive environment such as that anyway? To thump your chest in superiority? Thats lame.
just for fun, giggle, to annoy some one. why not to?ranked is ranked, pugging is pugging. why go pvp? to kill people, for competition I can go ranked.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

cycao
11.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #1000
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Interesting, how long Bioware will be continue ignoring community in this problem?
Maybe because they think its not an issue and unless they plan on introducing cross server queues separating groups and solo options would have a negative affect on queue times.