Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Crashes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

piquERA
10.15.2012 , 08:15 PM | #1
Ever since 1.4 the game crashes, almost without fail, every time I boot up and play for awhile (1-2 hours).

I'll admit, my system just barely meets the minimum requirements, but I play on all low settings; everything that can be toggled off is off (nameplates, anti-aliasing, etc). And still, I get crashes which Windows reports as being due to "MemoryMan32.dll" or "kernel32". I'm assuming this has something to due with the recent performance optimizations and my lackluster system? RAM being maxed due to character models loading/cast animations?

What's going on, and how can I fix it? This is getting to the point where it's almost unbearable. Middle of a ranked WZ? Crash. Standing around on the fleet waiting for a queue pop? Crash. I had no such problems prior to the 1.4 update. Game played just fine, no crashes or insane amounts of lag. Any info to help alleviate the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Neoforcer
10.15.2012 , 09:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by piquERA View Post
Ever since 1.4 the game crashes, almost without fail, every time I boot up and play for awhile (1-2 hours).

I'll admit, my system just barely meets the minimum requirements, but I play on all low settings; everything that can be toggled off is off (nameplates, anti-aliasing, etc). And still, I get crashes which Windows reports as being due to "MemoryMan32.dll" or "kernel32". I'm assuming this has something to due with the recent performance optimizations and my lackluster system? RAM being maxed due to character models loading/cast animations?

What's going on, and how can I fix it? This is getting to the point where it's almost unbearable. Middle of a ranked WZ? Crash. Standing around on the fleet waiting for a queue pop? Crash. I had no such problems prior to the 1.4 update. Game played just fine, no crashes or insane amounts of lag. Any info to help alleviate the problem would be greatly appreciated.
See the 12 pages of other people having your issue. Your welcome to try some of the stuff CS has suggested but most likely your screwed at this point

Sutii
10.15.2012 , 09:48 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello piquERA,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this problem. I understand you may have tried a variety of troubleshooting steps already but I would like to ensure that you have tried all those available for an issue of this nature. In order to investigate this further could you please reply to this thread with a DXDiag and Reliability Reports. Information on how to obtain these can be found in the spoilers below:

Please post them within [spoiler] [/spoiler] tags.

DXDiag report
Spoiler
Reliability Report:
Spoiler
Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

piquERA
10.15.2012 , 11:08 PM | #4
DxDiag:
Spoiler

The reliability report didn't work for me. Got to the program, but couldn't gather/find any data. Different set up in Vista?

Also, what I previously called "MemoryMan32.dll" is actually just "MemoryMan.dll". Game crashed again and caught that this time. Dunno if that helps though.

Sutii
10.15.2012 , 11:54 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello again piquERA,

Looking over the DXDiag report you posted I note that you are missing Service Packs for your version of Windows and additionally your Graphics drivers are considerably out of date. With that said could you please ensure that you have checked each of the points in the following spoiler:

Spoiler
If you are still encountering this issue after checking all of the above, please reply here including an updated DxDiag report. Information on how to obtain this can be found here.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

piquERA
10.20.2012 , 01:40 PM | #6
Everything's updated. Still getting crashes. Windows still reports them as being due to "kernel32" or "MemoryMan.dll".

Give it to me straight doc, am I just SOL with my current system?

Updated DxDiag:

Spoiler

Beesodd
10.20.2012 , 02:35 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi piquERA,

That system is quite close to the min spec. You might have some luck if you disable any background processes(multiple browser pages, for example) while you play. You might wish to try starting with a clean boot, and see if this improves the issue for you.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.