Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group bug - Companions out in full group.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Group bug - Companions out in full group.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karmix
10.15.2012 , 10:18 AM | #1
Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. On a few occasions (not a lot) we have been in full groups with four real people. That said, when we enter a zone or heroic instance everyone's companions are there as well. They keep showing up even when you put them away. It's fun doing 4 man stuff with 8 characters, but they are not needed.

Anyway, it doesn't happen in Flashpoints. Only normal grouping and the occasional heroic quest.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Joesixxpack
10.15.2012 , 10:20 AM | #2
Twice that I can remember, both in the BH area heroic.

SentinelDranoel
10.15.2012 , 10:22 AM | #3
no but I love it. I would love to see that. I am one of the people that wants 2 companions out at one time. Also at least 6 people in flashpoints and heroics, why you ask? The more the merrier to me. I wish there was a all 5 companions out bug, and it took bioware months to fix it.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

lpope
10.15.2012 , 10:36 AM | #4
Yes, I've had this twice before and both times it was the End of Torvix heroic area.

Kazyon
10.15.2012 , 11:17 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by lpope View Post
Yes, I've had this twice before and both times it was the End of Torvix heroic area.
Same, that's the only place I've seen it. They even came back after the elevator, which usually doesn't happen in a group of more than 2.

CenturioXIV
10.15.2012 , 11:20 AM | #6
I've had it once but in the heroic area on Ilum, on republic side

uziforyou
10.15.2012 , 11:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
no but I love it. I would love to see that. I am one of the people that wants 2 companions out at one time. Also at least 6 people in flashpoints and heroics, why you ask? The more the merrier to me. I wish there was a all 5 companions out bug, and it took bioware months to fix it.
Good god I hope not. There are too many folks already that have trouble controlling one character in a group. If they had their companions out too (especially more than one) there'd be CC's broken everywhere and extra groups pulled...........no thanks!
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

AllisonBerryman
10.15.2012 , 12:30 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the report - we are looking into it!

Arlon_Nabarlly
10.15.2012 , 12:32 PM | #9
Confirmed this happened to me. My companion didn't dismiss when joining a party of 4 players for Torvix. So we essentially 5 maned it (not that it was needed)

Maxumus
10.15.2012 , 12:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for the report - we are looking into it!
On the other side of this issue when in a group of 4 for warzone Qs or something similar even with group members on other planets your companion will not auto call when changing zones or dismounting a speeder. It considers you 4 people in the area and you need to manually summon every time. Mostly seems to occur if someone is in the black hole area.