Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How far can you RE droid parts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How far can you RE droid parts?

JnEricsonx
10.15.2012 , 05:40 AM | #1
Ok, my Cybertech Jugg is working on making droid parts for my Jedi Knight and Trooper, and I was curious. I RE'd a bunch of basic parts, that were blue, and scored all 3 higher tier recipes for the piece, ie Critical/Overkill/Redoubt. However, these are all purple recipes, and as such, require purple underworld metals. My question is, can these droid parts be RE'd even further, to a second tier of purple, like most items tier 1 purple get? If so, it seems DAMN expensive to do that, having to get purple materials, then waste them, but if Critical/Overkill/Redoubt is as far as the non-customizable parts are, thats fine.

Memo-
10.15.2012 , 05:44 AM | #2
They can indeed.
Farís | Maliris | Välí | Sopraano | Sakkó | Jauhé | Bas'so | Rai'chu | Hedelmâ | Dela-jaakko | Véres | Hálal | Rai'jin | Banthan
Delaráh | Stilva | Luccía | Tenorí | Baritoni | Ethawn | Kuiva | Weímar | Altto
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy

JnEricsonx
10.15.2012 , 06:02 AM | #3
So, the droid parts can go to 2 tiers of purple? Bloody hell. I won't be trying that the char hits 50, or worst case, between my cybertech and my artificer, I just make a bunch of orange parts and make the mod/enhancement/armorings? Just wondering what would be cheaper overall.

parmie
10.15.2012 , 06:54 AM | #4
Yep, you've pretty much understood droid parts. You can either make or get upgradable droid parts so that seems the way to go. The thought of burning away mando iron on wasted RE is pretty unthinkable just for droid parts.

It's easier on a trooper, they share aim so looking at end game, surplus dailies rewards can be used to get droids to a good state.

If you have cybertech you might as well make upgrades instead