Remove stuns from warzone

DarthWoad

Its a simple thing to do considering the resolve is completely broken, more than half the time you're in combat you're stunned. Its the main reason that I dont PvP

The stuns are fine. In 1.1 - 1.1.5 we've had the same number of stuns and roots (except carnage marauder which managed to gain 1). The problem is the TTK. With the lowered TTK stuns no longer have to be strategic. in 1.1-1.1.5 if you didn't use stuns strategically they would be useless. The sheer number of stuns in this game are what differentiates TOR from any other active MMO out there.

Edited by Yeochins

While despite the fact that there are 38,000 threads in the PVP Forums Section and only 6,000 in the PVE Flashpoints & Operations Forums, and 3,000 in the Story & Lore forums (which would indicated to me this game has more of a PVP following/interest), the devs simply don't care about PVP in this game. They are catering to the casual pve crowd for its sustained duration hope. Edited by SOULCASTER

PvP without CC is just dull.

CC and stuns though, while similar, are different. There can still be plenty of CCs in game while toning down the amount of stuns.

I'll be honest with you, I think the stuns are so bad in this game that even the PVE NPCs are starting to complain.

In SWG certain stuns, roots, holds, etc. were disabled for PvP it was all just damage and healing. While that made certain builds harder to use it was unnoticed after a while because PvP just became a war. If you cannot survive without stunning or rooting someone to death then your build is inherently broken anyway.

In SWG certain stuns, roots, holds, etc. were disabled for PvP it was all just damage and healing. While that made certain builds harder to use it was unnoticed after a while because PvP just became a war. If you cannot survive without stunning or rooting someone to death then your build is inherently broken anyway.

Class. Just try playing sorcerer with zero roots. Tell me how far you get.

It made it a buff up and zerg fest with almost no point than to get more numbers to show up.

Would be hilariously awesome for a game to follow the model of one that flopped and closed though; while already flopping.

Class. Just try playing sorcerer with zero roots. Tell me how far you get.

I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating: I get that roots & slows are an essential survival (and dps) element in ranged (especially sorc/sage) classes. however, there still has to be a limit to how often you can root & snare someone. the abils are abused to kingdom come. they're necessary to get away. and they're necessary to create time to dot up an opponent, but they're also used to root someone who's already been cc'd beyond all recognition. I don't get it. if you try to stun someone who's already been stunned 3 times, his resolve is full, and he's not (e.g., cryo'd). guess what? he keeps coming and kills you mr. commando. oh well. that's part of the game. you shouldn't be able to escape via your root + snare all the time. sometimes you just gotta eat it and die. I think it's silly that something so patently CC, such as root, doesn't factor into resolve in the first place. have your root, sure. but suffer with the rest of us when a bunch of idiots fill up your opponents resolve.

I'll be honest with you, I think the stuns are so bad in this game that even the PVE NPCs are starting to complain.

LOL - great line. :)

PvP without CC is just dull.

+1

Not being able to stun people would turn warzones into even greater melee dps-fests than they already are. Stuns force everyone, melee included, to introduce a bit of finesse to their game.