Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trouble connecting to server..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Trouble connecting to server..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alyssis
10.13.2012 , 09:42 AM | #1
For some reason lately. i've been having trouble connecting to the server..

I usually have to try 5-10 times, and sometimes even more, before it works.. Usually what happens is, i start the game, type in my password, and starts play. Then theres the loading screen, and suddenly i need to select server. Some times, i can join a different server, but most of the time, it has connection issues.. So i have to quit the game, and start over. This i have to do over and over again, before it works..

Now however, i cant connect at all.. I've tried to do this again and again for the last 20 minutes, without any luck.. I've followed all the things you suggest for connection issues, and restarted my pc, as well as the router and modems, and everything.. The server is online, and everything else seems to work just fine.. But i cant connect to the servers for some reason..

Alyssis
10.14.2012 , 01:09 AM | #2
i've never bumped a thread before, but im desperate.. And i was kinda hoping for some help here..

Tirvaak
10.14.2012 , 01:17 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Alyssis,

I'd like you to try a flushdns to see if this helps with your connection issue. Open the start menu and type in "cmd". Right click on the icon and run as admin. Enter the command "ipconfig/flushdns" (excluding the quotation marks) and press enter.

After this start up the launcher and try to login again.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Alyssis
10.14.2012 , 05:45 AM | #4
Doing this emptied the resolve-buffer, but did nothing on my connection issue..

Still cant connect..

Tirvaak
10.14.2012 , 05:56 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Alyssis,

How long exactly has this issue been occurring for you and what server do you normally try to connect to?

Thanks.

Alyssis
10.14.2012 , 06:12 AM | #6
Its been ongoing for the past 3 weeks, but usually earlier, i got in after one or two retries.. Lately, its been more like once every 30 or so times..

Trying to connect to Tomb of freedon nadd, but i cant connect to any of the other servers either..

I cant understand why its happening tho, seeing as sometimes it works, and others it doesnt.. Ive tried two times now, where i tried the repair function in the launcher, and i managed to connect once then, but quitting and starting again, and the problem is there again..

Tirvaak
10.14.2012 , 07:11 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Alyssis,

Thank you for that, I'd like to rule out the possibility of another program or process on your system causing the issues you are encountering. To do this I would suggest performing a clean boot and try to play the game to see if the same problems occurs. You can find the instructions on how to perform a clean boot from the Microsoft website on this page.

I hope this helps.

Alyssis
10.14.2012 , 07:27 AM | #8
Hey again!

I did this now, the clean reboot, and the first attempt was a success so far.. At least i got to connect to the server, and on the first try.. I'l let you know ifit works out after a couple of more tries now, and later today!

Thanks tho, at least i can play a little now! =)

Tirvaak
10.14.2012 , 07:34 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Alyssis,

That's great, I'm glad to hear that got you back in game. That leads me to believe that there is an active process on your system that is causing this problem. At this point the best way to find the problem is to follow the remaining instructions on the clean boot page I linked.

Please do let me know how you get on and have fun back in game.

If you need help with anything else, let us know and we will do what we can to assist.

Thanks.

Alyssis
10.18.2012 , 12:19 AM | #10
So, a little update to this issue...

The first time i tried the clean boot thingie it worked.. The second, and every other time now, it hasnt.. For some reason, it seems like luck wether i get in or not.. I cant find anything that could possible cause this..

No matter what i do, it has a connection error when i try to log on to the servers..

Im trying to find out if its something to do with the firewalls, but all the swtor programs are on the good list, and i even try to turn of the complete firewall to see if it works then.. But nothing..

Im really frustrated about this.. And i dont think that its even your fault, its more likely that its something on my pc.. I just cant find it..

Im all out of ideas now, and i really dont know what to do.. I've spent an hour now, trying to get in, and no luck whatsoever.. Restarted the comp several times, and more.. Resetted the internet, repaired the launcher..

Im hoping that anyone here has any new ideas that i havent tried..