Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is The Clone Wars still good?


JediShakespeare's Avatar


JediShakespeare
10.13.2012 , 08:30 AM | #1
I just watched the clone wars for the first time in a while and I was confused. Maul has metal where his crotch once was. Ahsoka has 2 lightsabers and significant *ahem* bust, and Onderon is back for the first time since KOTOR 2. I'd like your opinions on how the show has changed, if its gotten too ridiculous, and if you think the show is better now than before (if you think it ever was good at all). I stopped watching for a while after they turned the dismissed the Karen Travis style of mandalorians.

epicfear's Avatar


epicfear
10.13.2012 , 08:35 AM | #2
you sound like you missed ALOT, including a large portion of ahsoka's character development, he entirety of asajj's revenge arc, the whole savage oppress searching for his brother maul arc, and deathwatch torching an entire village of innocent noncombatants and using droids as target practice (Literraly)
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

SNCommand's Avatar


SNCommand
10.13.2012 , 09:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by epicfear View Post
and deathwatch torching an entire village of innocent noncombatants and using droids as target practice (Literraly)
Is it just me or did all of that get overshadowed by the fact that Ahsoka, a character that previously weren't allowed to kill living people because of design choice I guess, chopped off the heads of four people with the same care as I swat flies
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.13.2012 , 09:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Is it just me or did all of that get overshadowed by the fact that Ahsoka, a character that previously weren't allowed to kill living people because of design choice I guess, chopped off the heads of four people with the same care as I swat flies
Hinty, hint, hint of turning to the darkside? I mean I know those people were bad, but a jedi wouldn't just kill 4 people without any remorse or anything of the sort(unless of course sith I suppose). Your really only seeing jedi kill droids here, I mean hell even Anakin was torn between killing Dooku and he was the main enemy.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.13.2012 , 10:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Hinty, hint, hint of turning to the darkside? I mean I know those people were bad, but a jedi wouldn't just kill 4 people without any remorse or anything of the sort(unless of course sith I suppose). Your really only seeing jedi kill droids here, I mean hell even Anakin was torn between killing Dooku and he was the main enemy.
I could see Ahsoka turning to the Dark Side. What with everything that's happening on Onderon with that love triangle.

Yes, Jedi try to avoid killing people unless absolutely necessary. It's one of the first things they are taught by Cin Drallig. Avoid decapitations and amputations. Only disarm your opponent and force his surrender.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.13.2012 , 10:53 AM | #6
I still like 2D CW better, the villains are much more dangerous and cunning. We got a super powerful GG, Durge and Ventress, I also like them to let Dooku mostly stay behind the battlefield and let others do the job for him. In TCW only Maul is threatening enough. That's why I think Maul's return and Satine are the best things in TCW.

SNCommand's Avatar


SNCommand
10.13.2012 , 01:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Hinty, hint, hint of turning to the darkside? I mean I know those people were bad, but a jedi wouldn't just kill 4 people without any remorse or anything of the sort(unless of course sith I suppose). Your really only seeing jedi kill droids here, I mean hell even Anakin was torn between killing Dooku and he was the main enemy.
I never got the notion though that it was very dark sideish, just overly brutal, she wasn't particularly angry or hateful, and it was because she was surrounded by death watch soldiers

I am on the side though that hopes she goes over to the dark side, would be an interesting turn storywise, and is a good explanation for why she's absent during episode III, why no one wants to mention it and they don't find Anakin a suitable jedi master

But I have my doubts, the show might take a too dark of a turn for what's still technically a kid's show, but I guess I can still cross my fingers
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

epicfear's Avatar


epicfear
10.13.2012 , 01:34 PM | #8
There has to be a finale someday, and in all likelyhood during that finale they will be allowed to get away with alot darker stuff than normal.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.13.2012 , 02:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
I never got the notion though that it was very dark sideish, just overly brutal, she wasn't particularly angry or hateful, and it was because she was surrounded by death watch soldiers

I am on the side though that hopes she goes over to the dark side, would be an interesting turn storywise, and is a good explanation for why she's absent during episode III, why no one wants to mention it and they don't find Anakin a suitable jedi master

But I have my doubts, the show might take a too dark of a turn for what's still technically a kid's show, but I guess I can still cross my fingers
I think it would make a good foreshadowing between Anakin vs Obi-Wan.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
10.14.2012 , 10:49 AM | #10
"Still?"

You lost me on that one haha.

TCW is still destroying history within the SW universe. ow Onderon / Iziz is the latest victum....
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.