Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disconnecting since servers came back up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Disconnecting since servers came back up
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stealios
10.12.2012 , 05:52 PM | #1
Today I was just playing warzones/walking on fleet and everything was fine. then servers were down etc. etc.,\

Now they've been up for a while, but I keep disconnecting from the game every 5 minutes or so.
I've checked my internet and setting and everything, but it's not my connection. I'm even typing this as I disconnect from the game again.

Please fix this.

PS: Anyone else having this ridiculous issue since today?

Beesodd
10.12.2012 , 05:55 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Stealios,

Please run the repair function from the launcher, and clear your game cache, and check if these steps help.

To clear the cache, navigate to the game folder, and then the swtor subfolder. In there, delete the file named DiskCacheArena. This will be recreated when you restart the game, and hopefully will help with your issue.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Stealios
10.12.2012 , 06:05 PM | #3
Will try that.

Also: awesome quick response

Stealios
10.12.2012 , 06:14 PM | #4
UPDATE: This did not work. Repaired launcer, cleared cache, restarted launcer just to be sure. Started game to disconnect after 10 seconds

Also I don't crash to desktop or anything, just to the server select screen and i can log straight back in

Jmenks
10.12.2012 , 06:15 PM | #5
can this also be a fix for the constant desktop crashes since 1.4?
Xekshek
Saber of Exar Kun
http://www.twitch.tv/xekshek

Stealios
10.12.2012 , 07:34 PM | #6
Issue is still happening. It's been about 3 hours of disconnecting every 5 mins now.
Across different characters.

Beesodd
10.12.2012 , 07:41 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks, i'm sorry to hear this is ongoing.

Can you please restart your computer with a clean boot, and check if the issue persists. Also, just so that everything's fully checked, please remove and re-add the game and launcher to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions lists. Also check that there's no files being quarantined.

I know this issue started today for you, but there was a patch, and perhaps it changed how your system interacts with the game, leading to the problems you're having.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Stealios
10.12.2012 , 08:49 PM | #8
Sadly none of these things worked

I'm hoping it's just one of those things that for some reason solves itself in the coming days

pmurie
10.12.2012 , 08:59 PM | #9
If people are being kicked and wz is kicking everyone, it sounds like u need to reboot your server Bioware!

Stealios
10.12.2012 , 09:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by pmurie View Post
If people are being kicked and wz is kicking everyone, it sounds like u need to reboot your server Bioware!
Also happening when just standing on fleet, and it's just me that gets booted. No one else from that wz.