Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation gearing vs. Flashpoint gearing

TrumpetNut
10.12.2012 , 05:20 PM | #1
So I want to get Columi or Rakata trooper PvE armor but i want to know how fast an operation is and if it is just as fast, faster, or slower to get the gear from HM flashpoints or operations. (personally the columi helps me more cause set bonus but rakata looks way cooler.)

Khevar
10.12.2012 , 05:27 PM | #2
A flashpoint will be faster than an operation. Most operations have more difficult trash that is harder to skip. There are also more boss fights that tend to take longer.

However, a flashpoint will generally only drop one Columi token, where an operation will drop quite a bit more. On the other hand, you can only do an operation once per week, but you can run flashpoints as often as you want.

TrumpetNut
10.12.2012 , 05:30 PM | #3
So will a columi token for trooper drop every time on a HM mode flashpoint with a full group?

grallmate
10.12.2012 , 06:20 PM | #4
An Operation will drop 5 slots worth of gear, 2 tokens per slot. Each token will be specific to a base class ie: trooper, smuggler etc. So in an Operation you could get all 5 slots or you could get none. A Hard Mode Operation will drop Rakata tokens and also Columi ones while a Story Mode will drop Columi tokens and Tionese gear pieces. In a HM Op you can potentially get 2 slots per boss, 1 Rakata and 1 Columi but you would probably need to be carried through these if you aren't already in Tionese/Columi gear. When planning an Operation, set aside 2-3 hours. It's possible to do them in under 1 hour, but generally only if your team knows the Op and each other pretty well.

HM Flashpoints take about 30 minutes each when you skip everything and about an hour if you don't. They'll drop 1-2 Columi tokens and a handful of Tionese pieces.

It's also worth noting that Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Campaign and Dread Guard all have the same set bonuses and you can mix and match pieces from any set to get those bonuses. For example, 1 Tionese, 2 Columi and 1 Rakata will still give you the 4 piece set bonus.

EDIT: The tokens that drop from both Ops and HM FPs are random class but will always be one of the classes that is in the current group.