Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do us loners get punished once we reach level 50?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why do us loners get punished once we reach level 50?

Mable
10.12.2012 , 04:42 PM | #1
I've reached level 50 with my Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior characters, and I feel I have hit a dead end with them in the game. My understanding is that I've would need to do some HM FP do get better gear as my next step.... but everytime I have played with people i don't know, it turned out to be a not-such-good experience. Many people, who are experts in these FP can be greedy, impatient, or just plain mean. I do have a friend who I play with, but of course 2 are not enough to complete these FP (even though JK and Warriors my favorite types, in my opinion, they are the weakest of all classes).

I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies. It would be nice to make the FP in such way that 2 can play and have the game adjust to the twosome's capabilites, and maybe complete it twice to get the same items as one group of 4 can get in one try.

grallmate
10.12.2012 , 06:24 PM | #2
Honestly, if you want to play solo then you have finished the game once you finish the class story. Sure there are other things you can do like hunt datacrons, finish bonus series, do dailies and so on, but after 50 the single player game is finished.

For a solo player its like GTA. Once you finish the story you can still run around and kill stuff (or try for 100% completion), but that's about it. On the plus side: you have 6 more single player games to play thanks to the different class stories.

Jessnjam
10.12.2012 , 06:36 PM | #3
Well, I was a solo player until I got to know people. If you ever want someone to level with, I'm Bemra on the Shadowlands.

True, you do suffer unless you out yourself out there. Just try and do heroics with some people, and you may get lucky and play with someone amazing, who is nice.
Healing like a boss.
Ref link: http://www.swtor.com/r/SNj997

Henu
10.12.2012 , 06:48 PM | #4
Your playing a MULTI player game.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

TheOne
10.12.2012 , 07:06 PM | #5
It can be daunting and uncomfortable grouping with strangers and just let'in it go,...some people are just real a%^holes, kinda like the real world. You will find decent people in pug FPs thou and you'll complete many of them, you have to work at it and learn the content.
If your warrior classes are Jugg/Gurd re-spec to dps and replace ALL OF YOUR GEAR with the mk recruit pvp starter gear. Then using the extra cash from running dailies and FPs, replace your implants. Continuously be building your health and armor rating, FP's will become easier. If you follow these simple bits of advice , one week from now you'll look back at this thread and say "what the hell was I thinking , this is so easy".

RanisTheSlayer
10.12.2012 , 07:24 PM | #6
You're playing a massively multiplayer game. Get over yourself.
Ranis
Lethal Dose Fifty
Jedi Covenant's #1 DPS Sage
Server First 8M and 16M HM Terror From Beyond 5/5

Karasuko
10.12.2012 , 07:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mable View Post
I've reached level 50 with my Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior characters, and I feel I have hit a dead end with them in the game. My understanding is that I've would need to do some HM FP do get better gear as my next step.... but everytime I have played with people i don't know, it turned out to be a not-such-good experience. Many people, who are experts in these FP can be greedy, impatient, or just plain mean. I do have a friend who I play with, but of course 2 are not enough to complete these FP (even though JK and Warriors my favorite types, in my opinion, they are the weakest of all classes).

I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies. It would be nice to make the FP in such way that 2 can play and have the game adjust to the twosome's capabilites, and maybe complete it twice to get the same items as one group of 4 can get in one try.
I understand where you are coming from.

But like so many ahve said this is a MMO not a single player RPG.
What you can do has been stated here but try this.
2 man HM flash points.

Some will be impossible to do but some will be completeable with clever pet use.

ScarletBlaze
10.12.2012 , 07:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RanisTheSlayer View Post
You're playing a massively multiplayer game. Get over yourself.
Did you not read that the person has grouped but found jerks so has made the grouping very unpleasant? I can understand the problem there are people that act like jerks when you pug which is why the grouping can be unpleasant and most want to avoid it.

When people act like that you don't want to be in a group with them.

And comments like this just make things worse.

To the op: Maybe try finding a guild or getting to know some people before you group with them. It might make your experience better and more enjoyable.

I know I only group with my friends and guild because of the problem with some of the people that are in the pug.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Setsugetsuka
10.12.2012 , 08:08 PM | #9
Quote:
I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies.
So you're soloing an MMO cause of bullies? Dude, really..

Khasur
10.12.2012 , 09:07 PM | #10
Best thing to do is join a mature guild. If you're on Prophecy of the Five, join The Omega Knights. Never had a problem.
Prophecy of the Five
Zarael - Jedi Sentinel Zyrael - Sith Sorcerer