Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toy Lightsabers!

lorddakar
10.18.2012 , 12:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MazakMatsura View Post
^That's simple to do.

^That's Impossible to do. Sorry.

Well, you're limited by technology and reality here, You can get a lightsaber with full sized hilt, a very bright LED, rechargeable battery and electronics for LED driving and sound effects, and a covertech belt clip system (the ones that were used from EP. 1 to EP. 3) However, you will not ever get one where the blade is simply not "there" until you activate it, trust me, I've built well over 100 LED sabers in the past 11 years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75582472@N07
Actaully there were toy lightsabers that had the blades all the way in the hilts then when you hit the button the the blade went out.
:█:▀▀▀▀▀▀i‾δP████████████████████████████████████)

LordAnduin
05.11.2013 , 04:22 PM | #12
In theory, you could make a sectioned lightsaber with a LED string illumination, with them set at different sides of each section. it would have to be spring loaded, or you could make one that would flip out with a wrist flick. Or you could wait 50 years to buy a real one. If you aren't a maker, check out "genesis custom sabers"

LadyKulvax
05.11.2013 , 04:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAnduin View Post
In theory, you could make a sectioned lightsaber with a LED string illumination, with them set at different sides of each section. it would have to be spring loaded, or you could make one that would flip out with a wrist flick. Or you could wait 50 years to buy a real one. If you aren't a maker, check out "genesis custom sabers"
Please don't necro very dead threads.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order