Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Toy Lightsabers!


masterleonidas's Avatar


masterleonidas
10.12.2012 , 04:33 PM | #1
We all know we do it. All us Star Wars fans have a toy light saber around just waiting to battle someone. I know I do. Heck, I still practice. I want a really cool toy light saber. I want a light saber that has cool effects and easy to carry. Let me describe it for you.

I want a toy light saber that is only hilt till you activate it. I don't like the light sabers that have blade exposed, or the ones that you can put in the hilt at all. I also want a full blade. I'm tired of have to whip out the blade only to have pull all the sections tight before I start battling. It would also be nice if the hilts had a place to clip to a belt loop on your pants.

To recap and summarize. I want a light saber that has none of the blade sticking out until you activate it. I want the blade to be full and not sectioned. I also want it to have cool but only optional sound effects and lights. I also would also like to be able to clip it to a belt loop on my pants.

I know this sounds like a lot to ask, but we all know it's possible. Now I want to hear your comments on the toy light saber. What would you like to have on your perfect toy saber? And, If you say you want a real light saber, watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAAZ9...eature=related

if you want the short version, watch this

http://science.discovery.com/tv-show...ight-sabre.htm

Captain_Lurker's Avatar


Captain_Lurker
10.13.2012 , 09:47 AM | #2
So... you want to be Henchman 21?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-OmFsuql3g

masterleonidas's Avatar


masterleonidas
10.13.2012 , 11:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Lurker View Post
So... you want to be Henchman 21?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-OmFsuql3g
it would still have a plastic blade and it you are talking about the specific science one it won't phase through things, it will actually cut through things and burn things.

MazakMatsura's Avatar


MazakMatsura
10.13.2012 , 06:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by masterleonidas View Post
We all know we do it. All us Star Wars fans have a toy light saber around just waiting to battle someone. I know I do. Heck, I still practice. I want a really cool toy light saber. I want a light saber that has cool effects and easy to carry. Let me describe it for you.
^That's simple to do.

Quote: Originally Posted by masterleonidas View Post
I want a toy light saber that is only hilt till you activate it.
^That's Impossible to do. Sorry.

Quote: Originally Posted by masterleonidas View Post
I don't like the light sabers that have blade exposed, or the ones that you can put in the hilt at all. I also want a full blade. I'm tired of have to whip out the blade only to have pull all the sections tight before I start battling. It would also be nice if the hilts had a place to clip to a belt loop on your pants.

To recap and summarize. I want a light saber that has none of the blade sticking out until you activate it. I want the blade to be full and not sectioned. I also want it to have cool but only optional sound effects and lights. I also would also like to be able to clip it to a belt loop on my pants.
Well, you're limited by technology and reality here, You can get a lightsaber with full sized hilt, a very bright LED, rechargeable battery and electronics for LED driving and sound effects, and a covertech belt clip system (the ones that were used from EP. 1 to EP. 3) However, you will not ever get one where the blade is simply not "there" until you activate it, trust me, I've built well over 100 LED sabers in the past 11 years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75582472@N07
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

spectreclees's Avatar


spectreclees
10.14.2012 , 05:37 AM | #5
I still have my plastic green lightsaber from when Episode 2 came out? Maybe? I think it was modeled after Yoda's. If not that one then Episode 1, Qui-Gon's. It's beat up from having epic fights with friends.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
10.14.2012 , 10:45 AM | #6
I don't haha.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Sentinel-Jordal's Avatar


Sentinel-Jordal
10.14.2012 , 02:58 PM | #7
It's possible but dangerous...
There is a rumour that some ppl made a lightsaber witrh some chemicals but it exp°loded...
Some scientist was talking about to heat the air inside a magnet field to plasma. This will look like a lightsaber but will recuire a machine as the size of a tank and the plasma would be so warm that you would die if came close to it...
So there is a LONG way to go to real lightsabers....
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

masterleonidas's Avatar


masterleonidas
10.16.2012 , 05:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
It's possible but dangerous...
There is a rumour that some ppl made a lightsaber witrh some chemicals but it exp°loded...
Some scientist was talking about to heat the air inside a magnet field to plasma. This will look like a lightsaber but will recuire a machine as the size of a tank and the plasma would be so warm that you would die if came close to it...
So there is a LONG way to go to real lightsabers....
remember this in my first post
And, If you say you want a real light saber, watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAAZ9...eature=related

if you want the short version, watch this

http://science.discovery.com/tv-show...ight-sabre.htm

the short version is only like 3 minutes so i suggest watching one of them so you can see real lightsabers are just a little out of reach. makes a lot more sense if you watch the long one though.

masterleonidas's Avatar


masterleonidas
10.16.2012 , 05:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MazakMatsura View Post

However, you will not ever get one where the blade is simply not "there" until you activate it, trust me, I've built well over 100 LED sabers in the past 11 years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75582472@N07
i had one that was in the hilt until you activate it. it's in my closet now. it was an obi wan model. it was spring loaded. If the saber was like that, but sprang out with enough force to not need to pull to sections tight, then I would be content

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
10.17.2012 , 05:10 PM | #10
Practice with one? Ha! my friend and I practically have an Anakin/Obi-Wan duel in terms of scale and (admittedly) skill!