Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enlighten me...Need a reality check Assassin.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Enlighten me...Need a reality check Assassin.

wezli
10.14.2012 , 08:13 AM | #41
this thread has renewed my faith in this community... i just about crapped myself when I seen most of the first few pages of people actually trying to help soljin.... I mean it was very strange to see more than one person trying to help figure out how to better a player and not call him names, it was even more uplifting to see the OP not complaining about the spec but trying to learn about it.. thank you people for being awesome and no need to nerf assassins ... clearly it's the operatives who need nerfing

DragooGC
10.14.2012 , 08:45 AM | #42
We could call for a true Balance of all classes.

Everyone gets one gun
Everyone gets to shoot one way
Everyone can move 4 directions

Kinda sounds like Tanks on the Atari 2600 (yes, I had one)

I know many people that played Consular were unhappy about the way Infiltrators played. They were like the fat kid picked last for a game of kick ball. They posted on the Class Feedback thread started by the Devs. The Devs read it and based on the general consensus they adjusted some things. Now we have a place in WZ and raids.
<No Fear Dojo> Sith Empire <Galactic Council> Republic Dreamweave-Operative HealerDragoe-Shadow Tank(Shadowlands)
THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!!http://youtu.be/w3XH3EhOkHM

LordExozone
10.14.2012 , 03:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
Losing a duel in seconds on a Fully WH character that I have played Since the start, and have above average skill on...Not great, but above average..Seems a bit off. I dont Blame Sins, I blame TTK, and Resolve to be honest..
In seconds is a bit of an overstatement as just the AOE slow + a tactical force push followed by a saberthrow as you run away from him followed by a force charge just before he catches up with you should ensure that the fight is not over in seconds, even if you do loose.

I do agree that Shadows/Sins are probably the top 1vs1 class atm, they are the class I look least forward to facing on my AP Powertech, as they are even a better counter to that spec as it is dependent on an aoe (prototype flamethrower) and mostly elemental attacks.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Soljin
10.14.2012 , 03:49 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
In seconds is a bit of an overstatement as just the AOE slow + a tactical force push followed by a saberthrow as you run away from him followed by a force charge just before he catches up with you should ensure that the fight is not over in seconds, even if you do loose.

I do agree that Shadows/Sins are probably the top 1vs1 class atm, they are the class I look least forward to facing on my AP Powertech, as they are even a better counter to that spec as it is dependent on an aoe (prototype flamethrower) and mostly elemental attacks.
Not trying to be a "Smart Alec" but "In Seconds" To me means anything under 60..AKA a Minute. And it was used as a vague description on purpose to note that I dont know how long it was...But it was very short If not I would have said a specific number of seconds......

On that note I took one of the folks in this threads advice and Went back to Vengeance for a fresh perspective....I re-itemized my gear a bit to get my crit up to 30% (35% Buffed) and added a some accuracy back into the mix so as not to miss in my rotation...and kept my Surge @ 75%.

Maybe not perfect but good enough to give it a try....I was actually having a great time and Unstoppable just made PvP more fun period....Im not CC'd nearly as much, and have some control...I dont post the big numbers anymore but I am wayyyy harder to kill and single target I can really chew someone up....Was great fun running some matches today and kinda brought me back around.

So thanks to the PvP community... you all really did help and thanks for all the advice from everyone.
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

LordExozone
10.14.2012 , 04:52 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
Not trying to be a "Smart Alec" but "In Seconds" To me means anything under 60..AKA a Minute. And it was used as a vague description on purpose to note that I dont know how long it was...But it was very short If not I would have said a specific number of seconds......
Fair enough, to me it seemed to indicate the lower end of the spectrum in your case as you seemed particularly distressed at how fast you were killed. Any DPS class can destroy another DPS class "in seconds" if you consider that to be up to a minute.

In any case, it's worth a try but I doubt you will do much better with Vengeance. I never found the spec particularly effective versus assassins. You will be marginally more effective than Rage vs assassins as you use less force attacks and are not reliant on an AOE, but with the rather incredible amount of CC they have they will be able to negate most of your ravages and without those Vengeance does not have near equal dps output as Rage.

In the end they still have the upper hand in terms of dps/survivability ratio, and you will be less effective against pretty much every other class except maybe AP Powertechs (30% AOE damage reduction) and maybe Snipers (60% AOE damage reduction but only when entrenched). However Vengeance is much more interesting (and imo more fun) to play
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Soljin
10.14.2012 , 05:59 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
Fair enough, to me it seemed to indicate the lower end of the spectrum in your case as you seemed particularly distressed at how fast you were killed. Any DPS class can destroy another DPS class "in seconds" if you consider that to be up to a minute.

In any case, it's worth a try but I doubt you will do much better with Vengeance. I never found the spec particularly effective versus Aasassins. You will be marginally more effective than Rage vs assassins as you use less force attacks and are not reliant on an AOE, but with the rather incredible amount of CC they have they will be able to negate most of your ravages and without those Vengeance does not have near equal dps output as Rage.

In the end they still have the upper hand in terms of dps/survivability ratio, and you will be less effective against pretty much every other class except maybe AP Powertechs (30% AOE damage reduction) and maybe Snipers (60% AOE damage reduction but only when entrenched). However Vengeance is much more interesting (and imo more fun) to play
The thing that really helped today was the CC immunity.....

Yeah you may be right on multiple counts......Vengeance is for sure more fun to play. I was also anticipating having having a tougher time in 1v1 combat... but today did not show that result I managed to win every possible match up today including against sins.... of course I didn't win them all but I won enough.
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

Z-ToXiN
10.14.2012 , 07:40 PM | #47
Good to hear your having fun, even if it meant trying something else. I kinda wish I had a Jugg myself, I like tanking on my Assassin but just for a change of pace.

The other night I was duelling against a Rage Jugg, and I didn't have any difficulties at all defeating him. Its just the way the classes are, Assassins can do a lot to stop or delay that smash, which Rage is completely built around. The longer they go without smashing, the worse it gets, as even when they hit one they then have to wait for the cooldown... and then the delaying starts again. In practice though this goes by really fast,as an assassin can kill the Jugg while allowing them to only get 1 smash off.

Here's something for thought: would a Rage marauder be a better 1v1 class than a Rage Jugg? So far I have had great success in duels on my Rage mara in pre-50s, even against people of similar or higher levels, both in wzs and open world duels. Force camo I find particualrly useful in duelling. But how is it at 50, considering similar gear levels?
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos