Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You did this to benefit you, now how about us?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
You did this to benefit you, now how about us?

Thylbanus
10.12.2012 , 12:50 PM | #1
Just before the end of the second quarter, you handed out those free month "loyalty" rewards to offset subscription loss to the next quarter. This benefited you by making it appear that things weren't as bad as they actually were. Now that many have lost the ability to play, either through service/patching errors or malaise, why not offer it again? Show that you care about the gamers that are paying your bills.

Looks like not every game company out there is out of touch with their customers. Look.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Thylbanus
10.12.2012 , 01:24 PM | #2
Let me guess, 4 hrs during non-peak time means that it was "reasonable and understandable."

Hmph...
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

FunkyOne
10.12.2012 , 02:24 PM | #3
I'm not going to say this didn't suck... but I can't say I care if they give me a free month for the >$15 I write off mentally before I even have it. Can't even go to the movie theatre during a matinee with snacks for that.

Thylbanus
10.12.2012 , 02:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FunkyOne View Post
I'm not going to say this didn't suck... but I can't say I care if they give me a free month for the >$15 I write off mentally before I even have it. Can't even go to the movie theatre during a matinee with snacks for that.
This service interruption is just the latest in a list of many failures by EA. I'm just saying that if they can manipulate us with a free "loyalty" month for their sole benefit of not upsetting their investors, how about taking care of us?

VarKoE
10.12.2012 , 03:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
This service interruption is just the latest in a list of many failures by EA. I'm just saying that if they can manipulate us with a free "loyalty" month for their sole benefit of not upsetting their investors, how about taking care of us?
well 4 hours out of a month is 8 cents. But are you complaining about a free month regardless.

Himeji_Endless
10.12.2012 , 04:56 PM | #6
Small minded people ... 8 cents to you are thousands of dollars to the company to pay out if they had to refund us ALL - they could just give out free play time as they make it back w/ future downtime anyways as the game is always crashing and screwing up. Give a free day, take it away later ... easy.

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

-Holmes
10.12.2012 , 05:13 PM | #7
So you get one maintenance during your peak hours and you feel entitled to a free month of play-time.

APAC players get nearly every maintenance starting at 3PM earliest, and it can last all the way to midnight. That's our whole peak-time gone, nearly every maintenance. Should WE also get a free month of play-time everytime we get a maintenance?

But okay, let's have it your way, and BioWare does not interrupt the service to do anything. Imagine you're still playing the original release, no patches, no updates, no nothing.

AAAAND, on top of everything else...
Quote:
15. Updates to EA Services

IMPORTANT: EA MAY FIND IT NECESSARY TO UPDATE, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS TO BALANCE GAME PLAY AND USAGE OF EA SERVICES. THESE UPDATES OR "RESETS" MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE RELEVANT GAME WORLD AND MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS, GAMES, GROUPS OR OTHER ENTITLEMENTS UNDER YOUR CONTROL. EA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE THESE UPDATES AND IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR THESE CHANGES.
Extract from http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section8

You know, the ToS you agreed to when you registered an account and started playing?

Thylbanus
10.12.2012 , 05:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
So you get one maintenance during your peak hours and you feel entitled to a free month of play-time.

APAC players get nearly every maintenance starting at 3PM earliest, and it can last all the way to midnight. That's our whole peak-time gone, nearly every maintenance. Should WE also get a free month of play-time everytime we get a maintenance?

But okay, let's have it your way, and BioWare does not interrupt the service to do anything. Imagine you're still playing the original release, no patches, no updates, no nothing.

AAAAND, on top of everything else...

Extract from http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section8

You know, the ToS you agreed to when you registered an account and started playing?
For one, this was a server crash, not an update during peak time. They just used the time to implement a patch. Not to mention the poor performance issues and random crashes that many experienced since the 1.4 "update".

All I ask for is good customer service.

Two, I ask that they test these patches, updates, etc. and heed the responses rather than, like launch, ignore the testers and go ahead and implement it anyway.

ToS should be damned, because...

Here is another game that has a similar ToS that said, "Damn the ToS, we messed up." and provided...

Good customer service.

If they can give away a free month to pad their numbers for their investors report, they can give us something for our loyalty.

Icebergy
10.12.2012 , 06:52 PM | #9
Stop being greedy. That is all.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Thylbanus
10.12.2012 , 09:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Stop being greedy. That is all.
Show me you aren't greedy and pay for my month.

I still can't figure out how getting what I pay for is somehow greedy.
It's like going to a Spagos and ordering the Filet Mignon and getting a serloin from Outback. Sure the serloin is still pretty tasty, but I paid for the Filet.