Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obi-Wan/Samwise the true heroes of their stories.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Obi-Wan/Samwise the true heroes of their stories.

Rayla_Felana
10.13.2012 , 08:23 AM | #11
Now you see this purist train of thought irks me.

The movie trilogy was never meant to be a purist adaptation of the novel, it was meant to be Peter Jackson's own take on the novels, he applied this sense to what he did throughout the entire shoot and production:

Stay true to the very core elements to the story, but do not add in anything from the book that is purely excessive(Barrow downs and Tom Bombadil) and takes away from the main quest of the series, the Fellowship's main journey, then make sure everything is adaptable to screen and remove/add things that would add to the experience for a movie audience.

I think that was essential, especially when the Council of Elrond in reality would be it's own short movie if adapted straight from the book.

Now enjoy the book, etc... but please don't turn this into those types of Tolkien purist threads where people nitpick ever little change made.

_biddan_
10.13.2012 , 08:26 AM | #12
wrong...R2-D2 is the true hero.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Maccha
10.15.2012 , 03:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
Interesting - I can see where you are coming from - but is Obi wan the true hero of Star Wars .....or is it R2-D2???!!!
It was R2-D2. GL even said it somewhere.

Aurbere
10.15.2012 , 03:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Now you see this purist train of thought irks me.

The movie trilogy was never meant to be a purist adaptation of the novel, it was meant to be Peter Jackson's own take on the novels, he applied this sense to what he did throughout the entire shoot and production:

Stay true to the very core elements to the story, but do not add in anything from the book that is purely excessive(Barrow downs and Tom Bombadil) and takes away from the main quest of the series, the Fellowship's main journey, then make sure everything is adaptable to screen and remove/add things that would add to the experience for a movie audience.

I think that was essential, especially when the Council of Elrond in reality would be it's own short movie if adapted straight from the book.

Now enjoy the book, etc... but please don't turn this into those types of Tolkien purist threads where people nitpick ever little change made.
I agree. I read and enjoyed the books, but I also loved the movies. They adapted the story very well, but didn't implement anything that would detract from the main story. Plus, Howard Shore's music was awesome. The music from Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are the only pieces of symphony music have so much emotion in them. At least recently. Beethoven and such are also very good.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus