Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First Bad Experience With Flashpoints

Vegabond
10.14.2012 , 07:30 AM | #21
Ignore lists ftw, even blacklists for other guildmates

It happens to me everyday, hopefully 1.5 will extend the ignore list page by 2

ScarletBlaze
10.14.2012 , 10:04 AM | #22
This is why my friend refuses to group with pugs. She said she do it with friends or our guild but pugs no way. She said this is not worth the aggravation dealing with people like this.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

uniz
10.14.2012 , 12:13 PM | #23
the hms now are nothing more than a race to the end with some of the dumbest means to skip mobs. i have seen people waste time for a group member to run back after a fall death which then afterwards only to kill the same single mob they were trying to skip. i have seen others jumping over three tents in which if one person missed one then you have one or two groups to kill. if the same people went to the left there is only one strong or regular to kill if you didn't avoid it. people have become totally stupid in this mob skipping mini game.

i have also had a sage use rescue to constantly pull people she thought was too far behind in the group. i has at half health healing up after a encounter and this person "rescued" me out of healing up. totally idiotic and went on my ignore list after the hm. stupid is as stupid does.

i just don't get it though. i too have done all of the hms several times. enough to get four (4) toons bh geared out and when i wait in queue 15-30 min i kinda want to enjoy the run and not make it a race. i don't mind skipping some mobs mind you but when i cant get my healers power back up after a boss encounter it is just too much. i refuse to solo queue in the lfd with my healer for some time now.

sometimes i think the worse thing that was done was putting in bh coms as the final reward. perhaps it should have been one per hm boss killed and or one per stage of the bonus quest. this would have solved a LOT of issues i have encountered. then with the stupidity i have seen maybe not.

Kharlian
10.14.2012 , 02:19 PM | #24
Most people in this game are kinder to new players. But you will surely meet the "hurry, hurry, skip, skip, spacebar, spacebar" kind of guy. But its not a big problem. Keep using the groupfinder.

chuixupu
10.14.2012 , 03:33 PM | #25
So far, I've been lucky to only have one bad FP experience. Also, it was fortunately short and sweet.

I was playing a healer and I get into a BOI that appeared to be already somewhat in progress. This is already a red flag, because I figure it means either the last healer left, or they booted him. It's 3 members of a guild, they're definitely all fresh 50s, and they're sitting at that first trash pull that you can easily skip . Problem is, if you've wiped a couple of times, you can't pass them anymore, they'll aggro on you.

So, they get on their speeders and charge through, and die. We all get back in, and they want to try to do it normally, but they all just charge in and the dps just take on a whole pack of silvers on their own, taking massive damage, so despite my best efforts I can't keep everyone up. I say "you may want to consider using CC and having dps focus on the same target"

I get vote kicked. I Put everyone in that group on ignore.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SleepyKing
10.14.2012 , 09:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
the hms now are nothing more than a race to the end with some of the dumbest means to skip mobs. i have seen people waste time for a group member to run back after a fall death which then afterwards only to kill the same single mob they were trying to skip. i have seen others jumping over three tents in which if one person missed one then you have one or two groups to kill. if the same people went to the left there is only one strong or regular to kill if you didn't avoid it. people have become totally stupid in this mob skipping mini game.
QFT.

I would guess about 70% of group wipes I've experienced have been because of the trash-skipping game. It most commonly happens when one person accidentally steps a pixel out of line, pulls a mob and the team gets slaughtered because they're all spread out and not prepared for combat. Or when you try and carefully bisect two mobs and end up pulling them both. So much time is wasted on these I'm all the time typing "let's just kill them" in the chat window. It's particularly prevalent in more open-world FPs like Taral V.

Flaminica
10.14.2012 , 11:28 PM | #27
In Ilum there's always one person who dies in the exhaustion zone while skipping mobs. I've also seen teams that wiped repeatedly trying to skip mobs they'd have been quicker just fighting.

The worst FP for mob skipping though is Directive 7. Multiple skippable bits that involve climbing, jumping and Mario-esque acrobatics, with detection and death as the price of failure. I routinely type after the first fight, "Please don't skip over the tent roofs" which always gets one snarky demand of why not, to which I always reply "Because I'm partially blind tyvm." Physical disability is generally an unanswerable trump card, but the odd team has ignored me and done so anyway, in which case I wait patiently and unmovingly by the first tent until they come back for me. I get away with this because I'm the healer.
Spearshakers
||

Webalienz
10.17.2012 , 09:18 AM | #28
While doing my daily for the regular FP, I got in with two very good groups. The second one was especially satisfying because three of us had never done the FP before (The Battle of Ilium). One member of our group had, and said that he normally runs the HM FP for it. So I'm assuming he was there just to do his daily as well.

Anyways, he was very good and explained the mechanics of it. He even asked if we were wanting to do the Bonus and was willing to go through and show us where to go to complete it. We only wiped once, and I think that's just because we dropped into an area and aggro'd two mobs at once.

So I just wanted to say a special thanks to "Vinh" on The Harbinger. I believe his guild was something like <ShadowOps>. Thank you for making the run very enjoyable and restoring my faith that there are some good people playing this game.

JumpOut
10.17.2012 , 09:57 AM | #29
I don't think it can be overstated that while speed runs are quite prevalent, treating group mates poorly is not. The crew that i normally group with does a lot of mob skipping, but if we pug a dps because we are short, we will defer to the pug. Plus, we don't really need the gear, so the pug gets first shot at the gear most of the time.

If you are having trouble finding non dbs to group with on Shadowlands, feel free to whisper Jozey or Zantil. Im always looking for stuff to do, and cool people to group with.

FlyinSpaghetti
10.17.2012 , 10:16 AM | #30
I believe they should change some flashpoints so people can't just skip all the trash all the way to the end boss.

Taral V is a joke I find, people skip nearly everything and if you pull then some idiots start screaming in chat about it. All BW need to do is put some adds on the speeder routes so people will play the things properly.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!