Spreadsheet: Leveling Your Crafting Skill To 400

CompassRose

During the beta and during this agonizing wait to get into the game and start playing, I figured on diving into the crafting system.

No matter what crafting skill you go with (Armormech, Armstech, Artifice, Biochem, Cybertech, Synthwaving) you're going to need materials. Lots and lots of materials.

This spreadsheet shows you the 'quickest' way to get to a skill level of 400. By quickest I mean using the least amount of materials, while at the same time getting the most XP in the process.

In the future I plan to add to the spreadsheet, either in the way of new features or just notes and tips based on questions I may get in this thread.

Anyway I hope this is some use to the community, and when you get in...enjoy the game. ;)

Two versions of the same file. One is 8 MBs and has graphics to dress it up a bit. The other is a bare bones version and is less than 1 MB.

http://www.4shared.com/file/9dKAzyz2/SWTOR_Crafting_Guide.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/fZx3VKW7/SWTOR_CG_GraphicLite.html

Google Docs Version:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApFZQPDxUk6WdHpfRVd3Z2l6Z2w3VlhDOGltOEMwY0E

Edited by CompassRose

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crafting materials now have hyperlinks in them that link directly to torhead.

This feature will allow you view exactly what mission can help you aquire a particular material. Thanks to Harvist for the suggestion.

Version 1.2 is now live as of January 19, 2012.

Material requirements are essentially halved based on getting 2 crafting XP points for every recipe you run. Remember to run the highest recipes you have access to in order to ensure you get 2 XP. This is denoted by the orange circle next to the recipe name on your crafting screen. Yellow and Green circles do not always net you 2 XP, so be careful.

Also added a notes and tips page, just to clarify some things about the spreadsheet.

Edited by CompassRose

Appreciated! I was surprised you put a lot of work into layout aswell (but Id be glad even for simple xls). Just a suggestion, maybe for people untouched by beta, you could add item description aswell or link the items to torhead. Enjoy the launch :)

Wow! This is very impressive work! Is that the complete raw material list?

Complete raw material list, yes.

If even one recipe uses it, it's in there.

Appreciated! I was surprised you put a lot of work into layout aswell (but Id be glad even for simple xls). Just a suggestion, maybe for people untouched by beta, you could add item description aswell or link the items to torhead. Enjoy the launch :)

That's going to be a pain in the butt. However that's a fantastic idea. I'll see what I can do about linking to torhead.

Edited by CompassRose

I added you to my friends list. I had something similar on a different mmo, the only difference is that the whole guild had access to it and was able to update as there skill progressed. For example they found a recipe and noted there characters name on the list so the whole guild knows who to go for what when needed. Is there a way to do something like that with this one?