Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Impressions of 1.5


mourasantos's Avatar


mourasantos
10.11.2012 , 09:52 PM | #1
I don't know what HK-51 is like. And to be honest I don't really care, if the level of interaction we have with him is anywhere near as rudimentary as it is with every other companion (and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be).

What I do care about is the fact that Bioware hasn't yet come around to fix the performance issues on 1.4 and already 1.5 is live on the pts with the exact same problems, no performance improvements whatsoever: same weird font, same jittering chatbox, same disappearing taxis, same same same...

Oh, and I was just reminded how much I dislike the workaround they found for the issue of T'wilek headtails clipping with lightsabers, that godawful animation complete with disappearing swords. Ugh. Yeah, that's still around too.

Irrespective of the negativity though, it is nice to see them release content so quick. I've only been at the PTS for five minutes so, who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised once they finally get around to fix the performance issues.

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
10.11.2012 , 09:59 PM | #2
You might want to check out the PTS forum and in particular this thread. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=542992 Not sure it definatively answers your questions but you can see it is a work in progress.

Over all... I'm happy to see activity. Lets see if this will be maintained over time.

mourasantos's Avatar


mourasantos
10.11.2012 , 10:08 PM | #3
What ppl need to realize though, this is all content which has been ready for a long time. Basically they took a big content patch and split it into little parcels, probably to buy enough time for Makeb. All that, "we don't know when HK-51 will be ready" talk? Malarkey. They've had him ready for months.

Apeth's Avatar


Apeth
10.11.2012 , 11:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
What ppl need to realize though, this is all content which has been ready for a long time. Basically they took a big content patch and split it into little parcels, probably to buy enough time for Makeb. All that, "we don't know when HK-51 will be ready" talk? Malarkey. They've had him ready for months.
And you have proof of this? Or is it just wild accusations. I for one am pleased to see new content. Maybe the games still got a long future. I think there's some good stuff in this update.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

psikofunkster's Avatar


psikofunkster
10.11.2012 , 11:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
What ppl need to realize though, this is all content which has been ready for a long time. Basically they took a big content patch and split it into little parcels, probably to buy enough time for Makeb. All that, "we don't know when HK-51 will be ready" talk? Malarkey. They've had him ready for months.
i agree, however this new content is coming too late the lack of fixes superpass the new content. Am i going to resub in order to play this new content despite the CTD happening all day long?.....

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
10.11.2012 , 11:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
And you have proof of this? Or is it just wild accusations.
I don't think he has any proof whatsoever. If he did, he would have splattered it all over the forum. So it's definitely the later.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

JoeeyyMagzz's Avatar


JoeeyyMagzz
10.11.2012 , 11:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
What ppl need to realize though, this is all content which has been ready for a long time. Basically they took a big content patch and split it into little parcels, probably to buy enough time for Makeb. All that, "we don't know when HK-51 will be ready" talk? Malarkey. They've had him ready for months.
When you make accusations like that you should throw them out there with quotes and/or video with sources otherwise you're just another politician that no one likes. First of all, your accusations are flat out wrong because look at the company that owns Bioware... EA would never allow Bioware to sit on content, just look at the release of this game. EA forced Bioware to release this game when it wasn't ready despite the developer's wishes. We can even still see this with the patches that are forced out currently in the game. Each patch goes through an internal test period of who knows how long, and then it sits on the PTS with maybe 75-100 people publicly testing the game over a 2 week period before it is released to the masses. Trust me mourasantos, Bioware is not sitting on any content, they are indeed forcing it out faster than it should be.

mourasantos's Avatar


mourasantos
10.12.2012 , 12:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
And you have proof of this? Or is it just wild accusations. I for one am pleased to see new content. Maybe the games still got a long future. I think there's some good stuff in this update.
I don't need proof; it's common sense. I knew it the moment Bioware announced their plan to release smaller patches at a more frequent rate.

Take the new Warzone, for instance. That's been more than done for a long while now. Heck, dudes were even playing it back at that German video games convention (I forget its name), and guess what: it won't be released for another 12 weeks, at the very least.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd just finished up with Makeb.

Durasturan's Avatar


Durasturan
10.12.2012 , 12:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
And you have proof of this? Or is it just wild accusations. I for one am pleased to see new content. Maybe the games still got a long future. I think there's some good stuff in this update.
HURR DURR...

Really dude? I really wish they didn't remove peoples join date because it would let me know if you really have no clue or are blatantly trolling. Maybe you just didn't participate in the betas or something.

So we had him like a year ago. Then right before the game went live they took him out. No explanation. Then people started complaining and they came up with some lame excuse "He didn't quite work the way we wanted him too..." and when that was shouted down by those of us that participated in the Beta and remembered him working just fine they changed it to: well we wanted to make him special and part of an event...

I'm actually pretty shocked they aren't saving him for sale in the ftp cash market. They must have realized if they did that they would literally kill the game. Everyone would quit.

But yes my little newbie friend, HK was in the game a year ago and they removed him, so were all these "super cool awesome oranges" they are putting in their stupid little gambling boxes (they removed about 90% of the custom gear from the game right before launch...)

Baptes's Avatar


Baptes
10.12.2012 , 01:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
HURR DURR...

Really dude? I really wish they didn't remove peoples join date because it would let me know if you really have no clue or are blatantly trolling. Maybe you just didn't participate in the betas or something.

So we had him like a year ago. Then right before the game went live they took him out. No explanation. Then people started complaining and they came up with some lame excuse "He didn't quite work the way we wanted him too..." and when that was shouted down by those of us that participated in the Beta and remembered him working just fine they changed it to: well we wanted to make him special and part of an event...

I'm actually pretty shocked they aren't saving him for sale in the ftp cash market. They must have realized if they did that they would literally kill the game. Everyone would quit.

But yes my little newbie friend, HK was in the game a year ago and they removed him, so were all these "super cool awesome oranges" they are putting in their stupid little gambling boxes (they removed about 90% of the custom gear from the game right before launch...)
Crap beat me to it! But yes, this poster speaketh the truth. He vanished just like all that custom gear before live.

I'm with you btw. I was betting he was going into the new EA money dispense...I mean Cartel Coin Shop, right next to where all our missing armor went. Gamble boxes...bleh how low they sink. And with their removal just before launch, EA had to know SWTOR was going to go F2P. Or at the very least have a cash shop.