Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest for HK-51

Jinxblog
10.11.2012 , 12:25 PM | #1
Let the hunt begin!

PTS notes confirm that:

Spoiler

Theories and finds:

Spoiler

Side note, it's been hinted/confirmed by the devs that you will need both a Republic and Empire character to fully unlock HK. Since they haven't done character copies since 1.2(?), let's hope some of us were lucky enough to get both faction characters on the PTS (I was not :/).

Additionally, I started this on the General forms since adventurers looking for the Taunling of 1.2 had all their theories lost when the patch went Live (all threads were deleted). There was a lot of headache trying to figure out what already had not worked.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

BenjaminminU
10.11.2012 , 01:21 PM | #2
I'll have a look once the PTS is downloaded, i only have a level 50 republic character right now but i'll look inside section X for him, i hope this will be as good as hinted at before.

I want a mission to go all over the galaxy, having to follow clues and actually listen to the mission givers to get the clues to the locations of objects, like a man in anchorhead has salvaged a piece. An SIS agent gives a description of the man and you have to find him based on the description.

Then on Coruscant, a rogue HK-50 has reawakened and has started creating a droid army in the works, after solving a puzzle to activate the elevator, your character is taken down deep inside the works where you confront the droid army, before salvaging a HK Control Cluster from the remains of HK-50.

I also hope HK-51 will use Aim statted Sniper Rifles.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

amnie
10.11.2012 , 01:23 PM | #3
I would expect that considering it says the parts are all over the galaxy that there will be some parts you can only get in the zones that are specific for the faction... for example that you need to get something on the imperial version of Taris and another on the Republic version of Balmorra... or in the different areas on Corellia that are only reachable by one faction or something like the +10 datacron hunt

emidas
10.11.2012 , 01:29 PM | #4
My guess is most of the stuff revolves in the new Belsavis area, 1 piece on either homeworld (possibly), and maybe a piece in each faction's 32-36 planat (Taris/Bal, which is like given you need a mid-level of another faction).
Slingemi 55 Gunslinger | Emidas 50 Scoundrel | Crimp 50 Vanguard
Snipemi 55 Sniper | Sithyllis 50 Marauder |Vagemi 39 Powertech
The Chatos Academy - Officer

ObiJuanShenobi
10.11.2012 , 01:34 PM | #5
Should you guys be posting updates on finding HK-51 in a spoiler tag?

I don't mind, but i'm sure some people do.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Urael
10.11.2012 , 01:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
Should you guys be posting updates on finding HK-51 in a spoiler tag?

I don't mind, but i'm sure some people do.
^This .. plus how about in the PTS forums?

Wolfninjajedi
10.11.2012 , 01:37 PM | #7
I would have thought they would have kept HK-51 secret until posting him to live, so no one would get a headstar and make guides and all...ah well.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Urael
10.11.2012 , 01:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I would have thought they would have kept HK-51 secret until posting him to live, so no one would get a headstar and make guides and all...ah well.
What did you expect. This has been the MO since well the beginning.

BenjaminminU
10.11.2012 , 01:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
And after reading this post, somewhere at bioware, someone just yelled a string of profanities
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Wolfninjajedi
10.11.2012 , 01:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
And after reading this post, somewhere at bioware, someone just yelled a string of profanities
Well I mean, it makes sense is all. Otherwise, anyone could just lvl 2 characters, grab the guide and have HK in no time. Of course a guide would come out anyway, but still.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.