Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frustration with Operations and Flashpoint

mikebevo
10.11.2012 , 03:53 PM | #11
If you are on the The Harbinger and just need the “Biometric Crystal Alloy” send me a private message. I have a ton or if you want to get it yourself, depending on the time you can run HM FP with me and some guild mates, we will not moan if you want to watch the cutscenes and I guarantee we will finish the HM FP. My group is too stupid to quit anything.

justgladtobeme
10.11.2012 , 07:58 PM | #12
Hey OP (original poster)!

I have to agree with the other folks who have posted and say that this is a "community-issue" rather than a game-issue.

Coming from other MMORPGs, I've noticed the SWTOR community is a bit... antsy. When I first started (just a few months ago), I was blown away at the concept of "skipping" and things to speed up flashpoint runs in any way possible. To be completely honest, I preferred spending those 1-2 hours in instanced dungeons (FPs) fighting trash monsters.

Jump ahead a couple months, and I catch myself "skipping" nearly anything possible when I play my tanking character. I'm guilty of it, and I don't actually prefer it; I just do it be "courteous" of the group - because apparently time is that valuable. *SHRUG*

Well, I'll keep it short... I could go on for days.

Anyways, if you're on "The Harbinger" server, I'd love to group with you on my level 50 healer and set the speed however you like it. I'm thinking about maybe finding more like-minded people who want to do less rushing through content and more enjoying.

Spinach - The Harbinger

Kemra
10.11.2012 , 11:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ismercu View Post
This is mostly true but i find HM FP'S completely useless you can do EV and KP HM with recruit mk-2 gear why bother with columi most people doing it are overgeared farming them for comms, SM Ops take too long to queue and not worth the trouble. HM OPS except EC and TFB are easy as hell yet they are not on the queue list etc and etc.
Ignore this person, HM ops you need more than recruit or your just being carried, even SM ops I'd never invite someone unless they could at least show me they have an interest in being a team player and have a pve set even if its all Tionese/crafted mix.

Theres a lot of nice people and guilds around, I'd suggest you spend half hour looking for them, maybe asking in general chat if theres any friendly PVE guilds looking for members who would be willing to show a new player the ropes.

Post your servers name, if your on my server we can get you the help you need, even help you gear up for ops if your interested, we have 1 or 2 weekly runs to introduce people into them, and regular HM flashpoint runs to teach the game mechanics as well as get gear.
Yoda of Borg am I. Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, I will.

Co-GM Dark Hearts, GM Wipes on Trash, Progression team member of Ebony (current), Hard CoR (disbanded) and Suicide Squad (disbanded), no RL since 2012!

Khornell
10.12.2012 , 10:08 AM | #14
I agree with the community issue. What some people tend to forget (and it is real easy to do) that everyone started somewhere, and not everyone knows all the content front to back. I normally run with at least one guildmate when I do flashpoints regardless of which toon I am playing. We try to be in the habit of asking if anyone needs something from that particular FP, or if everyone wants to skip stuff before we go plowing thru it for the daily quest.

If you are on The Shadowlands server look me up. I would be willing to help you out. I have some guildies who feel the same way. The characters I normally play are on the imp side - Khornell / Drathos / Vestervan.

DocZoloft
10.12.2012 , 10:31 AM | #15
It makes me sad to hear that you've been having so much trouble. PUGs (pick-up groups) can be really brutal sometimes. If you're on Prophecy of the Five, send me (Zoloc) a message and I or one of my guildmates can show you the ropes.
Zoloc | Xanaxa | Gardasil | Mohrphine | Prozaq | Valiumm | Klonopinn | Rytalin | Vicodina | Cilline

Webalienz
10.12.2012 , 11:30 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabod View Post
I run into players doing “speed mode”, which I have yet to figure out. Those always seem to be failures as they take off and I am left trying to fight though everything that they leave behind. They get to some boss and as I cannot get to them, they are a man short. I have had times when the other three players complete the mission and I am stuck at one of the earlier encounters. Most of the time, they get stuck at a boss and decided to kick me for “not doing my job”.

I also run into groups that kick me before I have even loaded into the flashpoint. I don’t usually get an explanation save one time when I was told that I was “under-geared”. That was a story-mode flashpoint, by the way. I look though my gear. It is loaded up with crafted level 50 purple armor pieces and modifiers, leaves me starching my head as to what is acceptable gear and how to get it. To date, I have found nothing that I can actually get that is better save for the daily level 51 armor pieces and that’s only by a few points.
I've had this same experience. A group I was in was in "speed mode" and taking paths with their speeders that required a lot of balancing on ledges to go around mobs. After accidentally falling and causing mobs to attack me, I got booted. Reason given: "bad".

Experiences like this make me not want to group up with random people at all. But I've also done two HM Flashpoints where even though they were in "speed mode", they understood that I was new (I always announce at the beginning that I'm new) and didn't take offense when I would accidentally aggro a mob that they were trying to get around.

After my bad experience, I saw two of my Guildmates on Ilium. So I headed over there and we ran through some of the missions and had a great time. So as everyone else has said: Find a guild that is welcoming of new players and just put people who end up kicking you out of the group (or who are abusive in chat during the Flashpoint) on your ignore list.

TrumpetNut
10.12.2012 , 05:35 PM | #17
I am always annoyed when i'm doing a HM FP and they skip all the bosses and I can't get columi tokens and such. Which is why i'm running the FP. When peaple skip things it is a waste of your 30 min- hour. so I leave and the next group does the same thing....

TrumpetNut
10.12.2012 , 05:41 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by justgladtobeme View Post
Hey OP (original poster)!

I have to agree with the other folks who have posted and say that this is a "community-issue" rather than a game-issue.

Coming from other MMORPGs, I've noticed the SWTOR community is a bit... antsy. When I first started (just a few months ago), I was blown away at the concept of "skipping" and things to speed up flashpoint runs in any way possible. To be completely honest, I preferred spending those 1-2 hours in instanced dungeons (FPs) fighting trash monsters.

Jump ahead a couple months, and I catch myself "skipping" nearly anything possible when I play my tanking character. I'm guilty of it, and I don't actually prefer it; I just do it be "courteous" of the group - because apparently time is that valuable. *SHRUG*

Well, I'll keep it short... I could go on for days.

Anyways, if you're on "The Harbinger" server, I'd love to group with you on my level 50 healer and set the speed however you like it. I'm thinking about maybe finding more like-minded people who want to do less rushing through content and more enjoying.

Spinach - The Harbinger
I am on harbinger and will be lvl 50 in maybe a couple weeks (im 41 right now and leveling is slow but im nonstop questing)and would like to do HM FP's and stuff I can go any pace as long as we get the bosses for columi tokens!
Friend my character, totalager and then we can meet up sometime