Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated is on Public Test Server!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated is on Public Test Server!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lionflash
10.11.2012 , 01:31 PM | #21
Is HK-51 a... retroactive (?) character? Meaning if you pick him up at 50 you can gain his affection and companion cutscenes I'm assuming and stuff like normal companions right? But if you get him earlier on in your class story does he speak during class quests and react to NPC dialogue like your other companions?

If he does I might save him for my new trooper, but I would want to know what he says in all of the 8 class stories.

emidas
10.11.2012 , 01:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Is HK-51 a... retroactive (?) character? Meaning if you pick him up at 50 you can gain his affection and companion cutscenes I'm assuming and stuff like normal companions right? But if you get him earlier on in your class story does he speak during class quests and react to NPC dialogue like your other companions?

If he does I might save him for my new trooper, but I would want to know what he says in all of the 8 class stories.
Considering he requires a character on both sides, I'm more curious to know if he is a "legacy" companion (once you unlock him, he's unlocked for all toons).
Slingemi 55 Gunslinger | Emidas 50 Scoundrel | Crimp 50 Vanguard
Snipemi 55 Sniper | Sithyllis 50 Marauder |Vagemi 39 Powertech
The Chatos Academy - Officer

Lionflash
10.11.2012 , 01:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by emidas View Post
Considering he requires a character on both sides, I'm more curious to know if he is a "legacy" companion (once you unlock him, he's unlocked for all toons).
Oh? I haven't been up to date with HK news I assumed he had to be gained individually for each of your characters.

If he's unlocked once you do the quest once...does he just appear in your other characters ships? Guess he exists outside the class stories...

GhostDrone
10.11.2012 , 01:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Oh? I haven't been up to date with HK news I assumed he had to be gained individually for each of your characters.

If he's unlocked once you do the quest once...does he just appear in your other characters ships? Guess he exists outside the class stories...
According to this interview; http://www.forcejunkies.com/2012/06/...taining-hk-51/

Yes, he should be legacy-wide.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Lionflash
10.11.2012 , 01:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostDrone View Post
According to this interview; http://www.forcejunkies.com/2012/06/...taining-hk-51/

Yes, he should be legacy-wide.
" ...his dialogue, when he’s with you… all of that is obviously very different if you just decided that you have an assassin droid as a Jedi Knight, which I will say is a bit startling to him, versus getting it as a Sith Warrior. So yeah, there are completely different forks because it is a 100% developed companion character."

the quote about being a 100% developed companion character leads me to believe he will be 100% fleshed out like all the other companions.

...but I'm not sure he will be standing in the same room as all my other companions when my class quest has me use my ships intercom and all my companions gather and speak their mind.

Ekas
10.11.2012 , 02:08 PM | #26
So, does anyone know how long updates usually stay on the PTS before they're released? In other word, when can we expect 1.5 to launch?

Can't wait for HK-51!

Izorii
10.11.2012 , 02:14 PM | #27
Have to say I am very critical o this game (mostly because of lack of sand box ideas) but i am impressed that this update is coming out and it looks like it will beat the 6 week time frame and make it out before ftp. Plus new compion and dailys stuff i will actually do!

TYBERzan
10.11.2012 , 02:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
While I wait for the PTS client to finish updating, there is only one question on my mind:

Are Chat Bubbles in Game Update 1.5? If yes, it's totally awesome and I can't wait to test it.

If no, why not and in which update can we finally expect them to be added? It's about time.
Speak for yourself, I HATE chat bubbles, they are the ugliest stupidest Idea ever implemented in an MMO. Considering that this is a story based game, which is supposed to be extremely immersive, the bubbles had better have a toggle or not be implemented at all.
Spoiler

Gravesman
10.11.2012 , 02:39 PM | #29
Awesome!

But more importantly,

Hood toggle?!?!?!
Darth Gyckik - Human Marauder
Darth Rasnet - Zabrak Assassin
Jingo the Mandalorian - Cyborg Mercenary
Agent Nis'eb - Chiss Sniper

Kaiiizuka
10.11.2012 , 02:44 PM | #30