Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anyone else BORED with flashpoints?

NasherUK
10.13.2012 , 08:46 AM | #41
The mistake all MMORPGS make is they make instances/dungeons etc. to linear. If they had randomized mobs, events and multiple paths you can take they would be a lot more fun for longer.

I remember one of the early previews of SWTOR saying that you could unlock different paths in flashpoints depending on what classes you have in the group. But that just isn't the case

Petnil
10.13.2012 , 09:34 AM | #42
well, in some of the lowlv FP you can choose unlock a shortcut, but so far iīve only seen one instance with 2 different routes. BT takes you a different route depending on whether you let the captain live or kill him. Only difference is 1 boss, but still itīs a difference.

Machine-Elf
06.03.2013 , 12:46 PM | #43
I certainly am.

AlixMV
06.03.2013 , 01:07 PM | #44
I haven't seen different /classes/ making a difference, but as another OC said, I've seen different class skills giving the group access to shortcuts which would technically be different paths to the same end.

Although, in the HM 55s, you usually don't want to take those shortcuts since it sometimes means not getting enough enemies to trigger the Bonus Boss. :/
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Seireeni
06.03.2013 , 01:10 PM | #45
I get bored if the run is too easy. If we one-shot everything and no one is ever even close to dying, it's a pretty boring run to me. Especially when the boss is pretty much "dps it till it's dead!"-thing (or "dps till it's dead and kill the adds!"), and many bosses are.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Thundergulch
06.03.2013 , 01:28 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
I certainly am.
You necro an 8 month old thread for this gem of a reply?

Ottoattack
06.03.2013 , 05:00 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
You necro an 8 month old thread for this gem of a reply?
The funny part is the since this old thread was posted there has been zero new flash points added, even with the expansion.

But you know why I am really bored? I am stuck playing the same 4 HM level 55 FPs over and over again. BW could have at least the curiosity of scaling some of the old FPs to level 55, like the two that do not already have HMs, so we have a grand total of 6. But apparently that's a lot of content.

Khevar
06.03.2013 , 06:24 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
The funny part is the since this old thread was posted there has been zero new flash points added, even with the expansion.

But you know why I am really bored? I am stuck playing the same 4 HM level 55 FPs over and over again. BW could have at least the curiosity of scaling some of the old FPs to level 55, like the two that do not already have HMs, so we have a grand total of 6. But apparently that's a lot of content.
One thing that recently revitalized the flashpoints for me, is I got a close friend to stat playing TOR for the first time.

I created yet another toon, and we're leveling together. Since I'm a bit overpowered with a +500 presence bonus, we're ignoring the side quests and most of the planetary quests, but focusing on Heroics and Flashpoints. Because every single of these are new to HIM, and he's excited about them, I myself have started to get excited about them all over again.

It's actually an interesting phenomenon. Now, I can't wait to get him to 50 and show him EV and KP, despite the fact that I've run them so many times they haven't been interesting to me in like forever.

thomasbaxter
06.04.2013 , 03:02 PM | #49
I am at the stage I can't be assed with the flashpoints. Before I ran them because the operations kept things fresh but now because I can't run 50 ops at level 55 using group finder all I can do is run FPs or grind dailies. No idea why this is not getting fixed but think it's obvious now that it's not. Unsubbed.

ELRunninW
06.04.2013 , 03:15 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
I'd be happy if they just mad HM version of all the available FP's.
oopps, zombie again